Former Cowboys scouting chief Larry Lacewell suffers severe stroke

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
chill@star-telegram.com

Former Dallas Cowboys scouting director Larry Lacewell suffered a severe stroke over the weekend and is battling for his life in an intensive care unit at St. Bernard’s Medical Center in Jonesboro, Ark., per posts on his Facebook page.

Lacewell, 79, suffered a stroke at his home Jonesboro.

Lacewell led the Cowboys scouting department from 1992 until he retired in 2004. He still remained a trusted consultant of owner Jerry Jones.

Before coming to the Cowboys, Lacewell had a legendary career as a college, including stints at the defensive coordinator at Oklahoma and Tennessee and a head coaching run at Arkansas State.

During his time at Oklahoma, the Sooners won two national championships and six conference titles.

Lacewell is the all-time winningest coach at Arkansas State, where he went 69-58-4 from 1979-1989.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
chill@star-telegram.com

Former Dallas Cowboys scouting director Larry Lacewell suffered a severe stroke over the weekend and is battling for his life in an intensive care unit at St. Bernard’s Medical Center in Jonesboro, Ark., per posts on his Facebook page.

Lacewell, 79, suffered a stroke at his home Jonesboro.

Lacewell led the Cowboys scouting department from 1992 until he retired in 2004. He still remained a trusted consultant of owner Jerry Jones.

Before coming to the Cowboys, Lacewell had a legendary career as a college, including stints at the defensive coordinator at Oklahoma and Tennessee and a head coaching run at Arkansas State.

During his time at Oklahoma, the Sooners won two national championships and six conference titles.

Lacewell is the all-time winningest coach at Arkansas State, where he went 69-58-4 from 1979-1989.
Hope the best for him even though he led us to "The Wonder Years"..

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hard to determine how to react to this since I have hated for what this man has done to the franchise.

Guess I have to say best wishes for health but hope he focuses on recovery rather than any activity with the Cowboys.

I guess this is practice for how I will feel if the same happens to Jerry.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Not a fan of him and what he's done to the franchise but wishing him good health.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Hard to determine how to react to this since I have hated for what this man has done to the franchise.

Guess I have to say best wishes for health but hope he focuses on recovery rather than any activity with the Cowboys.

I guess this is practice for how I will feel if the same happens to Jerry.
My first thought was, why Lacewell and not Jerry? But I do wish him well.

townsend

Banned
That really sucks, I can't blame the guy for being in Jerry's brain trust, I think any of us would happily take prestigious jobs we're not qualified for, if an irresponsible billionaire made the offer.

Strokes are hella scary, hope he recovers.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Is he dead yet? No? Then we still aren't making progress.

Top Bottom