QB Controversy Thread...

Jiggyfly

Banned
About the coaching. I have to say this is the level of coaching we've been waiting for, for a long time. I'm starting to wonder how much Romo's on the field leadership affected Garrett and Linehan's ability to gameplan. Or maybe things have just clicked for Garrett after a decade of getting to learn on the job.
I have been wondering about the 2 many cooks theory as well when concerning the game planning.

There is a defined difference in what you see this year.

But I also wonder how much is Dak just running the offense that is called a trusting the read receiver to do his job.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I really liked the play-calling in 2010 with Kitna after Romo got hurt, so maybe it's more a function of QB's rolling with what the plays they're given as opposed to Romo who is constantly ad-libbing.
Time stamped.:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I really liked the play-calling in 2010 with Kitna after Romo got hurt, so maybe it's more a function of QB's rolling with what the plays they're given as opposed to Romo who is constantly ad-libbing.
It's simple.

Garrett calls deeper plays with Romo in the game. Garrett's offense when run properly is risky. Romo made this very comment, that the offense features deeper targets, in 2007 after switching from Parcells' system under Palmer and Sparano.

data

Forbes #1
Worst-case scenario

Romo returns as starter after 7-1 start. Romo sucks for a game, gets IR injury in second game. Dak returns and sucks. 7-9. Site maintenance.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Worst-case scenario

Romo returns as starter after 7-1 start. Romo sucks for a game, gets IR injury in second game. Dak returns and sucks. 7-9. Site maintenance.
:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

hstour

Brand New Member
You can't believe anything Rap Punk tweets. Still waiting on the Walmart Dez video that he claims to have watched that was "more damning than the Ray Rice video"....

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You can't believe anything Rap Punk tweets. Still waiting on the Walmart Dez video that he claims to have watched that was "more damning than the Ray Rice video"....
Jerry said basically the same thing this week on one of his radio spots, probably where he got it from

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

D

Deuce

Dont worry. Romo will be having an MRI this week and I'm sure some minor setback will appear to save him some embarrassment.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Dont worry. Romo will be having an MRI this week and I'm sure some minor setback will appear to save him some embarrassment.
yep. they're gonna say he's still working on his conditioning/getting his football legs under him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So this entire time I've sort of been saying Dak should remain the starter "if" he can go 5-1 or possibly 4-2. Well here we are, we are 5-1 and Dak has played great the entire time. It's not longer a hypothetical. Dallas is in position to do some serious damage including the playoffs. No way in hell do I mess with that chemistry right now. This is Dak's job to lose at this point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The real missing part of the argument is simple.

This team is becoming a team.

Every damn guy is selling out to make plays.

They are not standing around waiting for Romo to bail them out of mistakes.

That shift in mindset is what worries me about giving him the job back.

They see Prescott performing well within the system and nobody is compelled to feel they have to compensate.

They just do their job.

The whole team is loose and that is how you really want it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
So this entire time I've sort of been saying Dak should remain the starter "if" he can go 5-1 or possibly 4-2. Well here we are, we are 5-1 and Dak has played great the entire time. It's not longer a hypothetical. Dallas is in position to do some serious damage including the playoffs. No way in hell do I mess with that chemistry right now. This is Dak's job to lose at this point.

Yeah, Jones risks being labeled more of an idiot than he already is if he sticks Romo back in there.

Dak went into Lambeau Field, easily the most difficult place to try and win historically for the Cowboys, and dominated.

After todays win practically every media head, every coach, and every former QB has said Romo needs to just sit and be supportive. Dak has earned the right to lead this football team.

Top Bottom