Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Interesting about Stafford.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Funny as it is, I have a point.
Point was taken and thread title changed.

Take a quick note of your win and go about your day, sir.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
NFL suspends Ndamukong Suh for one game

NFL suspends Ndamukong Suh for one game

Ndamukong Suh will pay a steep price for his fancy footwork in Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers.

The NFL has suspended the Lions' defensive tackle for one game for stepping on the leg of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the league announced Monday. Suh will not be available for Sunday's NFC wild card game against the Dallas Cowboys.

"You did not respond in the manner of someone who had lost his balance and accidentally contacted another player who was lying on the ground," NFL vice president of football operations Merton Hanks said in a letter to Suh. "This illegal contact, specifically the second step and push off with your left foot, clearly could have been avoided.

"You unnecessarily stepped on your opponent's unprotected leg as he lay on the ground unable to protect himself."

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Suh will appeal the suspension, per a league source. The appeal will be heard and decided by either Derrick Brooks or Ted Cottrell. The video evidence of Suh's actions will be difficult for him to overcome.

After Suh knocked Rodgers over in the fourth quarter, replays showed Suh taking two steps backward, with both feet landing on the injured area between the star passer's ankle and calf.

"I didn't see it live, I didn't see it on the (scoreboard), but from what I'm told, I'm told it was ridiculous," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "There's no place for that. That's where I'm at with it. I don't understand it, frankly."

Suh's history likely played a role in the league's decision to ban the All-Pro defender.

Suh served a two-game suspension in 2011 after he stomped on the arm of then-Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. One year later, Suh was fined $30,000 by the NFL for kicking then-Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin. Since 2010, the behemoth has been fined seven times for player-safety violations.

Suh's punishment couldn't come at a worse time for the Lions. As the beating heart of the team's nasty defensive front, he loomed as the central cog in Detroit's plan to slow down Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray and neutralize the NFC's finest offensive line.

This could be a fitting end to Suh's time in Detroit. Rapoport reported previously that the Lions are prepared to let Suh test free agency.

Notable Suh discipline
Date
Offense
League discipline
Dec. 2014
Stepped on Aaron Rodgers' calf
Suspended for wild-card game
Nov. 2013
Throat-slash gesture toward Bucs
Fined $7,875
Oct. 2013
Hit on Brandon Weeden
Fined $31,500
Sept. 2013
Low block on John Sullivan
Fined $100,000
Nov. 2012
Stepped on Matt Schaub
Fined $30,000
Nov. 2011
Stomped on Evan Dietrich-Smith
Suspended two-games
Aug. 2011
Hit on Andy Dalton
Fined $20,000
Dec. 2010
Hit on Jay Cutler
Fined $15,000
Sept. 2010
Hit on Jake Delhomme
Fined $7,500

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
"Stepped on" Matt Schaub is putting it lightly.

He kicked the guy in the nuts:

Cotton

Staff member
He's such a fucking dirty player. Hopefully one day someone elbow drops his neck and breaks it.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys won't alter approach after Ndamukong Suh's suspension
December, 29, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Throughout the season the Dallas Cowboys have taken a nameless, faceless approach to their opponents.

With news that Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been suspended for Sunday’s wild-card playoff game by the NFL for stepping on Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, coach Jason Garrett said it would not affect his team’s preparation.

“The biggest thing that we try to do around here is focus on ourselves,” Garrett said. “Obviously, when you prepare for a game there is personnel you prepare for, there is scheme you get prepared for in all three phases. But the biggest thing we try to do is focus on our football team and how we can get better.”

Suh, who will appeal the suspension, leads the Lions with 8.5 sacks. However, in three games against the Cowboys in his career he has recorded just a half sack. The Lions own the NFL’s best run defense and the Cowboys' DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing with 1,845 yards.

Garrett said the coaches have not studied the Lions much yet.

“We’ve played against him and the defensive front of the Lions before,” Garrett said. “They’re very challenging. They’ve got a lot of first round picks, a lot of talented guys on that front, so excited to get into the film and start our preparation against them. He’s obviously been one of the better players at his position since he’s been in the league.”

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

p1_

DCC 4Life
Notable Suh discipline
Date
Offense
League discipline
Dec. 2014
Stepped on Aaron Rodgers' calf
Suspended for wild-card game
Nov. 2013
Throat-slash gesture toward Bucs
Fined $7,875
Oct. 2013
Hit on Brandon Weeden
Fined $31,500
Sept. 2013
Low block on John Sullivan
Fined $100,000
Nov. 2012
Stepped on Matt Schaub
Fined $30,000
Nov. 2011
Stomped on Evan Dietrich-Smith
Suspended two-games
Aug. 2011
Hit on Andy Dalton
Fined $20,000
Dec. 2010
Hit on Jay Cutler
Fined $15,000
Sept. 2010
Hit on Jake Delhomme
Fined $7,500
Now that's what I call a laundry list.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have your back. But I think I found a loophole to get my Cowboys gear w/o funding Jerry.....unless he's in business with Chinese sweatshops. :unsure

I'm rocking a $30 "authentic" jersey that was made in and shipped from somewhere in China. Made by the blood, sweat, and tears of Chinese 10 year-olds.

Good quality too. A jersey like this would run me at least $150 stateside.
Michael Irvin is upset with you.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Getting healthy at the right time. We've missed you Mr Free.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Just saying, Suh would be a great signing this offseason and a perfect fit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just saying, Suh would be a great signing this offseason and a perfect fit.
Agreed, but he will probably command a small fortune. JPP will command the same even though his 12.5 sacks this year would look pretty good at DE for us. Jerry Hughes would probably be a more realistic target for us.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Michael Irvin is upset with you.
:lol

I saw that commercial last week.

I was like......Playmaker, please. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry. You're not guilting me into adding to your billions.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Agreed, but he will probably command a small fortune. JPP will command the same even though his 12.5 sacks this year would look pretty good at DE for us. Jerry Hughes would probably be a more realistic target for us.
Don't know about Hughes. He's small, and he didn't start producing until put on a line full of studs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Link me please.
I bought the jerseys early this year and don't have the link any more.

But if you just Google "cheap authentic NFL jerseys" there are tons of sites that offer them for low prices.

The cost of shipping is a bit high (I paid about $20) but since I was buying 3 jerseys I felt it was still a bargain. Because if you go to a standard sporting goods store to buy a quality NFL jersey it's going to cost you about $150+ dollars. Basketball jerseys are about $100.

So the $20 shipping fee wasn't a show stopper for me. Since I was only paying about $30 for the NFL jersey and about $20 for each NBA jersey.

Top Bottom