The Great Police Work Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And let me get this straight, you think asking somebody to get back in a vehicle which could possibly contain a weapon is containing them?

And you are accusing me of making no sense.:lol
Of course it is. You keep showing how little you know about this kind of thing. Back in the vehicle, weapon or not, puts the cop at an advantage. They can watch them at a vantage point that helps them, especially if they have no backup already there to help.

Cotton

Staff member
fortsbest said:
I bet she expects respect from the kids she teaches. but then again, maybe not.
This is a really good point. As a teacher wouldn't she expect her students to do as she says because she has the authority to tell them to do so? Would she not be irritated if her students asked why? I would assume she would be. And, nobody come at me with any bullshit about "well, she wouldn't put her hands on them". She isn't a cop and isn't faced with the same inherent dangers of the job.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you doubt the traffic stop thing, youtube cop shot on traffic stop. I'm not posting them here you go find them.

And Jiggs, I said he over reacted, but of course you will not allow one iota of her being at fault in this. Go figure.
BTW if any of you were watching the broadacast when his son was giving a speech Wednesday night, I was temporarily drafted to help the Secret Service protection team kinda. This is what you may have seen. Cool huh? I'm the one that is lower on the photo.

View attachment 391
Yes that is extra cool.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I'll say it once more in case you weren't reading without your BLM tinged goggles. THere was no excuse for the way he behaved and he will face repercussions from his department I would bet on it.
Don't give me this black lives matter crap. I never once implied this was a race issue. This is an issue of officers feeling like they have the right to beat the crap out of anyone who pisses them off. And regardless of who started it, when officers behave this way it creates tensions that are likely to push people to behave badly towards officers. Which starts the cycle of beating again.

I'm well aware of officers in my area who repeatedly do this stuff and never face consequences. But maybe this guy will get a legit unpaid suspension or something at least. Even though he should face assault charges.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
first off, it wasn't directed at you. You can have a civil discussion and at least are able to grasp there are two sides to a discussion that may have valid points. :buddy

And I agree there are officers that get away with stuff for years before they are ever actually properly dealt with. Happens in any line of work including police work. :buddy

But my comment was in regards to this officer specifically and from what I know about Chief Acevedo. He is definitely an officer's Chief who you would love to work for...As long as you do your job properly and don't do stupid stuff. And again for the umpteenth time this officer was just dumb.
Do I have to repeat my opinion on this incident again for anyone else who hasn't read what I wrote.

And I'll say for the last time...The female teacher bears responsibility for what happened as well by her behavior that led up to it. No she didn't deserve the treatment she received, but her behavior was inappropriate. I know this is no defense for what the cop did and won't help in a civil suit, which I'm sure will be coming. But we as people in a civil society need to start understanding something. While this is a free society, everyone has someone they are required to take direction from. We as a society create laws which all civil society (Unless you name is Clinton) are supposed to abide by in order to maintain that society. The police are the ones hired to enforce those laws and the prayer is (and 99.9% do) enforce them without prejudice or malice. If you as a member of society have occasion to come in contact with police because of your transgression against the rules of society, understand he/she has a job to do and would rather not be dealing with you under those circumstances. Be polite, civil and follow direction and in 99.9% of encounters it will be a pleasant situation (even if you get cited or arrested) and no one gets hurt and everyone goes home.
Look at nearly every encounter where things go sideways and tell me how the encounter starts.
Last time for Jiggs, This in no way excuses the officer in this incident, but my philosophy in dealing with people has always been "treat them as nicely as they let you and then do what you have to to make sure everyone is safe and the situation secure for all." It's simple just as many things in life are. I'm done on this one fellas. Those that get it will, those that don't......

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, she questioned the officer far too many times and lacked respect for his authority.

He reacted like a jackass, but she isn't totally innocent there.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Black GOP Senator Talks About Being Pulled Over By Police 7 Times In One Year
“This is a situation that happens all across the country,” Sen. Tim Scott said, “whether we want to recognize it or not.”
07/13/2016 07:20 pm 19:20:14 | Updated Jul 15, 2016
Laura Barron-Lopez
Congressional Reporter, The Huffington Post

GARY CAMERON / REUTERS
Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) shakes hands with Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) at a news conference on criminal justice reform, Oct. 1, 2015.
WASHINGTON ― In the course of one year as an elected official, Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) was pulled over seven times by law enforcement. Another time, a Capitol Police officer demanded that Scott show him his ID because the special pin on Scott’s suit jacket ― a pin assigned to United States senators ― evidently wasn’t enough.

Scott shared these stories and more Wednesday evening during a roughly 18-minute speech on the Senate floor. He is the only black senator in the Republican conference, and one of just two in the upper chamber.

His speech on Wednesday was the second in a series of three in response to a lone gunman killing five police officers in Dallas last week, as well as the police shootings of Alton Sterling, who was killed outside a convenience store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Philando Castile, who was shot during a traffic stop in Minnesota. Scott delivered his first speech on Tuesday and plans to deliver the final one Thursday.

“This speech is perhaps the most difficult, because it’s the most personal,” Scott said during his Wednesday remarks.

X

Scott’s address on Wednesday came after four other senators urged their colleagues to take a vote on criminal justice reform ― something many lawmakers say is badly needed.

“There is a deep divide between the black community and law enforcement ― a trust gap,” Scott said. “We cannot ignore these issues. Because while so many officers do good ― and we should be very thankful in support of all those officers that do good ― some simply do not. I’ve experienced it myself.”

Scott said he chose to talk about his encounters with police, experiences that left him feeling humiliated and “very scared,” because he’s heard people trying to paint Castile and Walter Scott ― a black man who was killed by a police officer in South Carolina last year while running away ― as criminals.

“OK, then,” Scott said. “I will share with you some of my own experiences.”

He continued:
I shuddered when I heard Eric Garner say “I cannot breathe.” I wept when I watched Walter Scott turn and run away and get shot and killed. And I broke when I heard the 4-year-old daughter of Philando Castile’s girlfriend tell her mother, “It’s OK, I’m right here with you”...

In the course of one year, I’ve been stopped seven times by law enforcement officers. Not four, not five, not six, but seven times in one year as an elected official. Was I speeding sometimes? Sure. But the vast majority of the times, I was pulled over for nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood, or some other reason just as trivial...

It’s easy to identify a U.S. senator by our pin. I recall walking into an office building just last year after being here for five years on the Capitol, and the officer looked at me, with a little attitude, and said: “The pin, I know. You, I don’t. Show me your ID.” I’ll tell you, I was thinking to myself, “Either he thinks I’m committing a crime, impersonating a member of Congress” ― or, or what? Well, I’ll tell you that later that evening I received a phone call from his supervisor apologizing for the behavior. Mr. President, that is at least the third phone call that I’ve received from a supervisor or the chief of police since I’ve been in the Senate.
Scott is hardly alone. When The Huffington Post asked several black congressmen about their experiences with racism after the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin, they had remarkably similar stories to tell.

Scott went on to tell another story of when he was invited to an event with two of his staffers and two officers. “All four were white, and me,” he said.

When they arrived, the organizers didn’t want to let Scott in, but they allowed everyone else. The officers refused to go in without him.

“This is a situation that happens all across the country, whether we want to recognize it or not,” Scott said. “It may not happen 1,000 times a day, but it happens too many times a day.”

Scott ended his speech by calling on his colleagues to “recognize that just because you do not feel the pain, the anguish, of another does not mean it does not exist.”

Ignoring it, he said, will only leave people “blind,” and the nation “very vulnerable.”
As Scott began to walk off the floor, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), who was scheduled to speak next on a different topic, took a moment to praise the South Carolina senator for his “frank discussion.”

“We don’t have enough diversity here,” Boxer said. “Let me just be clear: As much as all of us want to walk in each other’s shoes, because each of us has different experiences in our lives, it really matters who’s in the room, who’s at the microphone and who’s sharing the truth. And you have shared a truth with us today.”

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned

:towel
That is great news.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, because a cop accidentally shooting himself is hilarious.

Cotton

Staff member
It absolutely is when he is a pussy trying to kill a dog. I would wish he had shot his dick off, but I'm guessing he is dickless anyway.
So, a cop doesn't get to protect himself from a dog coming after him? Dogs kills people. But, you're right, what a pussy.

Cotton

Staff member
:rofl

Mailmen deal with dogs EVERY DAY, and don't kill any that I've ever heard of.
Like a dog hanging out in the front yard is the same as one you have to face in their own fenced in territory.

Cotton

Staff member
You obviously don't understand dogs and how they are much more inherent to attack if they feel someone is in their domain versus not.

Top Bottom