Must See Movies

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Of all the movies on that list, I saw Enemy, Cheap Thrills, and part of Blue Ruin, but I need to finish it.

I enjoyed Enemy, but it is a little inscrutable at times. It starts off Hitchcock and veers into David Lynch territory, if that's your thing.

Cheap Thrills I liked, but it is kind of tough to watch at times. I liked the first Raid movie, and I hear the sequel is even better.

I would throw The Guest and The Babadook on my list of favorites.

I mentioned The Guest before, but it manages to be an awesome '80s-style action flick with a lot of social commentary just below the surface.

The Babadook does what the best horror movies do, by commenting on fears surrounding real issues like anxiety, medication, abandonment, and parenthood, while also just being flat out creepy as hell. It's perfect for people worn out by cookie cutter possession movies that aren't even scary anymore.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The Interview is supposed to available on Google play, Xbox movies and one other online service starting today. They are negotiating with Netflix as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Interview is supposed to available on Google play, Xbox movies and one other online service starting today. They are negotiating with Netflix as well.
They are also releasing it in select theaters. One of them here in Lubbock.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watched it on YouTube last night.

It was okay.

Just okay.

Part of me is starting to think it was all a viral hoax to see what releasing a movie in this fashion would do.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Watched it on YouTube last night.

It was okay.

Just okay.

Part of me is starting to think it was all a viral hoax to see what releasing a movie in this fashion would do.
If that's the case it was a bad approach because they can't use the hoax of North Korea attacking theatres anymore.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Ok, again I know I'm late to the game, but I went and saw Interstellar today. McConnaughey was great and has turned himself into a legit actor. The movie has some really strong moments but overall I thought it sort of meh. And too long with all of the drifting in 5D moments.

dallen

Senior Tech
I really liked The Interview. I probably won't watch it twice but it had some really funny moments

Carp

DCC 4Life
Went to see The Gambler today...that movie was a piece of shit and still trying to figure out what the point of it was.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Went to see The Gambler today...that movie was a piece of shit and still trying to figure out what the point of it was.
Probably to put mediocrity, Marky Mark, in a super serious "film" to try to prove he has some acting chops.

Carl

RIP Brother
FoxCatcher is slow and morose; but somewhat interesting. Strange casting that works too.

Would still recommend Whiplash.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Do yourself a favor and go watch Unbroken.

Top Bottom