QB Controversy Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That sounds fine and dandy until Romo throws a pick. Or loses a game because he failed to do anything. If you don't think some players will be thinking about it then you're crazy. Right now everyone is saying the right thing but benching a QB who is winning games and doing so while posting big time numbers absolutely can screw with the teams chemistry. The players just haven't been faced with that issue yet.
It isn't unprecedented for a starting QB to get injured and then comeback to their starting position when the are ready. In fact I think the veterans would feel a bit of bitterness if the starting QB was benched after recovering from an injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It isn't unprecedented for a starting QB to get injured and then comeback to their starting position when the are ready. In fact I think the veterans would feel a bit of bitterness if the starting QB was benched after recovering from an injury.
Where the backup came in and performed as well as Dak? Do you have an example? I can't think of one.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
If Dak keeps playing like he has, and the Cowboys are winning...no way do I give Romo a spot back at starter.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
How can the beaner possibly compete with the mulatto's mix of athletic ability and non stop motor?

data

Forbes #1
God blessed. Nothing like a QB discussion to bring out the best in us. I hope for the ole hell, fire and brimstone of ye olde DCC I.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God blessed. Nothing like a QB discussion to bring out the best in us. I hope for the ole hell, fire and brimstone of ye olde DCC I.
Glad you are are around to remember that shit because I sure can't.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
We will revisit this when the bye week comes. Seems silly for me to speculate at this point about what our record will be then. Like I said, if we are 5-1 it's a massive difference then 2-4 or 3-3. You'd have to be full on retarded to bench Dak if he is 5-1 at that point.
Did you forget who our HC and owner are?

Hell, our senile owner couldn't even get the right injury for the right player.

So I wouldn't put it last them even if we are 5-1 or 4-2. Completely idiotic but what would you expect from the team that has managed only 2 playoff wins in Romo's prime?

dallen

Senior Tech
The thing that impressed me most is that he stands in the pocket even though he is mobile. Sometimes young guys with mobility rely on it even when they don't have to. Also, on his TD throw he looked left to get the target off Dez, then back to him for the throw. Vet move there.
Not only that but he isn't stubbornly refusing to run when it is there either. Usually young mobile guys are one or the other. Dak seems to have a pretty good grasp on when to take off already.

dallen

Senior Tech
Request:

Photoshop Dak onto picture of Chad Hutchinson fapping on sideline
Does anyone still have that Chad Hutchinson pic? I tried a google image search but it isn't coming up. I feel like it should be more famous on the wider Internet. Maybe it was pre-Deadspin

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Does anyone still have that Chad Hutchinson pic? I tried a google image search but it isn't coming up. I feel like it should be more famous on the wider Internet. Maybe it was pre-Deadspin
I have it on my laptop at home. Will post later.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I used to save most of the pics from the site on an old jump drive as well.

It's about time to post them again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I used to save most of the pics from the site on an old jump drive as well.

It's about time to post them again.
If we do, please start a thread just for that. It would be nice to have them all in one place to reference for the funneh.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I blame Kellen Moore for breaking his ankle and causing this mess.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The big difference is Bledsoe got benched due to performance. It was obvious right away that Romo was way better.

We let Bledsoe play his way out of the job, and we'll let Romo do the same. At some point he probably will, but I don't think we're there yet.
I get that it is not the same, but we are not winning the Super Bowl with Dak or Romo...so do you develop the new guy or what?

Top Bottom