QB Controversy Thread...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The real missing part of the argument is simple.

This team is becoming a team.

Every damn guy is selling out to make plays.

They are not standing around waiting for Romo to bail them out of mistakes.

That shift in mindset is what worries me about giving him the job back.

They see Prescott performing well within the system and nobody is compelled to feel they have to compensate.

They just do their job.

The whole team is loose and that is how you really want it.
I believe the reason this offense is scoring and moving at will is because Dak takes 1 or 2 plays that are given him...and he RUNS THEM.

Romo audibles, makes shit up, has his own set of plays..I don't know. But man, this offense is smooth with Dak in there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We need a poll to see where people's opinions lie regarding Dak vs Tony.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I believe the reason this offense is scoring and moving at will is because Dak takes 1 or 2 plays that are given him...and he RUNS THEM.

Romo audibles, makes shit up, has his own set of plays..I don't know. But man, this offense is smooth with Dak in there.
Not to mention Romo seems to zero in on Dez and Witten. No doubt they have been our two main targets but Dak has made Beasley look all-pro. He gets the ball to T Williams and Brice. Spreads it around and finds the open guy instead of trying to force it to one of two players like Romo often does.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I don't know how anyone could advocate benching Dak at this point.
Well, apparently the Zone watched a different game because they're using today's game as proof of why Romo needs to start as soon as he's ready and how shaky Dak was today.

:picard

Granted it's a week behind but still fucking hilarious.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, apparently the Zone watched a different game because they're using today's game as proof of why Romo needs to start as soon as he's ready
Jesus the guy had a 117 QB rating and completed some monster throws without Dez out there. Hell if Butler catches that damn ball his numbers would have been even better. All on the road in one of the toughest places to play.

Basically Zoners are a joke, they are the punch line around here.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, apparently the Zone watched a different game because they're using today's game as proof of why Romo needs to start as soon as he's ready and how shaky Dak was today.
Those idiots over there also swear up and down that running the ball doesn't matter so you shouldn't put any stock in their opinions

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Jesus the guy had a 117 QB rating and completed some monster throws without Dez out there. Hell if Butler catches that damn ball his numbers would have been even better. All on the road in one of the toughest places to play.

Basically Zoners are a joke, they are the punch line around here.
That's very true, and they proved exactly that with their comments.

I can't wait to listen to The Break and Talking Cowboys to see what excuses Spags and Broaddus have for why Romo should start now.

Still pissed about the Butler drop. That couldn't have been thrown any better and would have kept that INT free streak still going. Dak likely would have ended with a 300+ yard game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have no problem with Prescott at QB. My issue is and has been that Romo needs to be conditioned as quickly as possible even to the point of playing in order to have a viable backup in place. Dallas is very vulnerable now simply because if Prescott is injured they are screwed. As soon as Romo is ready he needs to be inserted in the lineup to get prepared. The season is still young and there are a lot of games left in the season. It is irresponsible for the organization to allow this situation to go unanswered and not be addressed.

It will entail Romo starting some games to come about but it is necessary. If he craters then it will address the other issue of how to deal with his career in Dallas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We need a poll to see where people's opinions lie regarding Dak vs Tony.
Why now? It would only lead to a lynching.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm convinced now. I will say that my opinion was never based on which QB. Based solely on what Jerry would do and I thought he would be steadfast in his loyalty regardless. Seen some wavering earlier in the week and don't know how you can change after this game. Personally, I wanted to wait and see after he faced some tougher teams. He hasn't even flinched so Im fully onboard the Dak train.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm convinced now. I will say that my opinion was never based on which QB. Based solely on what Jerry would do and I thought he would be steadfast in his loyalty regardless. .
Yeah I saw him interviewed after this game and his tune has basically totally flipped. He gave a cryptic answer and a salesmen wink that said Dak will stay unless something drastic changes. Something to the effect of a sarcastic statement about what a problem it will be having two healthy elite QBs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas is very vulnerable now simply because if Prescott is injured they are screwed. As soon as Romo is ready he needs to be inserted in the lineup to get prepared. The season is still young and there are a lot of games left in the season. It is irresponsible for the organization to allow this situation to go unanswered and not be addressed.

It will entail Romo starting some games to come about but it is necessary.
So wait, you'd start Romo in order to get him conditioned so we have a better backup situation? I'm afraid I'm not really understanding. Certainly you wouldn't bench Dak for that reason.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't know how anyone could advocate benching Dak at this point.
When [MENTION=128]kidd[/MENTION] says we need to stick with Dak, then you know it's really the only logical choice to make.

:lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think there is definitely something to the idea that Romo can sometimes over-analyze a defense from time to time. However for the most part I consider Romo's ability to recognize a defense and adjust the offense based on what he's seeing as one of his strengths.

hstour

Brand New Member
Yeah I saw him interviewed after this game and his tune has basically totally flipped. He gave a cryptic answer and a salesmen wink that said Dak will stay unless something drastic changes. Something to the effect of a sarcastic statement about what a problem it will be having two healthy elite QBs.
But that opinion is one that was held around the internet. "Let's see Dak against some tougher competition." Now that it has happened and Dak has performed well, the opinion is that Dak shouldn't lose the job.

No reason that same thought process wasn't held by the FO/coaching staff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So wait, you'd start Romo in order to get him conditioned so we have a better backup situation? I'm afraid I'm not really understanding. Certainly you wouldn't bench Dak for that reason.
If something happens to Dak do you want to go with Sanchez?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have no problem with Prescott at QB. My issue is and has been that Romo needs to be conditioned as quickly as possible even to the point of playing in order to have a viable backup in place. Dallas is very vulnerable now simply because if Prescott is injured they are screwed. As soon as Romo is ready he needs to be inserted in the lineup to get prepared. The season is still young and there are a lot of games left in the season. It is irresponsible for the organization to allow this situation to go unanswered and not be addressed.

It will entail Romo starting some games to come about but it is necessary. If he craters then it will address the other issue of how to deal with his career in Dallas.
So, let me make sure I understand you. They should start Romo so he can get into playing shape so he can be in shape enough to be the backup?

Top Bottom