NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Is Steph Curry the best player in the NBA right now?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is Steph Curry the best player in the NBA right now?
No question.

Nobody is harder to stop right now and no one else is affecting the outcome of games like he is right now.

IMO, he has surpassed Lebron as the best player in the game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Curry is the best in the league right now and while LeBron is still a top 3-5 player you can already see him starting to decline a bit. He's only 31 but he's been in the league 13 years and with the 5 Finals appearances in a row he's effectively played about 6-6.5 seasons in the last 5, so he has a whole lot of mileage on him.

I'm guessing he has 3 more years left as a top 10 player before he starts to fade, and I think he may have well fucked himself out of winning a title in that time with his ridiculous insistence on making Lue the HC.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lakers are ruining Russell...Byron Scott coaches like it is prehistoric times. Whoever coaches them next year will have to rebuild his confidence.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm beginning to wonder if Russell is not Turner 2.0

I think he a better and more willing passer but I don't know if he is athletic enough to be a great player.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Dwight Howard Trade Rumors

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-point-knicks-backcourt-article-1.2518414

Meanwhile, the Celtics have engaged the Houston Rockets in talks about a possible deal for Dwight Howard, the Daily News has learned. Howard can opt out of his contract this summer, and considering his back and knee issues, it doesn’t make much sense for Boston GM Danny Ainge to use the assets on a player with declining skills and a battered body.

Boston, which either owns or controls the Brooklyn Nets’ next three first-round picks, are positioned to make a major move either before the trade deadline or this summer around the draft. Another division rival, Toronto, owns the Knicks’ pick.
I am ready to move on at this point, he is still a good center but he just is not a great fit for this team, I beggining to understand that him being out most of last year was the reason this team played so well.

They just seem to play faster and harder when he is out.

I don't really see what I would want from Boston except a high #1 but that is a lot of Salary to trade and it would have to be exspiring.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bulls are just a complete mess from top to bottom and it goes way beyond the saga that has been Rose's career.

I've alluded to it in the past but the organization is rotten from top to bottom in terms of the relationship that Reinsdorf has with the front office, and in turn the relationship the front office has with the HC and the team. The main reason for it is that there is an overarching philosophy within the organization that "organizations" (see: the GM/front office executives) are what win championships, not players, and Reinsdorf is willing to have complete unwavering faith in his front office executives no matter how bad they fuck things up. This is the same organization that fostered a toxic relationship between then GM Jerry Krause and literally the GOAT player/arguable GOAT HC because of some horseshit ideal that "organizations" are what win titles and not players.

I can't even believe that type of arrogance and tone deafness exists.

Sure, the organization drafts reasonably well (Butler, Gibson and Mirotic at the end of the 1st, Noah at the back end of the top 10) but is that really that much better than above average league wide over a 10+ year period?

If they hadn't lucked into Rose this team would've been nothing but a 2nd round and out team for damn near 15 years, and yet they don't even consider making changes at the top?

And even with the fortune of having a guy like Rose, when did this team ever complete a moonshot to try to win it all? Their best shot was what, Pau Gasol? Come on.

They are never able, or seemingly never willing, to close the deal on top free agents or big trades. There is always some nebulous "future plan", the 2010 plan for LeBron that netted Boozer, the 2014 plan for Carmelo that netted Gasol and an extreme, almost pathological reluctance to trade "young assets" until they are lost for nothing (Deng, Asik, even going back to Ben Gordon).

The whole thing with Rose has been nothing but a crutch for the front office to "sit tight" so they can "see what they have", an excuse for them to not go outside of their comfort zone. Well, even if/when Rose is gone, I highly doubt much of anything changes. You'll still have a risk-averse front office that is more than happy to sit on draft picks while being a 45 win, 1st or 2nd round playoff team each year.

And I'm not even going to get into the complete ridiculousness that was the hiring of Fred Hoiberg, a guy who doesn't have any kind of actual NBA coaching ability and was only hired because he is boys with HOF idiot Gar Forman. Of course Forman is the reason that Ron Adams, one of the best assistants in the league, was fired because he got in a pissing match with Forman (of course the organization will always choose the front office executives over the coaches or players) over Forman not being a good evaluator of talent with regard to Forman wanting to take Marquis Teague over Draymond Green.

We see how that one turned out.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Bulls are just a complete mess from top to bottom and it goes way beyond the saga that has been Rose's career.

I've alluded to it in the past but the organization is rotten from top to bottom in terms of the relationship that Reinsdorf has with the front office, and in turn the relationship the front office has with the HC and the team. The main reason for it is that there is an overarching philosophy within the organization that "organizations" (see: the GM/front office executives) are what win championships, not players, and Reinsdorf is willing to have complete unwavering faith in his front office executives no matter how bad they fuck things up. This is the same organization that fostered a toxic relationship between then GM Jerry Krause and literally the GOAT player/arguable GOAT HC because of some horseshit ideal that "organizations" are what win titles and not players.

I can't even believe that type of arrogance and tone deafness exists.

Sure, the organization drafts reasonably well (Butler, Gibson and Mirotic at the end of the 1st, Noah at the back end of the top 10) but is that really that much better than above average league wide over a 10+ year period?

If they hadn't lucked into Rose this team would've been nothing but a 2nd round and out team for damn near 15 years, and yet they don't even consider making changes at the top?

And even with the fortune of having a guy like Rose, when did this team ever complete a moonshot to try to win it all? Their best shot was what, Pau Gasol? Come on.

They are never able, or seemingly never willing, to close the deal on top free agents or big trades. There is always some nebulous "future plan", the 2010 plan for LeBron that netted Boozer, the 2014 plan for Carmelo that netted Gasol and an extreme, almost pathological reluctance to trade "young assets" until they are lost for nothing (Deng, Asik, even going back to Ben Gordon).

The whole thing with Rose has been nothing but a crutch for the front office to "sit tight" so they can "see what they have", an excuse for them to not go outside of their comfort zone. Well, even if/when Rose is gone, I highly doubt much of anything changes. You'll still have a risk-averse front office that is more than happy to sit on draft picks while being a 45 win, 1st or 2nd round playoff team each year.

And I'm not even going to get into the complete ridiculousness that was the hiring of Fred Hoiberg, a guy who doesn't have any kind of actual NBA coaching ability and was only hired because he is boys with HOF idiot Gar Forman. Of course Forman is the reason that Ron Adams, one of the best assistants in the league, was fired because he got in a pissing match with Forman (of course the organization will always choose the front office executives over the coaches or players) over Forman not being a good evaluator of talent with regard to Forman wanting to take Marquis Teague over Draymond Green.

We see how that one turned out.
Wow, where did that come from.

I thought I was the the one having the most dissapointing season.:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wow, where did that come from.

I thought I was the the one having the most dissapointing season.:lol
I didn't expect going to the Finals or anything but it's frustrating watching them play so well against the top teams (2 wins vs. Cleveland, 2 vs. OKC, etc.) yet they just lay down and play with no energy or focus against mediocre to bad teams. It's also comical to watch the assistant coaches, particularly the dude from San Antonio, draw up plays and yell out instruction while Hoiberg basically stands there like a jackass.

It's not necessarily just this season, it's the consistent way that the team has been operated for a long time now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Cavs are playing much better under Lue. It was screwed up from the get go...at no point was he supposed to coach Lebron and Love...he was there to coach Irving and Wiggins.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Last night OKC did enough to give me hope that they can at least give the Warriors a competitive series in the playoffs.

Golden St. vs. OKC round 2 is at the end of the month with that one being played in OKC. The Thunder should have their best perimeter defender back in the line up as well. Roberson's defense should help limit the amount of times the Warrior guards break down our defense.

As an aside, I don't think San Antonio can match up with Golden St. I think they lack the athleticism to keep up with Golden State.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Last night OKC did enough to give me hope that they can at least give the Warriors a competitive series in the playoffs.

Golden St. vs. OKC round 2 is at the end of the month with that one being played in OKC. The Thunder should have their best perimeter defender back in the line up as well. Roberson's defense should help limit the amount of times the Warrior guards break down our defense.

As an aside, I don't think San Antonio can match up with Golden St. I think they lack the athleticism to keep up with Golden State.
SA has some top perimeter defenders. I know they got beat down in Oakland but the Spurs are still undefeated at home. I'd like to see them have another shot at G State.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
SA has some top perimeter defenders. I know they got beat down in Oakland but the Spurs are still undefeated at home. I'd like to see them have another shot at G State.
All I know is Curry flat out roasted Kawhi Leonard who is supposed to be the premiere lock down defender in the league.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That clown had no business ever being handed a HC position.

Top Bottom