Cowboys acquire Titans DE Lavar Edwards

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys acquire Titans DE Lavar Edwards

NFL.com
Published: Aug. 30, 2014 at 03:46 p.m.
Updated: Aug. 30, 2014 at 04:05 p.m.

On the day of roster cuts, two teams sent players across the country.

The Dallas Cowboys acquired defensive end Lavar Edwards from the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, the team announced.

The Cowboys reportedly gave up a conditional seventh-round pick, per ESPN's Todd Archer, for the services of Edwards, a fifth-round selection in 2013.

The 24-year-old racked up 9 tackles but no sacks in seven games during his rookie campaign. For a team in desperate need of defenders, anything helps.

In other trade news: The Indianapolis Colts announced a trade with the Seattle Seahawks, nabbing defensive back Marcus Burley for a sixth-round pick.

Burley, 24, went undrafted in 2013 and initially signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars. He has yet to accrue any regular-season statistics.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The guy is a left end. Period. We have a buttload of them.

I guess the dreaded waves of DL that we have been promised from Marinelli means we just give opponents more run stopping strongside ends than they can handle.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Even that princess Sam got 3 sacks in the preseason.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Got to LSU and stopped reading...

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hope it is conditional on him being on the opening day roster...so that way if a better guy comes along he can be cut and keep the pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope it is conditional on him being on the opening day roster...so that way if a better guy comes along he can be cut and keep the pick.
This is a carbon copy of the Edgar Jones trade last year. He's going to cost the pick.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
BUT JERRY JUST WANTS TO WIN!!!!!!!

:lol

Love ya Carp. Really.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah that zero sacks stat line screams WIN to me.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Titans GM to JJ: "Thanks for the crap pick for a crap player, Jerry. I still think we got the better end of the deal though".

Top Bottom