Murray watch thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What does he mean "as an owner of another team"?
Maybe he means that even owners of other teams are wanting them to re-sign him. Like they are getting appalled by it or something. I just can't imagine it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Take this money offered to him, give it to Hardy and take Gurney at 27. Fixes this whole damn mess.
I'd rather have Gordon, but Gurly would be just fine.

But yea, this plan would be exactly what I would do with the money if we don't get Murray.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is he expected to be around at 27?
I think so.

In fact, I think he's falling to the 2nd round.

Think about it - RB's are less and less values these days. Not a single RB went in the 1st round last year, avd he's coming off major knee surgery. I'd be very surprised if he went in the first even though I think he's worth it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is he expected to be around at 27?
Yeah, but if he runs a super fast forty who knows. Right now he is projected after Gordon. Hell Kiper has him as his third best RB, but Kiper has been a bit off the wall so far this offseason.

If Ameer Abdullah didn't have fumbling issues he'd be at the top of my list in the second round. The guy is scary good with a ball in his hands. Really like David Johnson as well. Ajayi has everything you look for in a RB. Some have even said he is a more talented Doug Martin. Then you get to guys like Duke Johnson, David Cobb and Langford who are all really good RBs.

Great list of guys. I skipped Tevin Coleman because there is something that scares me about him but I'm not sure what it is. He is a one cut back who averaged a crazy 7.5 ypc and 2036 yards rushing. Also has very nice size. I think I just don't trust a player who played at god awful Indiana.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Fact.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the Raiders are the most likely destination. They have tons of money and are a shitty team that needs to sell tickets. Plus a back like Murray would be a real asset while bringing along a young QB.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think so.

In fact, I think he's falling to the 2nd round.

Think about it - RB's are less and less values these days. Not a single RB went in the 1st round last year, avd he's coming off major knee surgery. I'd be very surprised if he went in the first even though I think he's worth it.
I know the value of RBs has dropped but I was under the impression that even with that being the case this guy would be a potential top 10 pick if not for the knee. Seems like some team would grab him mid/late 1st and deal with him missing some time if he really is that kind of talent. I really don't follow the draft stuff much anymore though so I really don't know.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah, but if he runs a super fast forty who knows. Right now he is projected after Gordon. Hell Kiper has him as his third best RB, but Kiper has been a bit off the wall so far this offseason.

If Ameer Abdullah didn't have fumbling issues he'd be at the top of my list in the second round. The guy is scary good with a ball in his hands. Really like David Johnson as well. Ajayi has everything you look for in a RB. Some have even said he is a more talented Doug Martin. Then you get to guys like Duke Johnson, David Cobb and Langford who are all really good RBs.

Great list of guys. I skipped Tevin Coleman because there is something that scares me about him but I'm not sure what it is. He is a one cut back who averaged a crazy 7.5 ypc and 2036 yards rushing. Also has very nice size. I think I just don't trust a player who played at god awful Indiana.
I have heard this draft has a lot of nice RB talent. Good to know. Most of the guys you mentioned figure to go off the board in the 2nd round?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know the value of RBs has dropped but I was under the impression that even with that being the case this guy would be a potential top 10 pick if not for the knee. Seems like some team would grab him mid/late 1st and deal with him missing some time if he really is that kind of talent. I really don't follow the draft stuff much anymore though so I really don't know.
Part my concern with him is that the backup RB Chubb basically filled in for him this season and was equally productive as a Freshman.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have heard this draft has a lot of nice RB talent. Good to know. Most of the guys you mentioned figure to go off the board in the 2nd round?
Probably in the second day. Meaning in the second/third round range. Someone will fall though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of those names still on the board come round 4.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd rather have Gordon, but Gurly would be just fine.

But yea, this plan would be exactly what I would do with the money if we don't get Murray.
If Gurley had not gotten hurt I think he would be a lock to go in the top 20. He could even be top 15 to a team like Minn. If his knee checks out I'd have a hard time not having him as my #1 RB. He is bigger than Gordon and runs with a bit more power.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think this very well could have been the case back in late October, but Gordon had a monster year and took all the RB attention with him.

I personally liked Gordon more from the beginning, but the Gordon hype train got going in November and Gurly was kind of forgotten. That's why I think he's likely to fall to the 2nd when in late October, that wouldn't have been the case.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Part my concern with him is that the backup RB Chubb basically filled in for him this season and was equally productive as a Freshman.
True, but I saw some real game breaking ability from him returning kicks. Just explosive for a guy that size.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If Gurley had not gotten hurt I think he would be a lock to go in the top 20. He could even be top 15 to a team like Minn. If his knee checks out I'd have a hard time not having him as my #1 RB. He is bigger than Gordon and runs with a bit more power.
He might be a bigger man overall, but I like Gordon's build better and his running style.

I also like that he came from a running school.

Gurly would be an excellent pick and I'd love to have him, I just personally prefer Gordon.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He might be a bigger man overall, but I like Gordon's build better and his running style.

I also like that he came from a running school.

Gurly would be an excellent pick and I'd love to have him, I just personally prefer Gordon.
Gordon just looks more elusive to me. When you watch him on the field he is very fast and elusive. Gurley is more your prototypical big back but with legit straight line speed. Gurley has some injury issues though. Missed games in 2013 and then tore his knee up in 2014.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

In that case:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I really don't see how Kelly would survive the shit storm from signing Murray and Ryan, when he's on record saying they got rid of McCoy mainly to save 12 million against the cap....which is basically close to where they'd be if they sign Murray for anything over 6 million.

But if the Eagles wanna pay him 6-7 million a year....go for it.

:lol

Top Bottom