Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No. Why waste resources trading back in to the first, when you can take a better QB with #4? One if not both of them will be there. And don't give me that shit about taking Zeke. Not to mention that you might miss out on Lynch completely, and do just like you said. End up with a turd like Prescott. QB is too important a position. Don't fuck around.
Im on the Elliot bandwagon and even I say draft him only if the QBs are for some reason taken.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No. Why waste resources trading back in to the first, when you can take a better QB with #4? One if not both of them will be there. And don't give me that shit about taking Zeke. Not to mention that you might miss out on Lynch completely, and do just like you said. End up with a turd like Prescott. QB is too important a position. Don't fuck around.
Agreed 100%. If you think Goff or Wentz is your next franchise QB, you take them at 4 and don't look back.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Exactly.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Im on the Elliot bandwagon and even I say draft him only if the QBs are for some reason taken.
I really like him, too. But not at the expense of passing on one of the two QBs at the top. The ONLY way I don't take one of them, is if somebody offers us an obscenely lobsided trade in our favor. Even then, I hesitate.

Hopefully, we don't draft at the top of the first again for a long, long time. And it will cost us a fortune to move up in the first for another chance at the drafts top QBs. Wentz and Goff aren't guaranteed to succeed. I know that. But it will only cost us one high draft pick if they don't. If we have to mortgage a draft (or 2) in another year or two to move up for one, and they don't work out? Ouch. I'd rather not have to take that chance.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Grant is tiny for sure. One solid hit and hit he's going to fly over the goal post.

Another thing he has going for him is that he is one of the strongest guys on the team and one of the most feared and respected guys in the locker room. Believe it or not the little guy has no fear of anything. Matter of fact, he can kick the ass of every defensive player in Lubbock....wait, that's not a compliment...

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
I really like him, too. But not at the expense of passing on one of the two QBs at the top. The ONLY way I don't take one of them, is if somebody offers us an obscenely lobsided trade in our favor. Even then, I hesitate.

Hopefully, we don't draft at the top of the first again for a long, long time. And it will cost us a fortune to move up in the first for another chance at the drafts top QBs. Wentz and Goff aren't guaranteed to succeed. I know that. But it will only cost us one high draft pick if they don't. If we have to mortgage a draft (or 2) in another year or two to move up for one, and they don't work out? Ouch. I'd rather not have to take that chance.
It affects the team more than 1 high draft choice, if they don't succeed that halts the team from even looking at another QB for at least 3 years and puts any rebuilding way behind.

I have no issue taking one of these QB's at 4 but it's a gamble that affects the team much more than busting on another player.

A team is pretty much in a holding pattern until they figure out what they have in that QB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A team is pretty much in a holding pattern until they figure out what they have in that QB.
Which is all the more reason to take one when they have a top five choice and are not compelled to force a need.

Cotton

Staff member
Grant is tiny for sure. One solid hit and hit he's going to fly over the goal post.

Another thing he has going for him is that he is one of the strongest guys on the team and one of the most feared and respected guys in the locker room. Believe it or not the little guy has no fear of anything. Matter of fact, he can kick the ass of every defensive player in Lubbock....wait, that's not a compliment...
Here is a perfect example of his strength...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Your homerism sickens me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well he wasn't covered at all. Anyone can do that.

Cotton

Staff member
Well he wasn't covered at all. Anyone can do that.
I was more talking about that dude that grabbed him and he barely even turned his shoulder.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Your homerism sickens me.
Stephen signs Alfred Morris and news of the Great Jakeem Grant visiting the Cowboys all in the same week. Not a good week for you, gramps.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stephen signs Alfred Morris and news of the Great Jakeem Grant visiting the Cowboys all in the same week. Not a good week for you, gramps.
Oh yeah, I am in a world of shit.

But you all will be there right with me when we fuck up this draft.

Best Wishes,
DFDC

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be perfectly happy with targeting Lynch through either a trade up or trade down.

I would hate to give up a 3rd or whatever it may take to move back up into the 1st for Lynch but if we get Bosa/Buckner and Lynch out of this draft, that'd be pretty sweet.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If we like Wentz it stands to reason we like a similar physical talent in Lynch more than Goff, who probably doesn't look good on their SPARQ chart or whatever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Everybody was at Lynch's workout. Both Jerry and Goof Son, plus McClay and Garrett.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we like Wentz it stands to reason we like a similar physical talent in Lynch more than Goff, who probably doesn't look good on their SPARQ chart or whatever.
First of all, the idiocy of using something like SPARQ on QB's is so astounding that I can't even put it into words, and I know you aren't advocating it, I'm just saying. Secondly, Goff generally tested just as well as Wentz and Lynch.

In the 40: 4.82, 4.77, 4.86

Vert: 27, 30.5, 36

3-Cone: 7.17, 6.86, 7.14

That's Goff, Wentz then Lynch and of course you can argue that Goff is about 20 lbs lighter than Wentz and 30 lighter than Lynch so it isn't quite as impressive but the numbers aren't that far off. At any rate, if we're giving any serious credence to this SPARQ bullshit when it comes to QB's this organization is more fucked than any of us know.

If we do in fact prefer Wentz and Lynch to Goff I'd imagine it's because of their movement abilities/ability to make plays outside of the pocket and on the run, which Goff doesn't really have. I read that we have private workouts set up with all three of the top QB's though so I don't think this is an indication that we like Lynch more than Goff.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
First of all, the idiocy of using something like SPARQ on QB's is so astounding that I can't even put it into words, and I know you aren't advocating it, I'm just saying. Secondly, Goff generally tested just as well as Wentz and Lynch.

In the 40: 4.82, 4.77, 4.86

Vert: 27, 30.5, 36

3-Cone: 7.17, 6.86, 7.14

That's Goff, Wentz then Lynch and of course you can argue that Goff is about 20 lbs lighter than Wentz and 30 lighter than Lynch so it isn't quite as impressive but the numbers aren't that far off. At any rate, if we're giving any serious credence to this SPARQ bullshit when it comes to QB's this organization is more fucked than any of us know.

If we do in fact prefer Wentz and Lynch to Goff I'd imagine it's because of their movement abilities/ability to make plays outside of the pocket and on the run, which Goff doesn't really have. I read that we have private workouts set up with all three of the top QB's though so I don't think this is an indication that we like Lynch more than Goff.
I'm just saying in general that Lynch and Wentz are big athletic guys and that may be what they like over a less mobile skinny guy with Trump hands.

Top Bottom