Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's without question the best passer on the team. Who knows if he can take hits, though no Dallas QB is taking many, if any, big hits this year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He's without question the best passer on the team. Who knows if he can take hits, though no Dallas QB is taking many, if any, big hits this year.
Best insurance policy ever. Maybe most expensive too.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Romo really looked good yesterday. The arm is not the issue, it's his ability to take a hit.

But out no matter what it was good to see him back out there even if it was only to try and ratchet up trade interest.

:unsure

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Room really looked good yesterday. The arm is not the issue, it's his ability to take a hit.

But out no matter what it was good to see him back out there even if it was only to try and ratchet up trade interest.

I agree, it was good. And I think that if we did need him at any point during this run, he would do fine if
someone not named Doug Free happened to be playing right tackle.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Romo really looked good yesterday. The arm is not the issue, it's his ability to take a hit.

Too bad the OL wasn't in better shape. If Smith and Leary were healthy I think they probably would have played him an entire quarter.

dallen

Senior Tech

I got a little misty

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I got a little misty
I got a little verklempt myself. Until I bought this Zeke jersey, a Romo jersey was the only one I owned. THat's why this year has been a little bitter sweet for me. As much as I want Romo to get a ring while starting, I just want a damn ring and had to argue against him starting because I truly feel it is our best chance to win it all. Just sucks.

dallen

Senior Tech
I got a little verklempt myself. Until I bought this Zeke jersey, a Romo jersey was the only one I owned. THat's why this year has been a little bitter sweet for me. As much as I want Romo to get a ring while starting, I just want a damn ring and had to argue against him starting because I truly feel it is our best chance to win it all. Just sucks.
During the boycott I bought a Romo high school football shirt (Go Burlington Demons!). I still kinda hope for Dak to get in a minor injury and have Romo come in and save the team during the playoffs at some point. Nothing long term. Just have him come in trailing during the 2nd half of the conference championship game and get us to the Super Bowl. Then Dak can come back and win it all. Give him the total Bledsoe package.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak is the best chance of the same QB remaining healthy for the entire run. Romo is the best shot to win any single game and/or vs the Giants.

townsend

Banned
Dak is the best chance of the same QB remaining healthy for the entire run. Romo is the best shot to win any single game and/or vs the Giants.
Romo may have the best chance to will a team to victory, but Dak still gives you your best chance to win a game. Bad Dak is a lot easier for the rest of the team to bail out than bad Romo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo may have the best chance to will a team to victory, but Dak still gives you your best chance to win a game. Bad Dak is a lot easier for the rest of the team to bail out than bad Romo.
Disagree. The only downside to Romo is his injury history. It may or may not occur again but from an ability and polish perspective he is considerably ahead of Dak. Dak is a better overall athlete as to physical aptitude but not as savvy or accurate as Romo. Romo also has the edge on reads. Dak has a large edge on downfield mobility but is slower to react to pressure.

When it all sifts out Romo will do better with the current OL.

Jiggyfly

Banned
During the boycott I bought a Romo high school football shirt (Go Burlington Demons!). I still kinda hope for Dak to get in a minor injury and have Romo come in and save the team during the playoffs at some point. Nothing long term. Just have him come in trailing during the 2nd half of the conference championship game and get us to the Super Bowl. Then Dak can come back and win it all. Give him the total Bledsoe package.
I got that jersey as well, I wore it on throwback day at school and nobody had any idea who the jersey was for.

My last cowboys purchase as well but I am thinking of getting a hat for the summer.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Disagree. The only downside to Romo is his injury history. It may or may not occur again but from an ability and polish perspective he is considerably ahead of Dak. Dak is a better overall athlete as to physical aptitude but not as savvy or accurate as Romo. Romo also has the edge on reads. Dak has a large edge on downfield mobility but is slower to react to pressure.

That's totally an opinion, I just wish people would stop declaring it as fact.

Cotton

Staff member

That is simply not true.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is simply not true.
It is all I can think of at the moment based solely on the impending games to be played for the upcoming playoffs. Anything beyond that would seem to be an apparent non existant comparison since it is concencus opinion that Romo will be gone. If you can think of other areas where Romo doesn't have an edge please feel free to list them.

Cotton

Staff member
It is all I can think of at the moment based solely on the impending games to be played for the upcoming playoffs. Anything beyond that would seem to be an apparent non existant comparison since it is concencus opinion that Romo will be gone. If you can think of other areas where Romo doesn't have an edge please feel free to list them.
Dak protects the ball much better than Romo ever did.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dak protects the ball much better than Romo ever did.
By protects the ball I assume you mean he is more conservative with his passes. That is probably true to the degree that he has less experience and is still more cautious. Veteran QBs tend to think they can make throws they shouldn't and get careless at times. Whether that would be a factor in the rest of the games is hard to say especially since Dallas is prone to run the ball more.

Top Bottom