Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Must be nice to have depth and always have someone step up. Bell is out again and Pittsburgh doesn't miss a beat with Deangelo Williams. Bryant is out and Eli Rogers steps up at WR. Last year half their starting OL was out and it was business as usual.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Don't see a change in the Skins D.....still giving up 5-6 yards per rush.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Redskins really look like shit.

But watch them come out and look like world beaters next week.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
you're not allowed to dance after a TD? it was too vulgar or something?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If there is an unsportsmanlike penalty on the offense after a TD, it should be enforced on the extra point instead of the kickoff. Make it a 50 yard extra point attempt, and I'd bet you see coaches become a whole lot more serious in shutting that shit down.

That penalty basically turned into a WGAS 6 yard penalty since the skins returned it to the 31 yard line. But miss the extra point? Now it may affect the outcome of a game.

D

Deuce

If there is an unsportsmanlike penalty on the offense after a TD, it should be enforced on the extra point instead of the kickoff. Make it a 50 yard extra point attempt, and I'd bet you see coaches become a whole lot more serious in shutting that shit down.

That penalty basically turned into a WGAS 6 yard penalty since the skins returned it to the 31 yard line. But miss the extra point? Now it may affect the outcome of a game.
I was thinking the same.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I agree.

But that will never happen mainly because the rules are not clearly defined enough. In crayon. So the weekend warrior officials know what to do.

It is judgment. Which is part of the problem.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bad coaching.
Bad coaching indeed. Another example of bad coaching would be not making nearly enough of an effort to put the ball in your best offensive playmakers hands then declaring that you have no issue with the way he was used, all the while riding out the "taking what they give you" philosophy to another loss.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He covers a side, not a man. Doesn't make sense to me.
Strange to supposedly be one of the leagues top CB's and only play one side. I also think he isn't going to be nearly as good now that he isn't surrounded with the same talent he had in Carolina.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good point by Gruden. He had running room.

I think a lot of QBs don't take that when presented.

That is one reason that every few years, there is some QB that is supposed to be "revolutionary" only until that quality is coached out of them.

You get a QB that runs for two or three FDs in those situations in a game, you will probably win more games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
See that motion they set Brown in just now?

When do you ever see us do that with Dez?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good point by Gruden. He had running room.

I think a lot of QBs don't take that when presented.

That is one reason that every few years, there is some QB that is supposed to be "revolutionary" only until that quality is coached out of them.

You get a QB that runs for two or three FDs in those situations in a game, you will probably win more games.
The Giants actually had some 3 man rushes against us where I really wish Prescott would have ran. I'm hoping that maybe he was a little nervous in his first ever NFL start.

Top Bottom