Golf Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
Happy for Rory. When he is on, he is on. And for the first time in my betting life, I had all 5 of my bets finish in the top 5. Had Scott winning it all, but all 5 pay off with the e/w betting.

Carl

RIP Brother
McIlroy dominated this tournament from the start. Very impressive.
He really did. He was a touch fortunate with the draw on Thursday and Friday. Adam Scott had the worst of the weather on both days, and beat those with similar draws this week by two strokes (if you know what I mean). Rory is like-able as well as highly talented.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Good golf all around...Tiger was bad, but that is common now. Rory rightfully won, he was excellent. Fowler right now is my favorite golfer...doesn't get too high or too low and is very consistent. He made some nice par saves today to stay as close as he did.

D

Deuce

Good golf all around...Tiger was bad, but that is common now. Rory rightfully won, he was excellent. Fowler right now is my favorite golfer...doesn't get too high or too low and is very consistent. He made some nice par saves today to stay as close as he did.
He's really on the verge of being great. Lots of expectations when he hit the scene but he's right there in every major now.

Carl

RIP Brother
Ricky is too good not to start winning tournaments and even majors soon. Plus he has aligned himself with Butch Harmon, who will really help his game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
McIlroy dominated this tournament from the start. Very impressive.
He's way too good to have gone through such a rough patch for so long.

Glad to see him get this win.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ricky is too good not to start winning tournaments and even majors soon. Plus he has aligned himself with Butch Harmon, who will really help his game.
He is solid...nothing that jumps out at you like Scott and McElroy with their long drives and Bubba and Phil with their shot shaping. He just keeps plugging away and makes smart plays. I love his game though...always is around the top and soon enough he'll break through with a major win.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Which happens first tomorrow in the PGA Championship?

Tiger misses the cut or does he withdraw early due to another "injury".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Going to play gain tomorrow for the 4th time so far this summer. That's the most I have gotten to play in years. I'm still hoping I will start getting better the more I play. :lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Which happens first tomorrow in the PGA Championship?

Tiger misses the cut or does he withdraw early due to another "injury".
How about both?

He missed the cut after "throwing out his back" on the driving range.

We need to start asking this seriously: Is Tiger done?

He was already choking on Sunday's before injuries, and how the ailments are making things even worse. Is it over for him already?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As an aside, my boy Jason Day is in this one.

I would love to see him get a major.

Carl

RIP Brother
As an aside, my boy Jason Day is in this one.

I would love to see him get a major.
Not at the expense of Rory or Ricky. There is a reason he is called All-Day. Much much too slow over every shot. Makes golf unwatchable at times.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Not at the expense of Rory or Ricky. There is a reason he is called All-Day. Much much too slow over every shot. Makes golf unwatchable at times.
He's got a ton of talent and with the exception of the 2 majors this year, he's always in the top 8 in majors and is always a contender.

He has the ability to outplay both Rory and Ricky (two other players I like).

Whether it's this weekend or not, Day is going to get his major.

Carl

RIP Brother
He's got a ton of talent and with the exception of the 2 majors this year, he's always in the top 8 in majors and is always a contender.

He has the ability to outplay both Rory and Ricky (two other players I like).

Whether it's this weekend or not, Day is going to get his major.
I am not doubting his ability, but the officials should have in on the clock at a minimum, really a penalty stroke should be in order; and he gets worse as the round goes on. He constantly exceeds his allotted time over every shot. Really unfair on his playing partner as well.

Carl

RIP Brother
Phil in with a real chance tomorrow. 6th Major? Rory odds-on favorite, but Phil capable of shooting 65-66.

D

Deuce

I am not doubting his ability, but the officials should have in on the clock at a minimum, really a penalty stroke should be in order; and he gets worse as the round goes on. He constantly exceeds his allotted time over every shot. Really unfair on his playing partner as well.
If they never penalized Sergio for his nonsense years ago while standing over every. single. shot., than they won't do anything to Day.

Carl

RIP Brother
If they never penalized Sergio for his nonsense years ago while standing over every. single. shot., than they won't do anything to Day.
Day is way slower than Sergio was at his worst waggling. Day's pre shot routine includes a snooze.

Carl

RIP Brother
Going to play gain tomorrow for the 4th time so far this summer. That's the most I have gotten to play in years. I'm still hoping I will start getting better the more I play. :lol
How did you play? I played on Tuesday and shot 101. First time since I was about 12 that I didn't break a ton. As I get older, this gets more accurate....the older I get, the better I was.

Carl

RIP Brother
When you are as talented as Rory is and are on top form, you have to close tomorrow. Next year's majors are not promised to anyone.

Top Bottom