Hardy suspended 10 games

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

All I can say is thank GOD that Hostile is there to advise him. I doubt Hardy or anyone he's associated with would know this kind of information...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the league knew they'd lose the appeal, and set his suspension high enough that once reduced would be in the area of where they should have been to begin with.
Probably. Sounds like the inept decision making and public pandering he has become famous for.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

All I can say is thank GOD that Hostile is there to advise him. I doubt Hardy or anyone he's associated with would know this kind of information...
He is re-Tweeting everything. I will laugh if he ignores that gibberish.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry Jones: We anticipated and respect Commissioner’s ruling on Greg Hardy

Posted by Josh Alper on April 22, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT

Barring a successful appeal, the Cowboys are going to be without defensive end Greg Hardy for the first 10 games of the 2015 season after the NFL suspended the new member of the Dallas organization for engaging “in conduct that violated NFL policies in multiple respects and with aggravating circumstances” while with the Panthers last year.

The league found that Hardy violated the personal conduct policy by using physical force against Nicole Holder while in the presence of “powerful, military-style assault weapons” and that he failed to provide complete information to the league during its investigation. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones issued a statement about the suspension on Wednesday and showed support for the league’s decision.

“This suspension is something that we anticipated prior to Greg’s signing, and we respect the Commissioner’s ruling,” the statement reads. “Our organization understands the very serious nature of this matter. We will use our resources — work closely with Greg and with the league — to ensure a positive outcome.”

Hardy will be eligible to work out and practice with the team and he can play in their preseason games before starting the suspension. Hardy plans to appeal the ban, but, as of now, he won’t be eligible to play his first game with the team until they host his former team on Thanksgiving.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the league knew they'd lose the appeal, and set his suspension high enough that once reduced would be in the area of where they should have been to begin with.
I don't know about that but it could be that Godell looked at this as an opportunity to flex his nuts and look good in front of the public knowing that the judge will probably overturn his ruling. Kind of transfers the heat from the public away from him. Instead everyone will view him as tough on domestic violence.

Of course this is all while sacrificing Hardy and his reputation. Which all of the NFL's mouthpieces on NFL Radio had already been doing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And under the old system Ray Rice only got 2 games for a similar situation.

I don't understand how 10 games can be viewed as anything other than a desperate PR move
That's all it is.

Still makes Goodell a fag.

But they know it will be reduced on appeal so that's why they gave him more. Gotta bend to the will of the activist women's groups, who threaten the NFL's sponsors.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That's all it is.

Still makes Goodell a fag.

But they know it will be reduced on appeal so that's why they gave him more. Gotta bend to the will of the activist women's groups, who threaten the NFL's sponsors.
It's a PR move. A couple of weeks ago I thought I read or heard that the league would likely hand out a 6-10 game ban on Hardy knowing full well that he'd appeal and that the suspension would be reduced due to many of the reasons mentioned in this thread.

It's just the NFL trying to save face since they completely f'd up the Ray Rice situation.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Josh Brent suspended 10 games for killing someone Hardy 10 games for allegedly hitting a women, charges later dropped. Seems legit :shrug

Big Ben 4 games for two allegations of rape
Vick essentially 2 games after he served his prison sentence
Burress 4 games shooting a gun off in public shooting himself
Tank Johnson 8 games for illegal weapons charge while on probation for a weapons charge
Peterson no suspension for beating his kid
I'm fine with suspending people for contract detrimental to the league, but their is no standard it seems like Goodell just deals out suspensions based on his whims

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm fine with suspending people for contract detrimental to the league, but their is no standard it seems like Goodell just deals out suspensions based on his whims
It is PR.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's a PR move. A couple of weeks ago I thought I read or heard that the league would likely hand out a 6-10 game ban on Hardy knowing full well that he'd appeal and that the suspension would be reduced due to many of the reasons mentioned in this thread.

It's just the NFL trying to save face since they completely f'd up the Ray Rice situation.
Yeah, it was written by one of the DMN writers. Machota, I think. I posted it after he wrote it. It makes perfect sense. Suspend for longer than you know will stick with the hopes that it brings the NFL back into the "good guy" realm. Yet, still not setting a crazy precedent that they know they can't follow.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I wonder if this caught the Joneses off guard or not.

I bet they were expecting something less.

What pisses me off the most is that it pretty much fucks us in the draft.
On the other hand it may keep us from using a first on that coveted CB.

Cotton

Staff member

Bringing the BOOMstick.

~drops mic~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Bringing the BOOMstick.

~drops mic~
What Hardy did, that there is no real proof of. Good call Werder. Why don't you go talk about what Peterson did because no one seems to talk about that ever. Hardy had a misdemeanor charge and there isn't even a transcript from the original trial.

data

Forbes #1
i'm fine with 10 games if they eliminate the No More commercials

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Evidently she had marks on her neck, back, ect. That was what Goodell used I suspect.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Evidently she had marks on her neck, back, ect. That was what Goodell used I suspect.
I don't think anyone is disputing that something happened. But what makes this any more of an issue than other DV cases?

What, he threw her on a couch that had guns on it? It seems that Goodell and the league are trying to spin that piece of information as if pointed a loaded gun at her or fired some shots at her.

I'm not trying to defend the guy, but since when has anyone ever been charged with assault with a deadly weapon for something like that? Did I miss something? Did he actually threaten her with the weapons as well?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not trying to defend the guy, but since when has anyone ever been charged with assault with a deadly weapon for something like that? Did I miss something? Did he actually threaten her with the weapons as well?
Since this was a local deal for me, I can tell you it was a little played up. The local DA saw a spot for fame. This woman is a tried and true gold digger and well, Hardy played into it when he paid her off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think anyone is disputing that something happened. But what makes this any more of an issue than other DV cases?

What, he threw her on a couch that had guns on it? It seems that Goodell and the league are trying to spin that piece of information as if pointed a loaded gun at her or fired some shots at her.
What evidence does the league even have of this stuff though? Her statement to the police? When she wasn't even under oath? I mean it's a joke to just assume this stuff is factual because a spurned lover said so.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nodak, you're probably right but this is still straight up Fing bulls***. What else do you expect from the NFL?

Hey Jerrah, all that money you put into the stadium? You should have played it smart and funneled some of it to Goodell.

That might be a little dramatic but anyone that thinks that Goodell isn't a puppet with someone's hand up his ass is fooling themselves. I'm amazed he hasn't moved on to D.C., where the real money is.

Argh.

/Rant

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Top Bottom