Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Browns | 11/06/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Makes that Niners win just a leeeetle less impressive. /boozeman

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm fine with Dez. I don't think he was pissed about his number of targets. I think he was agitated about the no-calls.

Did he allow those no-calls to get under his skin? Probably. But I don't think that warrants breaking out the torches and pitchforks.

And as some have pointed out, Dez probably has 2-3 TDs last week with better thrown passes from Dak. So I'm not going to pretend that the Cowboys would be better off without him.

I guess since the team is doing so well we have to fill the vacuum created by that success. We've been so average to bad for most of the last two decades that we've been conditioned to griping about the Cowboys in some form or fashion. But now that everything is coming up roses, we don't know how to just enjoy ourselves.

It's like when you're standing up in front of a group and you have that awkward "what should I do with my hands" feeling. Should I put them in my pocket. Should I fold my arms across my chest. Etc.

The Cowboys have given us little to nothing to gripe about so people are confused on how to react. It feels like some people latch onto minor issues and blow them out of proportion just to have something to complain about. All because they're so damn used to complaining about the Cowboys.

R-E-L-A-X. Relax.

It's all good. Every molehill doesn't have to be built into a mountain.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I never said or thought Dez was pissed about not getting the ball, but I do think he allowed his emotions from the non-calls to affect him mentally and take him out of the game for a stretch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dez is definitely a useful tool. The only question we may face at some point is if the production is still worth the pay. But we are at least another year and half away.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As has been well documented on this board, there is no bigger Dez supporter than me, but I am starting to get a bit tired of his shit. I know this will come as a huge shock to most, but I am close to giving up on him and hoping we trade him and go after a #1 WR in the coming draft. I don't think I am quite there yet, but I'm closer than I ever thought I would be. It sucks.
I'm not even close to "giving up on him" but we, he, and the coaching staff needs to realize he has to change something.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dare I say we should try to get Carr back at a new contract at a discounted rate.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well, we're going up against arguably the league's best receiver and best RB next week, so we're about to find out exactly how good this defense really is.
Pittsburgh's 14 points this week don't impress me to the tune of best anything. Roethlisberger is the guy that scares me though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pittsburgh's 14 points this week don't impress me to the tune of best anything. Roethlisberger is the guy that scares me though.
Yea, but I'm attributing that more to Roethlisberger being back at 75% at best and on the road against a division rival.

At home, playing for their lives, they will be ready. Before he got hurt, Pittsburgh had arguably the most dangerous all around offense in the league.

This will be a very tough game and that offense will be a handful.

I don't care that they are 4-4. If we win this game on that field, it becomes a SB or bust season for me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They showed him loafing on a route yesterday but unlike Dez it was not put under the spotlight.

The announcer was looking for anything to be negative about with Dez it was especially evident when they missed him getting held in the endzone.

Charles Davis was especially going hard at him.
Beasley is not a #1 WR making #1 WR money nor is he capable of putting up #1 WR numbers when he gets #1 WR attention. Dez is all those things.

What you may see as hating on Dez is our realization that he can and should be so much better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh, and this is an interesting little tidbit. This is the first time since '94 that the Cowboys have held offenses to an average of 25 ppg or less at the halfway point of the season.
I must be misreading this stat. 25 points per game?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oh, and this is an interesting little tidbit. This is the first time since '94 that the Cowboys have held offenses to an average of 25 ppg or less at the halfway point of the season.
That can't be right.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dare I say we should try to get Carr back at a new contract at a discounted rate.
I think you have to sign him. I would have preferred Claiborne but I don't think you can count on him to stay healthy. Would hate to try and replace both unless they really think Brown can handle it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That can't be right.
There is no way.

The first time since 94 we haven't allowed teams to score 25 points per game? No way. I doubt we allowed that even last year. Certainly not in 2014.

25 points per game is a shit metric ton.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think you have to sign him. I would have preferred Claiborne but I don't think you can count on him to stay healthy. Would hate to try and replace both unless they really think Brown can handle it.
I'll take both back at reasonable deals.

Use your draft picks for front 7 help and the DBs will continue to look good.

Top Bottom