TV Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
AMC is adapting Joe Hill’s NOS4A2 for TV
By William Hughes
Dec 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Having apparently realized that this whole “horror television” thing is pretty damn good business, AMC has announced that it’s starting development on NOS4A2, an adaptation of Joe Hill’s novel about supernatural powers and the terrible prices they exact. The book—a delightfully nasty story about a troubled young woman leveraging her psychic gifts to put down a super-powered predator after he kidnaps her son—is Hill’s third novel, published in 2013.

Hill has been getting more and more involved with the TV and movie side of the entertainment industry in recent years; the film version of his novel Horns served as one of Daniel Radcliffe’s escape attempts from the living hell of being Harry Potter for the rest of his life, and his comic series Locke & Key is constantly threatening to finally get made. He also worked on a pilot earlier this year for a Tales From The Darkside remake on The CW, although he’s yet to have the truly terrible movie or TV adaptation that will finally allow him to fully bond with his father, novelist Stephen King, the mind behind such masterpieces as Maximum Overdrive and Dreamcatcher.
I'm reading this right now. I'm so quick that when I was reading it I thought to myself, "Man, this Joe Hill guy writes like the heir to Stephen King." I looked up his picture and was thought "Man, he even looks like a young Stephen King."

Turns out, he is Stephen King's son.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Took 8 episodes for Jessica Jones to get interesting. Too slow for this genre. Bleh.

D

Deuce

Fargo finale

Not the greatest, but decent end to a great season. Almost like a GOT season where the action part of the finale is in the 2nd to last episode. Anyways, :lol @ Milligan getting a desk job out of it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Fargo finale

Not the greatest, but decent end to a great season. Almost like a GOT season where the action part of the finale is in the 2nd to last episode. Anyways, :lol @ Milligan getting a desk job out of it.
Didn't love the last episode. Kinda lame. Not terrible but a bit disappointing. The second to last episode was awesome in that it was so loaded with action, but it got a little too cute, IMO.

All in all it was an outstanding season though. I am going to go back and watch season 1 now. Looking forward to it.

D

Deuce

Didn't love the last episode. Kinda lame. Not terrible but a bit disappointing. The second to last episode was awesome in that it was so loaded with action, but it got a little too cute, IMO.

All in all it was an outstanding season though. I am going to go back and watch season 1 now. Looking forward to it.
If you haven't see season 1, this finale kindof didn't have the same luster, IMO. All those images the mom had about her daughters life in the future were actual scenes from season 1.

But, the ending to season 1 was much better. I don't remember if it were the finale, but one specific gun fight was awesome and the ending for specific characters was great.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
If you haven't see season 1, this finale kindof didn't have the same luster, IMO. All those images the mom had about her daughters life in the future were actual scenes from season 1.

But, the ending to season 1 was much better. I don't remember if it were the finale, but one specific gun fight was awesome and the ending for specific characters was great.
I'll probably start season 1 within the next couple of days, assuming it is available on Netflix streaming.

As far as season 2 goes, WTF was the deal with the UFO? It literally ended up having no relevance at all as far as I can tell. I kept waiting for them to tie it in somehow but they never really did. It just seemed kind of forced to try and add some "weirdness" or something. Maybe they were going for a "Observers from another planet witnessing the extremely violent nature of mankind" or something but in the end they probably should have just left it out. Added nothing whatsoever to the story.

D

Deuce

Here's a cool parallel I read about the Fargo seasons that may tie them together...

As for the actual Hanzee, he escapes, and meets a stranger from… Okay, I’m not actually sure. Did Kansas City pay Hanzee to destroy the Gerhardts from within? Or is it some other organization that used him? Kansas City makes more sense, even if Hanzee does explicitly threaten them. But either way, the important point is that he gets a new name—Moses Tripoli—and the promise of a completely new face. He theorizes he might start his own crime family, and, well, here’s where we do some speculation again. Hanzee is wearing a sailor’s peacot and a black wool hat, which makes him look more than a little like Lorne Malvo. But the name “Tripoli” has a different connection to season one; it’s the name of the head of the Fargo mob who just happened to have a deaf hitman and his interpreter in his employ. And hey, when Hanzee gets the package with his new identity in it, he’s watching two boys, one of whom is deaf, play catch. A couple of bullies show up, and Hanzee wades in with his knife. “Kill and be killed,” as his motto goes.

So is that a connection? Is that another twisted line that connections season two to season one? And does it matter? It’s a sly joke if it is, to have Hanzee, the relentless assassin, transform himself into some easily murdered old white dude; we want him to be Lorne Malvo, because as implausible that is, it would be more exciting. It would let us believe in the infallibility of the perfect killer. Instead, he’s doomed to be a bit player in another story, and no one will know what he was before then.

D

Deuce

Lex Luthor? I am confused.
No, Luther. Idris Elba BBC show that went for 3 great seasons. About 2 years after he last episode, they are bringing it back for another season and it's just as great as before.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No, Luther. Idris Elba BBC show that went for 3 great seasons. About 2 years after he last episode, they are bringing it back for another season and it's just as great as before.
Oh. BBC crap. ~flush~

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'll probably start season 1 within the next couple of days, assuming it is available on Netflix streaming.

As far as season 2 goes, WTF was the deal with the UFO? It literally ended up having no relevance at all as far as I can tell. I kept waiting for them to tie it in somehow but they never really did. It just seemed kind of forced to try and add some "weirdness" or something. Maybe they were going for a "Observers from another planet witnessing the extremely violent nature of mankind" or something but in the end they probably should have just left it out. Added nothing whatsoever to the story.
I'm guessing since the story started with Rye getting hit by the car since he was looking at a UFO they felt they had to put it in the ending too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Black Mirror has the first season 3 episode on Netflix now. "White Christmas" with Jon Hamm...it was very good.

Top Bottom