• Trade down to 15-32 spot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade out of 1st round entirely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

data

Forbes #1
I really had to exercise will power with the options here...

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I picked other because this organization is impossible to predict.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way, I think it's easily either Bosa or Ramsey for the Cowboys at 4. We should probably all be hoping for a trade down.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think it's Ramsey if he's available. He's about my 6th option and that's taking into consideration Goff and Wentz being off the board and non-factors.

First: I'd trade down a spots.
Second: Draft Elliot
Third: Bosa
Fourth: Buckner
Fifth: Tunsil
Sixth: Ramsey

But even if we take Ramsey I won't break things. Things will get broken if we take someone like Hargreaves at 4 or if we take Ramsey and then draft Cook or Hackenberg or Dak or Brissett or any other QB not named Paxton Lynch in the 2nd or 3rd round. To tell the truth, things probably get broken if we take one of those QB's on day 2 regardless of who we take on day 1.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Jerry drafts Bosa and I predict he will mention JJ Watt in his interviews.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/25/chargers-stadium-2016-nfl-draft-strategy/

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/4/14/11434476/why-laremy-tunsil-can-t-be-the-chargers-pick-at-3

Couple articles saying the Chargers probably won't draft Tunsil, starting with that they spent lots of money resigning offensive tackles in the offseason, and also lost Eric Weddle and Patrick Robinson.

Fingers crossed.
Ramsey goes three causing Cowboys to trade down. God that would be soooooo nice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry drafts Bosa and I predict he will mention JJ Watt in his interviews.
I can live with Bosa. He has been an elite level player in this draft for like 2 years now. I think people are over analyzing him at this point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also apparently Mel was on the radio and said that he's hearing it's Bosa or Elliot for Dallas, over Ramsey. He said that just yesterday morning (Monday morning). Maybe the Ramsey love is a smokescreen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Also apparently Mel was on the radio and said that he's hearing it's Bosa or Elliot for Dallas, over Ramsey. He said that just yesterday morning (Monday morning). Maybe the Ramsey love is a smokescreen.
Also Jones said RB head not a high priority. May be accurate, may be a smokescreen.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I predict a lot of crying happening.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think it's Ramsey if he's available. He's about my 6th option and that's taking into consideration Goff and Wentz being off the board and non-factors.

First: I'd trade down a spots.
Second: Draft Elliot
Third: Bosa
Fourth: Buckner
Fifth: Tunsil
Sixth: Ramsey

But even if we take Ramsey I won't break things. Things will get broken if we take someone like Hargreaves at 4 or if we take Ramsey and then draft Cook or Hackenberg or Dak or Brissett or any other QB not named Paxton Lynch in the 2nd or 3rd round. To tell the truth, things probably get broken if we take one of those QB's on day 2 regardless of who we take on day 1.
I'm pretty much the same, but I'd even rather take Lynch at 4 than Ramsey. None of the defensive players at the top of the draft thrill me. If we take Hargreaves or Jack, just shoot me. Though I wouldn't totally hate Cook or Hackenberg in the 3rd if we can't get Lynch somehow.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The good news going in to this draft...maybe we can get Oakman like we got Collins last year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hopefully.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Of course also apparently SD did not being in Ramsey for a visit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hackenberg is a guy I have changed my tune on. As a freshman he was basically running the Patriots offense, but when O'Brien left, he and Franklin did not work well together.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we draft Ramsey to play safety that would at least mitigate the mistake somewhat. A Ramsey/Jones safety combination would be really intriguing with the amount of range that those two guys have, as well as the fact that both can match up in man against TE's and some WR's, including in the slot. The problem is that we don't run a secondary with imaginative coverages like the Cardinals do so the potential of that safety pairing may not be realized.

But still, I prioritize safeties over CB's, as I'm sure most of the board does, and the athleticism/range that we would have back there between the two of them would be very interesting to see. The main problem would be if we kept jerking one or both of them around and didn't just let them settle in at safety long term.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Hackenberg is a guy I have changed my tune on. As a freshman he was basically running the Patriots offense, but when O'Brien left, he and Franklin did not work well together.
I'm not concerned with the physical in him; just feel like he has embraced the sanctions, coaching change, crappy offensive line play, and any other excuse that would shift the blame for his sub-par performances/not winning. I don't sense he has the requisite mental toughness.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not concerned with the physical in him; just feel like he has embraced the sanctions, coaching change, crappy offensive line play, and any other excuse that would shift the blame for his sub-par performances/not winning. I don't sense he has the requisite mental toughness.
I would view it in a different way...he could have left PSU before his freshman year because of the sanctions. However, as a kid who grew up in the state he wanted to be a part of the rebuilding process. The reality is that the O-line and coaching were huge factors.

Top Bottom