NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:towel

How the hell did we get Rondo for that crop of average players?!

Thank you, Danny Ainge!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, I'm guessing the future 1st and future 2nd aren't as big of a deal in basketball as they are in football?

D

Deuce

For someone who made the moves necessary to build a championship team, Ainge makes more than his fair share of horrid deals.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Brandan Wright is the only player I'll miss, but not enough to where I regret the trade.

Rondo is going to be much needed help on the defensive end, and he's going to get guys' great looks as he always has.

I think he's going to fit like a glove on this team. :mj

Jiggyfly

Banned
Brandan Wright is the only player I'll miss, but not enough to where I regret the trade.

Rondo is going to be much needed help on the defensive end, and he's going to get guys' great looks as he always has.

There is a lot of talk about him not fitting with Ellis, he does dominate the shot clock.

D

Deuce

I hope he becomes a locker room cancer.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Meanwhile Harden just dropped another 40 points and the Rockets have the 3rd best record in the NBA and nobody is talking about them.

I like Memphis and Golden State as much as anybody but neither team has battled injuries like Houston has.
That's because they're still viewed as pretenders.

When's the last time Houston made it past round 1? Pre-2004 during the Yao Ming era?

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's because they're still viewed as pretenders.

When's the last time Houston made it past round 1? Pre-2004 during the Yao Ming era?
That has nothing to do with how well they are playing now, you act like this team has been together forever it's only the second year Harden and Howard have been together.

I am not saying they should be favorites but they are getting zero buzz and Harden should be in everybody's top MVP discussion.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That has nothing to do with how well they are playing now, you act like this team has been together forever it's only the second year Harden and Howard have been together.

I am not saying they should be favorites but they are getting zero buzz and Harden should be in everybody's top MVP discussion.
I still view them as only the 5th best team in the West

I'd put OKC, SA, Golden State, and Memphis ahead of them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] starts thumping his chest and stumping for the Rockets and they promptly get their asses whipped by the Pelicans.....in Houston.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Durant had to sit out the 2nd half of this OKC-Golden St. game with a mild ankle sprain.

What really sucks is it was shaping up to be an epic performance from Durant. He had 30 points in the 1st half on 10-13 shooting.

Felt like he'd have cruised past 50 easily and made a run at 60.

I feel cheated.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love the trade for the Mavs. They should have probably moved him during the offseason because this haul is less than expected. Wright being bandied about like he is some prospect is funny to me.

Top Bottom