2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't remember that at all. What game was that and how long ago? Are those the Saddle Tramps?
It was somewhere near the year of 2001...

Tech beat the aggroids and tore the goalposts down. The famed goalpost incident let a mark (lol, literally) on the proud aggies forever.

After the goalpost was torn down it was marched around the field. They tried to carry it out of the stadium but was blocked, so they started towards the aggie fan section. The aggie fans stayed wayyy to long and refused to leave the stadium. Mike McKinney (Governor Perry's Chief of Staff) was in the crowd defending against the criminals coming toward him said, "it was an out of control, angry mob. I felt like I was defending the Alamo." :lol the funny thing was that the angry mob was lead by none other than the 12 year old GAP kid. McKinney said he was getting attacked so he started swinging his binoculars wildy in self defense, of course. He hit some people with it and then someone punched him in the face. After this he gave several interviews about how he was a man of honor who had to defend the great state of Texas. He called for defunding of the school, lawsuits and jail against the sorry Tech person attacked him. Thankfully he was man enough to withstand the angry mob (lead by 12 year old GAP kid?).

Now here is the funniest part of the story - after an investigation of the ordeal and all of the film being reviewed it turned out that while Texas hero McKinney was wildly swinging his binoculars he hit some Aggies. The person that punched him in the face turned out to be an aggie visitor himself.

Long live the GAP kid!

Texas aTm hero Mike McKinney

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know the gap kid and goalpost story. What was up with the cadet swinging his sword? I don't remember ever seeing that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know the gap kid and goalpost story. What was up with the cadet swinging his sword? I don't remember ever seeing that.
The grass at aggie stadium (or whatever they call it) is sacred ground. Nobody is allowed to step on the grass. It is guarded by brave cadets with swords. For some reason a few SMU folks ended up on the grass and a proud, brave cadet tried to defend the honor of the turf with his sword.

Never EVER let any part of your body touch that grass, pal.

:va

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Warning to any SEC rivals concerning the turf:

I've heard that areas of the field are retractable with compartments that contain humvees with roof mounted machine guns. If you step on the field there is a good chance that you will die and civil war will break out.

Bear Bryant's mummified body is down there and his spirit lives on. Mike McKinney is of course the General of the secret Aggie Defense (because the defense on the field damn sure can't do it) Team.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trevor Knight is transferring to A&M?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Anybody want to wake up 1big fan?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Trevor Knight is transferring to A&M?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anybody want to wake up 1big fan?
I think I can speak for him when I say Good luck Trevor. Don't let the door hit you in the gluts. As an aside, Murray might not be out of the woods by signing with OU. Got it from another source today that he is on thin ice scholastically. Even in high school he was nearly under water. This is a first hand source about his high school grades. I hope Mayfield can work out another year of eligibility.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think I can speak for him when I say Good luck Trevor. Don't let the door hit you in the gluts. As an aside, Murray might not be out of the woods by signing with OU. Got it from another source today that he is on thin ice scholastically. Even in high school he was nearly under water. This is a first hand source about his high school grades. I hope Mayfield can work out another year of eligibility.
Mayfield has next year. I'd be more worried about his concussion history and how fearlessly he plays.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Let's take my son for example. Tough as hell player, won every award possible in HS, feared by all in small schools, lead teams to championships. But a step too slow and small. He could have walked-on at Tech, taken a handful of offers from small schools or chosen another path. After talking and coming to the conclusion that there was zero chances of him ever making a living in football he went to JC, got an A.S. and joined the Army nursing program.

In another case one of my best friends had a little brother in the same situation. He walked on at Tech and stayed until he graduated. He played special teams, traveled, bowl games, made lifelong friends and enjoyed his experience even though he had a major injury. He gained one heck of a network and now makes a great living.

Both chose. Both great outcomes. No accusations of slavery happened.
If Google, Microsoft and every major tech company decided they were going to collude and fix wages to make their employees work for room and board it would be illegal. College football gets a pass for a completely bullshit reason of "tradition". They can afford millions for coaches, they can afford 7.25 an hour for their workers.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If Google, Microsoft and every major tech company decided they were going to collude and fix wages to make their employees work for room and board it would be illegal. College football gets a pass for a completely bullshit reason of "tradition". They can afford millions for coaches, they can afford 7.25 an hour for their workers.
I think those are called internships.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BTW, Tech pays its players the most or pretty close to it, i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom