Wildcard Round Stuff

Stars

DCC 4Life
I think Stafford plays better. He's going to have his family and what not at the game and will be focused to show off for them.
He'll have his butt buddy Clayton Kershaw there probably too. We will have to watch 50 cutaways to him while Joe Buck breathes heavy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He'll have his butt buddy Clayton Kershaw there probably too. We will have to watch 50 cutaways to him while Joe Buck breathes heavy.
:lol .... :budd

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That would require him to stop staring at Aikman.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Random...

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys hope home success carries over
January, 3, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Home has not been so sweet for the Dallas Cowboys this season, but they are hoping a change in the schedule they used in their Dec. 21 meeting against the Indianapolis Colts at AT&T Stadium will have the same success when the Detroit Lions visit in Sunday’s wild card.

To better match the home schedule with their road schedule, where the Cowboys were the only undefeated road team, coach Jason Garrett will have the players report to their hotel, the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas, by 5 p.m. CT.

For road trips, the Cowboys typically arrive at the hotel by 5 p.m. in the opposing city.

“Just really as much as anything else we’ve recreated the feeling that we have in a road game,” Garrett said. “Typically we get to the hotel at 5:00, 5:15. Guys go up to the room, they hang out a little bit, and then they come down for dinner. Sometimes when you’re home you get a little late for whatever reason. So we just felt like it was better to have them over there, spend a little time together, watch the football that’s on and just kind of enjoy the camaraderie.”

The Cowboys beat the Colts 42-7 with the new schedule to finish 4-4 at AT&T Stadium for the season. They entered that game losing three straight home games.

Sunday’s game against the Lions will be the second playoff meeting AT&T Stadium has hosted. The Cowboys beat the Philadelphia Eagles 34-14 in the wild-card round of the 2009 playoffs.

Players have said the crowd noise against the Colts was as good as it had been all season, and at times the Cowboys have not had much of an edge at home with a high percentage of visiting fans. That should not be a problem Sunday.

“They were behind us, they supported us and we have to give our fans something to cheer about,” Garrett said. “Certainly a playoff atmosphere is something that can benefit the home team and we want to take full advantage of that. Ultimately what matters most is what we do on the field, play in and play out in all three phases of our team.”

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The love that the Panthers are getting right now is crazy. Yes they have won 4 games straight but look who they beat during that time. Not a single team with a record above .500. Hell they barely beat Tampa Bay.

The Panthers may be able to beat the Cardinals with Lindley starting but anyone who views that team as a sleeper is bat shit crazy in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member
Lions could use Golden Tate on punt returns

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 3, 2015, 10:44 AM EST

In Seattle last year, Golden Tate was both a starting wide receiver and the punt returner. When the Lions signed him this offseason, they decided to put all his attention on offense. But with the playoffs coming, Tate would like a shot at returning punts again.

Although Tate was careful to say he’s not trying to push Jeremy Ross out of his job returning punts, Tate did say that he’d love to get a chance to do it on Sunday against the Cowboys.

“I also pay close attention because you never know when Jeremy Ross breaks a shoelace or needs a breather for whatever the reason is or whatever,” he said, via Josh Katzenstein of the Detroit News. “I always want to be prepared, and like I’ve been saying, I want to help this team any way I can. In my mind, this is a must-win game and there’s nobody that wants to get back to the big show again [more] than I so I’m trying to help this team get there.”

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said it’s a possibility, although as always, he played things close to the vest.

“Everything is considered,” Caldwell said when asked of the possibility of Tate returning punts. “Everything is looked at seriously.”

Ross has averaged 8.9 yards per punt return this year. Tate averaged 11.5 yards per punt return for the Seahawks last year. Tate also has better hands than Ross, who has fumbled four times this year. The bottom line is that Tate is a better punt returner than Ross. If the Lions didn’t want Tate returning punts in the regular season because they wanted to save him for offense, that’s understandable. But in the playoffs, the best players need to be on the field. And that means that when the Cowboys are punting, Tate should be on the field and Ross should be on the sideline.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Cowboys hope home success carries over
January, 3, 2015

IRVING, Texas -- Home has not been so sweet for the Dallas Cowboys this season, but they are hoping a change in the schedule they used in their Dec. 21 meeting against the Indianapolis Colts at AT&T Stadium will have the same success when the Detroit Lions visit in Sunday’s wild card.

To better match the home schedule with their road schedule, where the Cowboys were the only undefeated road team, coach Jason Garrett will have the players report to their hotel, the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, Texas, by 5 p.m. CT.

For road trips, the Cowboys typically arrive at the hotel by 5 p.m. in the opposing city.

“Just really as much as anything else we’ve recreated the feeling that we have in a road game,” Garrett said. “Typically we get to the hotel at 5:00, 5:15. Guys go up to the room, they hang out a little bit, and then they come down for dinner. Sometimes when you’re home you get a little late for whatever reason. So we just felt like it was better to have them over there, spend a little time together, watch the football that’s on and just kind of enjoy the camaraderie.”

The Cowboys beat the Colts 42-7 with the new schedule to finish 4-4 at AT&T Stadium for the season. They entered that game losing three straight home games.

Sunday’s game against the Lions will be the second playoff meeting AT&T Stadium has hosted. The Cowboys beat the Philadelphia Eagles 34-14 in the wild-card round of the 2009 playoffs.

Players have said the crowd noise against the Colts was as good as it had been all season, and at times the Cowboys have not had much of an edge at home with a high percentage of visiting fans. That should not be a problem Sunday.

“They were behind us, they supported us and we have to give our fans something to cheer about,” Garrett said. “Certainly a playoff atmosphere is something that can benefit the home team and we want to take full advantage of that. Ultimately what matters most is what we do on the field, play in and play out in all three phases of our team.”
This is a good hotel experience. Pretty neat complex.

Cotton

Staff member
This is a good hotel experience. Pretty neat complex.
Yeah, I stayed at the Gaylord at a conference this last year. Very nice facility and experience.

data

Forbes #1
If you could pick just one of the following as the strongest correlation to victory tomorrow, which would it be:

Demarco over 100 rushing yards, Dez over 100 receiving yards or Romo with 0 INTs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you could pick just one of the following as the strongest correlation to victory tomorrow, which would it be:

Demarco over 100 rushing yards, Dez over 100 receiving yards or Romo with 0 INTs.
Romo with 0 INTs. That one is easy in my opinion. 0 INTs means Romo has a great day and if Romo has a great day we win this game. No question about it in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

dallen

Senior Tech
I mean, it is pretty much a given that his 30 for 30 is going to be called "A Boy Named Suh", right?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Demarco over 100. If this happens it's a catalyst for the rest of the team production to occur.

Cotton

Staff member

You need to get to starting a chatter thread. Not a gameday thread, just the wildcard weekend chatter thread.

Cotton

Staff member
Pondering the Cowboys' 46: Josh Brent's return
January, 3, 2015

IRVING, Texas -- As the Dallas Cowboys approach their first playoff game in five years with Sunday's wild-card meeting against the Detroit Lions, the health of the defensive line is of note.

Tyrone Crawford did not practice Friday because of an illness and is questionable. Nick Hayden took part in only a limited part of one practice. Josh Brent missed the final four games with a calf strain after missing the previous two seasons because of off-field issues. Henry Melton was placed on injured reserve this week because of a knee injury.

As we ponder the Cowboys' 46-man roster, the final spots will come down to the defensive line and linebacker. Despite the illness and injury, Crawford and Hayden should start. The final spot comes down to Brent and defensive end Kenneth Boatright. The edge goes to Brent because of the health of the other interior linemen.

At linebacker, Anthony Hitchens is questionable with an high right ankle sprain and did not practice during the week. Zack Martin missed a week of practice and played two weeks ago, but Hitchens' injury is different. Newcomer James Anderson or Dekoda Watson, who missed the final five games with a hamstring injury, could figure into the final linebacker role if Hitchens can't play.

Doug Free is listed as doubtful for the third straight week with an ankle injury, but he is likely to miss the game.

So the guess at the inactives is: quarterback Dustin Vaughan, Free, tackle Donald Hawkins, Boatright, Watson, linebacker Keith Smith and safety Jakar Hamilton.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Is it too soon to start the game thread ?

Top Bottom