QB Controversy Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's not pads practice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know better than this. Romo isn't ready yet and the back up position is a team risk until he is.
As soon as his "core strength" is up to par he absolutely will be ready to be a backup. Hell the guy is already running the scout team in practice.

If you're asking me today if he is ready to be a backup I'd say no. I think he will be soon but right now I think if he took a hit he'd be more likely to get hurt because he hasn't gotten himself in football shape yet. Which will take a couple more weeks by the sounds of it. Maybe I'm just confused by what you're saying.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As soon as his "core strength" is up to par he absolutely will be ready to be a backup. Hell the guy is already running the scout team in practice.

If you're asking me today if he is ready to be a backup I'd say no. I think he will be soon but right now I think if he took a hit he'd be more likely to get hurt because he hasn't gotten himself in football shape yet. Which will take a couple more weeks by the sounds of it. Maybe I'm just confused by what you're saying.
That's what I am saying. He isn't game ready yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I am saying. He isn't game ready yet.
It's sort of interesting because physically his body is healthy enough to make the throws and everything like that. The bone is all healed up. But there is a certain amount of strength, conditioning and flexibility that the team needs to build up to reduce the chances of him getting hurt again when taking a hit. Those are what I believe they are working on. Once that is done, we would have to be idiots to at least make him our active day backup QB. I mean he would instantly be the best backup QB in the NFL.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's sort of interesting because physically his body is healthy enough to make the throws and everything like that. The bone is all healed up. But there is a certain amount of strength, conditioning and flexibility that the team needs to build up to reduce the chances of him getting hurt again when taking a hit. Those are what I believe they are working on. Once that is done, we would have to be idiots to at least make him our active day backup QB. I mean he would instantly be the best backup QB in the NFL.
Exactly.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You rather go with Sanchez.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If Dak gets injured and Sanchez becomes the starter there goes the season. So then it's pull showers in the save the day for Sanchez. Meanwhile leave Romo on the bench even though is ready to play. It defies my logic but maybe someone can explain why this would be a good plan. Notwithstanding why you would piss away a great season start.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Dak gets injured and Sanchez becomes the starter there goes the season. So then it's pull showers in the save the day for Sanchez. Meanwhile leave Romo on the bench even though is ready to play. It defies my logic but maybe someone can explain why this would be a good plan. Notwithstanding why you would piss away a great season start.
I'd actually bet we play Romo against the Steelers if Dak got hurt. There is actually no question in my mind that we would. Now that may obviously include some sort of an increased risk to Romo getting hurt but I'm confident in saying we would do that. Which means the only way Sanchez starts a game in Dallas is if Dak and Romo get hurt (again).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd actually bet we play Romo against the Steelers if Dak got hurt. There is actually no question in my mind that we would. Now that may obviously include some sort of an increased risk to Romo getting hurt but I'm confident in saying we would do that. Which means the only way Sanchez starts a game in Dallas is if Dak and Romo get hurt (again).
But this wouldn't be your plan. Right? You wouldn't want for Romo to be the backup. That's what I seem to get from your comments.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But this wouldn't be your plan. Right? You wouldn't want for Romo to be the backup. That's what I seem to get from your comments.
You're not understanding me then. I absolutely want Romo to be our backup QB this season. It's why I said he would be the best backup QB in the NFL. He is everything that you want in a backup QB and more. Wonderful team player as well who has shown nothing but a desire to help Dak succeed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What?

Who has advocated for anything like this?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You're not understanding me then. I absolutely want Romo to be our backup QB this season. It's why I said he would be the best backup QB in the NFL. He is everything that you want in a backup QB and more. Wonderful team player as well who has shown nothing but a desire to help Dak succeed.
I guess this is what is throwing me.

"Once that is done, we would have to be idiots to at least make him our active day backup QB. I mean he would instantly be the best backup QB in the NFL."

I apparently am not understanding this phrase.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess this is what is throwing me.

"Once that is done, we would have to be idiots to at least make him our active day backup QB. I mean he would instantly be the best backup QB in the NFL."

I apparently am not understanding this phrase.
Yeah that was just a typo. Should say, "once that is done, we would have to be idiots to not at least make him our active day backup QB."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah that was just a typo. Should say, "once that is done, we would have to be idiots to not at least make him our active day backup QB."
Well that makes sense to me. I couldn't digest the way it was originally posted.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
We are the only NFL team with a backup QB who is an elite level NFL level QB. I'd hardly say we are "in trouble." I'd actually say we have the best backup QB situation in the NFL.
Its actually a dream come true. There aren't many teams who could get to the playoffs, have their starting QB shit the bed, and replace him with someone like Romo.

The key to making that work though is Romo is going to have to get some kind of reps in a real game to get himself ready. the mind and knowledge will be there, but the game speed won't.

And let this sink in for a moment...the Cowboys are 4 wins away from possibly locking down a playoff spot. 10-6 most likely gets us in. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Its actually a dream come true. There aren't many teams who could get to the playoffs, have their starting QB shit the bed, and replace him with someone like Romo.

The key to making that work though is Romo is going to have to get some kind of reps in a real game to get himself ready. the mind and knowledge will be there, but the game speed won't.

And let this sink in for a moment...the Cowboys are 4 wins away from possibly locking down a playoff spot. 10-6 most likely gets us in. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
That's what I advocated from the onset and I was given a hard time over it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Top Bottom