2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, more or less. I don't pretend there isn't corruption in the Clinton administration. I just think that it's the garden variety corruption that we've more or less tolerated for the last century.
Garden variety corruption? Neither scandal issue is acceptable but I wonder which ones have more impact on the nations well being.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, more or less. I don't pretend there isn't corruption in the Clinton administration. I just think that it's the garden variety corruption that we've more or less tolerated for the last century.
And that's the hypocrisy that everyone ignores now that its Clinton everybody has n issue with it.

Not a peep when the same was pointed out in the Bush administration and the dealings with Halliburton and Cheney.

Talk about pay to play.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Garden variety corruption? Neither scandal issue is acceptable but I wonder which ones have more impact on the nations well being.
Does in invading Iraq ring a bell.

How has that impacted the nation?

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Apples and oranges. Trump's never been in a position to affect something as large as national defense. He has bribed politicians with campaign donations from his charity, to prevent a lawsuit for his fraudulent university though.

I want you to think of what would have happened if the Whitewater investigation had turned up something that juicy on Hillary.

What Donald has proven is that he's more than just extremely corrupt, and unqualified. He's also a sexual predator.

About a year ago I put out the checklist for sociopathy. He's very very clearly a textbook case.

townsend

Banned
It's amazing how much Bush era corruption and ineptitude republicans gloss over. Could you imagine the fallout if Clinton's office had leaked the identity of a CIA agent? There would be a crucifixion.

But in Bush's backward administration you could expect them to pull a boner like that every few months.

That being said I'd be fighting tooth and nail for Dick Cheney if Donald Trump was his opposition.

townsend

Banned
Fact Check: Trump Is Indeed a Big Whiny Baby
A selection of Trump's finest whines shows that the president's charge holds up.
Jacob Sullum|Oct. 19, 2016 9:20 am

http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/19/fact-check-trump-is-indeed-a-big-whiny-b

Yesterday President Obama responded to Donald Trump's pre-emptive complaints about an election "rigged" against him, saying the Republican presidential nomineee should "stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes." Obama added that "if you start whining before the game's even over, if whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else, then you don't have what it takes to be in this job."

Is Obama right that Trump is a big whiny baby? After a careful, dispassionate examination of the facts, I am compelled to conclude that the president's charge holds up. A selection of Trump's finest whines:

1. In 2012, 2013, and 2014, Trump complained that the Emmys were rigged against him and his show The Apprentice. "The Emmys are all politics," he tweeted in 2012. "That's why, despite nominations, The Apprentice never won—even though it should have many times over." He repeated the complaint the next year: "I should have many Emmys for The Apprentice if the process were fair." And the year after that: "Which is worse and which is more dishonest—the #Oscars or the Emmys?"

2. Trump began a July 2015 interview on MSNBC's Morning Joe by complaining that the show's hosts were not talking about him enough: "I was just listening to you, and you know we all love you and Mika [Brzezinski], but I was listening to you talking about Bush and Rubio and a couple of others, and you sort of forgot to mention my name, even though I'm creaming them all in the polls. I don't understand what you're doing." Co-host Joe Scarborough was astonished. "What are you talking about?" he asked, laughing in disbelief. "What are you talking about, Donald? How thin is your skin? I've been talking about you for a week."

3. At the Republican presidential debate in August 2015, co-moderator Megyn Kelly of Fox News brought up Trump's derogatory comments about women he does not like ("fat pig," "dog," "slob," "disgusting animal," etc.), asking how they reflect on his temperament. "Oftentimes it's fun, it's kidding," he replied, saying he has no time for political correctness. "Honestly Megyn, if you don't like it, I'm sorry," he added. "I've been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn't do that." Later he described Kelly as unhinged, saying "you could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever." He called her a "lightweight" and a "bimbo, " and he announced that he would protest her treatment of him by boycotting future debates on Fox.

4. After Ted Cruz won the Iowa caucus in February, Trump complained that "the media has not covered my long-shot great finish in Iowa fairly." After Cruz won the Wisconsin primary in April, the Trump campaign complained that "the party bosses" were "attempting to steal the nomination from Mr. Trump," using Cruz as a "Trojan horse." After Cruz won all 34 of Colorado's delegates, Trump complained that "the system is rigged; it's crooked." His convention manager said the Cruz campaign had used "Gestapo tactics." Conservative commentator Ben Stein, a Trump supporter, said the billionaire bully's campaign had simply failed to understand the rules for securing delegates in Colorado, adding that the candidate's "whiny bitchiness" made him look like "a big sulky baby."

5. Irked by questions about his fundraising for veterans, Trump called a press conference last June to denounce political reporters as "disgusting" and "among the most dishonest people that I have ever met." Saying "the press should be ashamed of themselves," he called one reporter a "sleaze" and another "a real beauty."

6. In an interview with Fox Business host Lou Dobbs a couple of weeks later, Trump complained that no one has ever been more poorly treated by the press. "Ronald Reagan went through a lot, but people say it wasn't as bad as this," he said. "I'll have something where I think it's a big victory day, and I'll read about it the next day in the newspapers, and it's, like, terrible news....The dishonesty of the media is beyond belief. It's beyond belief....I will tell you, I've never seen more unfair press coverage."

7. After Khizr Khan, father of a Muslim soldier killed in Iraq, suggested during a speech at the Democratic National Convention in July that Trump should bone up on the Constitution, Trump said Khan "has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things." Trump added on Twitter: "Mr. Khan, who does not know me, viciously attacked me from the stage of the DNC and is now all over T.V. doing the same - Nice!"

8. "She spent hundreds of millions of dollars on negative ads on me, many of which are absolutely untrue," Trump complained during his first debate with Hillary Clinton. "It's not nice, and I don't deserve that. But it's certainly not a nice thing that she's done. It's hundreds of millions of ads."

9. After Martha Raddatz, co-moderator of the second debate between Trump and Clinton, asked the Democratic nominee about her "extremely careless" email practices as secretary of state, Trump asked, "Why aren't you bringing up the emails? I'd like to know." When co-moderator Anderson Cooper noted that "we brought up the emails," Trump insisted that they hadn't. "Nice," he said sarcastically. "One on three."

10. During the second debate, Trump complained that Clinton was getting more time to speak. "You know what's funny?" he said. "She went over a minute over, and you don't stop her. When I go one second over, it's like a big deal....Why don't you interrupt her? You interrupt me all the time." CNN found that Trump actually got to speak about a minute longer than Clinton during the debate.

Although Trump insists he is not thin-skinned, he does cop to whining. "I am the most fabulous whiner," he told CNN last year. "I do whine because I want to win. And I'm not happy if I'm not winning. And I am a whiner. And I'm a whiner, and I keep whining and whining until I win. And I'm going to win for the country and I'm going to make our country great again." Should Trump's strategy fail, America will have to muddle through as best it can. But at least we will be spared Whine Until You Win, the otherwise inevitable sequel to The Art of the Deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meanwhile in the land of actual damning evidence

Report: Trump sexual assault accuser's story corroborated by six people

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/report-trump-sexual-assault-accusers-story-corroborated-by-six-people/?client=safari
It's disgusting behavior and no one should condone anyone doing that. By the way, at least from a legal perspective, what you're referring to isn't actually corroboration. Unless I'm missing something, none of the six people referenced saw anything happen.

2233boys

Not So New Member
It's amazing how much Bush era corruption and ineptitude republicans gloss over. Could you imagine the fallout if Clinton's office had leaked the identity of a CIA agent? There would be a crucifixion.

But in Bush's backward administration you could expect them to pull a boner like that every few months.

That being said I'd be fighting tooth and nail for Dick Cheney if Donald Trump was his opposition.
Talking to a Trump supporter last night, and he said Bush's deleted emails weren't under subpoena? Wrong they were and the administration didn't care
Then he said his issues didn't lead to any American deaths and he brought up Benghazi. Wrong again, Iraq war thousands of American deaths 100s of thousands of Iraq deaths. Not to mention the 13 attacks on embassies and 60 deaths under Bush.

I didn't bring those things up to defend Clinton, I've said many times I don't like her and I'm not voting for her. I brought those things up to express the hypocrisy of the right.

Don't get me started on the Media Bias Bullshit. Conservatives the Number 1 tv news station is Fox, The Number 1 political Radio show is Rush's, and the newspaper with the highest circulation in the country is the right leaning WSJ. Your media bias line is an excuse for you policy and politicians failures.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't bring those things up to defend Clinton, I've said many times I don't like her and I'm not voting for her. I brought those things up to express the hypocrisy of the right.
I think there is a shit ton of hypocrisy on both sides. But I don't think the answer is to use the other sides past offenses as a defense of current deplorable behavior.

townsend

Banned
I know I find sites that post pictures like this with articles to be super reputable. :lol

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Reason's a libertarian site. So it'd be hard to accuse them of having some kind of bias towards Clinton.

Now it's true that they're not as journalistically credible as a mainstream publication. But it's not comparable to posting something by O'Keefe, whose only claim to fame is doctored videotapes.

Now do you have issue with the content of the article I posted? Did the author misrepresent any of Donald's little baby tantrums? Sometimes the poorly photoshopped picture suits the candidate.

townsend

Banned
It's disgusting behavior and no one should condone anyone doing that. By the way, at least from a legal perspective, what you're referring to isn't actually corroboration. Unless I'm missing something, none of the six people referenced saw anything happen.
I'll bow to your expertise on this, I misused the word.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I think there is a shit ton of hypocrisy on both sides. But I don't think the answer is to use the other sides past offenses as a defense of current deplorable behavior.
I agree, but pointing out the right's hypocrisy is fun, especially when you live in Redneck Trump Central.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Who is defending it.

Both me and towns have called her out on her shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Here's some more interesting things that Obama had to say...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh look is that a windmill?
:lol

Still trying that windmill stupidity, eh? Might want to try something new. Or at least something that makes even a modicum of sense.

Anyway, you can post anti Trump shit until you're blue in the face. I don't give even half a fuck. Show me where I've supported Trump. Show me where I've advocated that he'd be a good president. You can't. I haven't. For the record, I don't like him as a presidential candidate. I didn't like him in the primaries, I don't like him now. But I will vote for him. Because I HATE Hillary Clinton as a presidential candidate. And Trump, as much as I dislike him, is the only possible way for her to not be elected.

townsend

Banned
Here's some more interesting things that Obama had to say...

All true. Assuming Clinton is going to reinvent herself as some kind of liberal paragon is foolish. But if "out of touch" and "say anything, will Change nothing" is the worst thing that Obama said about her, that's pretty mild.

Here's what Ted Cruz had to say about Trump, prior to endorsing him

"This man is a pathological liar, he doesn't know the difference between truth and lies ... in a pattern that is straight out of a psychology text book, he accuses everyone of lying," Cruz said as Indiana voters headed to cast their ballots.
"Whatever lie he's telling, at that minute he believes it ... the man is utterly amoral," Cruz told reporters. "Donald is a bully ... bullies don't come from strength they come from weakness."
Also true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom