2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can't decide if rooting for a team owned by Jerry Jones is some sort of penance or has sealed my fate.
I like to view it as penance. Means hell won't be quite so hot.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I gotta say.... I could be talked into trading a pick for a good linebacker or something on defense. Someone with some term. Don't want a player who walks as a free agent after the season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's amazing to have a quote like this but to have an owner, and certain players, who are so hellbent on blowing it all up so that Romo can be handed the starting spot again.
Romo phobia now? He is the same player he was before his injury. Why the fear he will blow everything up?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Romo phobia now? He is the same player he was before his injury. Why the fear he will blow everything up?
Yeah, it's like we are returning to Quincy Carter instead of the most prolific passer in team history. But stats don't mean everything??? Then he was 12-4 and 3-1 in his last two seasons.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Morris Claiborne played like the #6 pick yesterday. So far having a great season.

It's time to pay the man.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
3-1 in his last two seasons.
Um Romo's offense led us to 6 points in that Eagles game, are we really giving him that win? Weeden led the offense to more points then that.

Lets not be deceptive here. Romo had one great game against the Giants last year. And then had a god awful game against the Panthers. Sandwhiched in the middle were two pretty mediocre performances against the Eagles and Dolphins.

You know what I love most about Dak? It's his consistency, Romo is like a rollercoaster. The highs are amazing and the lows are miserable. That isn't Dak though, instead it's just consistent and steady great play.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Um Romo's offense led us to 6 points in that Eagles game, are we really giving him that win?
They were winning when he left the game and they then won the game. So yes.

Lets not be deceptive here.
Agreed. You first.

Romo had one great game against the Giants last year. And then had a god awful game against the Panthers. Sandwhiched in the middle were two pretty mediocre performances against the Eagles and Dolphins.
I thought we were gonna stop being deceptive?

Minus a couple interceptions (the game was in the rain after all), Romo's stats were basically equivalent to what Prescott is doing every week. 18-24 for 224 yards and 2 TDs. Romo does it and it's "mediocre." Dak does it and it's amazing. Deceptive much? He moved the ball through the air with just as much efficiency. The difference? Prescott has a running game. 2015 Romo did not.

He had one shitty game against the hottest defense in the NFC which ended up going to the Super bowl. That doesn't earn a benching.

You know what I love most about Dak? It's his consistency, Romo is like a rollercoaster. The highs are amazing and the lows are miserable. That isn't Dak though, instead it's just consistent and steady great play.
Romo has lower lows for sure but he has much more frequent higher highs. That's why I'm going with him and that's why the organization will be going back to him too until he proves otherwise incapable.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Morris Claiborne played like the #6 pick yesterday. So far having a great season.

It's time to pay the man.
Still don't entirely trust him. Would like him to give us a break since he waited four years to start paying off.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Gotta give credit where it's due:

Demarco Murray would be the league's leading rusher right now but for Elliott.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Gotta give credit where it's due:

Demarco Murray would be the league's leading rusher right now but for Elliott.
Murray has been great and it doesn't surprise me one bit.

All that talk about his being done was foolish, as was the premature tlak of him being worn down after one heavy load year in Dallas.

For his career, the guy didn't have much wear and tear so I never bought that whole "He's going to decline this year" talk. And his performance in Philly was more due to a terrible use of his ability in a system he wasn't built for than any decline.

It worked out ok for us in the end because now we have a young star rookie RB, but I always liked Murray and I'm glad to see him playing well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Minus a couple interceptions (the game was in the rain after all), Romo's stats were basically equivalent to what Prescott is doing every week. 18-24 for 224 yards and 2 TDs. Romo does it and it's "mediocre." Dak does it and it's amazing. Deceptive much? He moved the ball through the air with just as much efficiency. The difference? Prescott has a running game. 2015 Romo did not.

He had one shitty game against the hottest defense in the NFC which ended up going to the Super bowl. That doesn't earn a benching.
Dak Prescott's QB rating this year 101.5.

Tony Romo's QB rating in 2015? 79.4.

I know that you just hate being wrong, but what Romo did in 2015 was absolutely nothing close to what Dak is doing now. That may be one of the dumbest arguments you have ever made. Hell in the two games your claiming he was "just like Dak" Romo posted a QB rating of 87 and 83. Both worse than any game Dak has played in since the first start of his rookie year (Especially since QB rating doesn't take into account rushing TDs, which Dak has multiple). I've been very fair about Romo and I've always loved the guy. You're off the deep end talking about him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom