TV Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
Sorry to hear about your illness I hope you are getting better.

I recommend Justify as your next watch and give Fortitude a try.

Also the American's is great, probably my favorite show at the moment the acting is great and the plotting is fantastic, it's a great binge watch.
Thanks. The American's is on my list; just not sure where to "binge" watch it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
4) OITNB - Out of ideas in season 3.
It certainly feels that way. I watched the first 5 episodes of season 3 shortly after they were made available and the story line has been so bland that I haven't been motivated to jump back into it.

I suppose I'll finish out the season at some point just to see how things play out.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Christina Hendricks Joins Sundance's '80s Drama Hap and Leonard
By Kimberly Roots / July 15 2015, 1:27 PM PDT

The actress formerly known as Joan Holloway has found her next TV gig.
Mad Men vet Christina Hendricks has joined the cast of Sundance’s forthcoming Hap and Leonard, the network announced Wednesday.She’ll play Trudy, the ex-wife of Hap (played by The Following‘s James Purefoy.) Trudy resurfaces after two years with a proposition that Hap can’t refuse.

The drama follows Hap, a plantation worker in 1980s Texas who did time in federal prison for dodging the Vietnam War draft. Hap’s best friend, an angry, openly gay Vietnam vet named Leonard, will be played by Michael Kenneth Williams (Boardwalk Empire, The Wire).
Other previously announced cast members include Bill Sage (Boardwalk Empire) and Jimmi Simpsons (House of Cards).

The series is based on Joe Lansdale’s series of novels about the two men. Season 1 will consist of six episodes, which are slated to air in early 2016.
Hendricks played office-manager-turned-partner Joan for Mad Men‘s entire seven-season run. She currently appears in Comedy Central’s Another Period.
==========================================================

Anybody read these books, the cast is looking awesome.

Sounds like the return of Omar.:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have been quite ill for a while now, and have resorted to binge watching shows.

1) Rectify - Season 1 and 2 are very good; well acted with a nice tempo and blend of characters.

2) Bloodline - Season 1 - Wasn't sure about show, but it grew on me and will watch season 2.

3) Peaky Blinders - After season 2 it has run it's course

4) OITNB - Out of ideas in season 3.

5) Luther - Tried to watch BBC version, gave up after 4 shows - overacting.

I have Justified on DVD and also maybe Dexter on Netflix. If anyone else has ideas, I am open.

Time on the couch is boring, but at least I have lost 50+ lbs in the last 3 months. Down to under 200. Being ill is no fun though.
Hope you get better, Irish.

Can't say a disagree with any of your points. I just got into Rectify and it has been very good.

Bloodline was a very good show as well and I am looking forward to Season 2.

OITNB...well, let's just say I have stopped after the first couple of new episodes. I just find it hard to care anymore and it just seems tired out.

Never seen Luther or Peaky Blinders. Dexter was outstanding until it inevitably jumped the shark.

I am usually late on getting into shows, preferring to let a few seasons go by to get things up for the binge watching.

There are a few on streaming I have hit that way recently, like House of Cards and Daredevil (Netflix only), Transparent and Broad City (Amazon only).

It is pretty remarkable the quality that Netflix/Amazon and also AMC/FX are able to produce versus the networks anymore.

D

Deuce

7 Days in Hell on HBOGo was really good. I think they are putting it on the network in a month or so, but it came to HBOGo first. Very funny.

D

Deuce

True Detective

Farrell looks like he's about to go nuts. Ex-wife's rapist has been caught and I'm assuming he tracked down and killed some other dude he thought was guilty at the time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True Detective

Farrell looks like he's about to go nuts. Ex-wife's rapist has been caught and I'm assuming he tracked down and killed some other dude he thought was guilty at the time.
Yeah clearly he was being used as a tool to kill someone. Clearly not pleased at all and now he looks like a big liar to his ex.

Carp

DCC 4Life
True Detective

I still have no idea how all of this is going to help them find the city managers killer. I am kind of wondering if Frank is somehow involved in Castere's death. Losing all that money gave him a great excuse to get back to being a gangster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. I don't know why you guys are still watching. I haven't watched for a few weeks and I doubt I will even bother to pick it back up.

D

Deuce

Feh. I don't know why you guys are still watching. I haven't watched for a few weeks and I doubt I will even bother to pick it back up.
The ending of last weeks episode was great. Made up for the slow start to the season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last two episodes in my opinion have been awesome. Washed away a lot of the boring confusing shit from the earlier episodes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Getting into Season 3 of Mad Men.

First two seasons were pretty much money.

Does it snap out of the funk?

If not, eff this.

D

Deuce

Getting into Season 3 of Mad Men.

First two seasons were pretty much money.

Does it snap out of the funk?

If not, eff this.
There are spurts of goodness through the seasons, but the overall decline is a real problem.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The last two episodes in my opinion have been awesome. Washed away a lot of the boring confusing shit from the earlier episodes.
I don't think it has washed away any confusion...we know one guy is a homo and no real suspects or getting close to finding out who was the murderer.

Top Bottom