Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Speaking of his production. Yesterday Adam Schefter tweeted out these numbers. 12 players had 2.5 or more sacks in the preseason. 10 are on 53 man rosters. One is on a practice squad. The other is Michael Sam.

That's pretty much all the proof you need to conclude that his sexuality is the reason he's excluded from the league.

If they aren't careful the NFL may open themselves up to an EEO civil lawsuit. On the surface it appears he has a case. Of course he'd never be able to play in the league if he pursued this but it appears that he may have a case should he choose to pursue it.
I said it in jest, but I too brought up that the guy had 3 sacks the other day in a different thread.

If any of the guys we brought in on the D-line had 3 sacks in the preseason, we'd all be pretty happy about that.

A 7th round pick with pedigree getting 3 sacks in the preseason is pretty good, IMO. Hell, if he didn't have all that baggage with him, I'd want the Cowboys to pick him up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I said it in jest, but I too brought up that the guy had 3 sacks the other day in a different thread.

If any of the guys we brought in on the D-line had 3 sacks in the preseason, we'd all be pretty happy about that.

A 7th round pick with pedigree getting 3 sacks in the preseason is pretty good, IMO. Hell, if he didn't have all that baggage with him, I'd want the Cowboys to pick him up.
I understand him not making the Rams because their DL is loaded with talent. But a team like Dallas should have at least considered offering him a practice squad position.

But hey, I guess we're fine with creaky knees Spencer, Mincey, and Selvie. I look at that group and I see 10 sacks total.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I understand him not making the Rams because their DL is loaded with talent. But a team like Dallas should have at least considered offering him a practice squad position.

But hey, I guess we're fine with creaky knees Spencer, Mincey, and Selvie. I look at that group and I see 10 sacks total.
The problem is that the guy is a total circus. Some of it is not his fault, but he's also not completely innocent either.

The guy knew what he was doing when he signed on for that reality show with Oprah or whatever.

The point is, if it was that bad in WGAS St. Louis, can you imagine what it would be in Dallas?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The problem is that the guy is a total circus. Some of it is not his fault, but he's also not completely innocent either.

The guy knew what he was doing when he signed on for that reality show with Oprah or whatever.

The point is, if it was that bad in WGAS St. Louis, can you imagine what it would be in Dallas?
I agree it would be crazy in Dallas. Just the way Jerry likes it.

Sure you're signing up for a bit of a distraction but I think that fades over time.

Here's my problem with the league. There's more acceptance for wife beaters, dog killers, guys who commit vehicular homicide, racists, and drug abusers than there is for a guy who hasn't broken a single law. All because he likes to take it up the pooper.

That seems incredibly ass backwards.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's pretty much all the proof you need to conclude that his sexuality is the reason he's excluded from the league.
I agree, but not entirely as this statement looks on the surface.

IMO, yeah his sexuality is costing him his job right now. But not the fact that he's gay. I think teams/players could accept that, forget it, and move on. I think it's more along the lines that the media refuses to let anybody forget it. Look no further than that ignorant report you mentioned, about his showering habits. Seriously, who gives a flying fuck?

People might think it's more attention grabbing on Sam's part, but I think he should issue a statement where he thanks the media for their concern, but asks them to just stop. Point out they THEY are the ones making it hard on him right now. That THEY are the ones that teams want to avoid with all the distractions, not him.

And yes, I do see the irony of using the media to complain about the media. :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How could anyone think that Sam wouldn't be controversial regardless of which way his career went. I said when he declared himself that he was padding his recourse in the NFL. Whether right or wrong any action will not be without controversy. Wherever he lands he will be the center of attraction for the wrong reasons.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope someone gives him a shot because based on just talent and production alone, the guy deserves to be on an NFL roster.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
People might think it's more attention grabbing on Sam's part, but I think he should issue a statement where he thanks the media for their concern, but asks them to just stop. Point out they THEY are the ones making it hard on him right now. That THEY are the ones that teams want to avoid with all the distractions, not him.
That would probably be his best bet.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree, but not entirely as this statement looks on the surface.

IMO, yeah his sexuality is costing him his job right now. But not the fact that he's gay. I think teams/players could accept that, forget it, and move on. I think it's more along the lines that the media refuses to let anybody forget it. Look no further than that ignorant report you mentioned, about his showering habits. Seriously, who gives a flying fuck?

And yes, I do see the irony of using the media to complain about the media. :art
That would be preferable but when has the media ever tried to neutralize a controversial matter. They thrive on circumstances like this.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Argh argh grr.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is disturbing. The Seahawks seem to have a clue.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Chiefs are adding some reinforcement to their defensive line.

PFT’s Mike Florio reports the Chiefs have signed former Broncos defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson to a one-year contract. The addition of 31-year-old Vickerson comes one day after Chiefs defensive end Mike DeVito suffered a season-ending Achilles injury in the club’s loss to Tennessee.

Vickerson (6-5, 328) spent the previous four seasons with Denver, making 41 starts. A ninth-year pro from Michigan State, Vickerson has notched 153 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his NFL career. In addition to his time with Denver, Vickerson had stints with Seattle (2010), Tennessee (2007-2009) and Miami (2005-2006).

Vickerson has experience playing end in a 3-4 defense and tackle in a 4-3 scheme, which gives the Chiefs flexibility on how to use him. And with the Chiefs set to face the AFC-champion Broncos in Denver at high altitude on Sunday, Vickerson could be pressed into immediate service.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Jets made some moves to shake up their receiving corps on Monday.

Fourth-round pick Jalen Saunders was dumped from the roster so the team could sign former Bills third-rounder T.J. Graham and the team announced a bit later in the day that they have also signed former Buccaneers wideout Chris Owusu.

Owusu was released by the Bucs last week when they signed Louis Murphy, ending a tenure with the team that stretched back to the 2012 season. Owusu played 17 games for the Bucs over that span, catching 16 passes for 158 yards and a touchdown.

There’s no question that the Jets need any help they can find for their passing game, but it’s hard to feel like Graham and Owusu are going to move the needle all that much. They should get chances to prove otherwise, however, as David Nelson hurt his ankle against the Lions and is expected to miss some time.

Cornerback LeQuan Lewis was released to make room for Owusu. According to the Jets, that’s the 31st transaction that Lewis has been involved in during his NFL career.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lol. I was going to say their is our cornerback until I saw the part about the transaction.

Top Bottom