NBA Chatter Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
Glad to see Chandler Parsons earning that contract. I didn't realize he was also lead recruiter

Jiggyfly

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔@WojYahooNBA
Patrick Beverley has agreed to a four-year, $25M deal to return to Houston, agent Kevin Bradbury tells Yahoo Sports.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Free agent Corey Brewer has agreed to a three-year, $24 million deal to return to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
5:04 PM - 3 Jul 2015

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Getting the band back together

Jiggyfly

Banned
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 33s34 seconds ago
Rajon Rondo to sign one-year, $10 million deal with Kings, source told Yahoo

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bryan Gutierrez @BallinWithBryan
Cuban said he can see Chandler Parsons playing point guard more this season. Defensive guards can guard the point guards. Big lineups.

‏@espn_macmahon
Mark Cuban on The Ticket says he thinks DeAndre Jordan can be a dominant post-up threat. Mentioned to DJ he got only .8 post-ups/game in LA.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Next season's top 4 in no particular order.

Warriors
Spurs
Thunder
Cavs

-----------------------

Here are the updated odds

Cavaliers 9-4
Spurs 4-1
Warriors 5-1
Thunder 5-1
Bulls 15-1
Rockets 20-1

Smitty

DCC 4Life
With Aldridge on the Spurs I'd like to know why they aren't the front runners.

1bigfan13

Staff member
With Aldridge on the Spurs I'd like to know why they aren't the front runners.
The LeBron factor with a healthy Love and Kyrie.

Also the Spurs backcourt isn't that strong. Tony Parker isn't the player he used to be.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sources: Dallas engaging Lakers on sign-and-trade options for free agent Jeremy Lin. Mavs low on space to sign him to market-level deal.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am not sold on San Antonio being a much better team than last year.

They are weaker at C after losing Splitter and Baynes and there is no way Duncan can play C 30 minutes a night at his age, and who plays there on his nights off?

Aldridge has consistently stated he does not want to play C and even when him and Duncan play together that's not a great defensive big tandem.

Also Parker and Ginobili are in big decline.

I see a top 4 team in the west but can see them not getting passed the 2nd round either.

I see Cleve, G.S. Memphis as top 3 and at least 4 teams fighting for that 4 spot.

I see Portland, Clippers taking a step back.

shane

DCC 4Life
Duncan and Diaw will be more than enough at the C position. The Spurs are the clear favorite to win it all this year.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I am not sold on San Antonio being a much better team than last year.

They are weaker at C after losing Splitter and Baynes and there is no way Duncan can play C 30 minutes a night at his age, and who plays there on his nights off?

Aldridge has consistently stated he does not want to play C and even when him and Duncan play together that's not a great defensive big tandem.

Also Parker and Ginobili are in big decline.

I see a top 4 team in the west but can see them not getting passed the 2nd round either.

I see Cleve, G.S. Memphis as top 3 and at least 4 teams fighting for that 4 spot.

I see Portland, Clippers taking a step back.
Shit....I didn't even realize that Splitter and Bayne were gone. I missed those moves.

Personally I wouldn't put them ahead of OKC or GS either. As I mentioned, the Spurs backcourt is suspect and as you mentioned, Duncan can't be counted on to be a force night in and night out.

A) Kawhi - Parker - Aldridge - Duncan

B) Curry - Thompson - Iguodala - Green

C) Durant - Ibaka - Westbrook - Kanters

Which Big 4 would you choose?

I may be biased but I'd rank them C, B, A.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, [MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] you see Memphis as a top 3? No way.

I think they're #4 in the West at best. They're a team that I see taking a step back.

They're just getting older and slower. They are pretty much stuck in mud. Pencil them in for their annual 1st or 2nd round playoff exit. They don't have an elite player that can elevate them past the other top contenders in the West which is why they continually come up short.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sources: Dallas engaging Lakers on sign-and-trade options for free agent Jeremy Lin. Mavs low on space to sign him to market-level deal.
Why the hell would we want Lin?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Shit....I didn't even realize that Splitter and Bayne were gone. I missed those moves.

Personally I wouldn't put them ahead of OKC or GS either. As I mentioned, the Spurs backcourt is suspect and as you mentioned, Duncan can't be counted on to be a force night in and night out.

A) Kawhi - Parker - Aldridge - Duncan

B) Curry - Thompson - Iguodala - Green

C) Durant - Ibaka - Westbrook - Kanters

Which Big 4 would you choose?

I may be biased but I'd rank them C, B, A.
There's too many question marks there to give any kind of credible ranking, like how healthy will Durant be? How will OKC's chemistry be/will Westbrook go rogue in critical moments? How much does Duncan have left? Will the Warriors have the same chemistry that allowed them to play a bit above their head?

The fact of the matter is that the Spurs were 1 game out of being the 2nd seed in the West, and they lost an epic 7 game series against a team that was 1 game away from the WCF. There was very little separating the Spurs from being in the WCF last year, and in a matchup that I like for them against the Warriors at that, and now they've added a legit All-Star, top 20 type of player who fits what they do with his ability to space the floor, pass and score in the post.

They, along with the Warriors, are the favorites in the West, anybody who says otherwise has something against them. I also wouldn't say that Memphis is top 3 necessarily but they aren't far from it, they were the Warriors toughest series outside of Cleveland despite Conley and Allen being hobbled.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't have anything against the Spurs but I still wouldn't rank them above OKC.

And what's with the will Westbrook go rogue comment? OKC consistently wins 60 games yet people are always questioning whether he and Durant can play together.

OKC's problem has been staying healthy. IF healthy I foresee another 60+ win season and a trip to the WCF at minimum.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We have Beverly and Brewer. It's clear that the Rockets are the favorites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom