Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Goff looks stellar. Man he can fit the ball into some tight windows. He really seems to understand trajectory well on deep balls and just because he overthrows a deep throw he doesn't stop trying. He just comes back and nails the throw the next time. I don't know about the system he plays in but I'm impressed right now.

That's a HUGE negative to me. I just haven't seen much success with guys coming out of that system. If we draft him and he has a couple of years then I suppose that's the best case we can hope for.

I really am 100% sure that I want the top QB prospect that we can get in this draft. Now is the time and we shouldn't screw around.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That’s just about the dumbest sentence I’ve ever heard on live television. If white people are supposed to look out for the interests of white people — a perverse concept in and of itself — why would they NOT applaud Jason Garrett’s job security? Privileged relationships with employers seem to be working out pretty damn well for white people. Why is Smith acting like white people are supposed to be looking for more and better opportunities for themselves when they’re the ones he’s saying have all the opportunities?
This is why I hate this guy. He gets paid and gets pub for being a total jackass. His Cowboy hatred
is tiresome and beyond childish. I believe Garrett sucks, but this racial tirade has no place in the discussion
of his merits or lack thereof. Why doesn't he direct his bullshit diatribe at his own Eagles? It's tantamount to saying Chip Kelly got fired because he's white. Nonsense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think Gregory is trying to tell us that Garrett is literally not a robot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like Randy Gregory. I hate Garrett but I still appreciate my player standing up for his coach. Of course I wish that coach would do the same for his players...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
With you 100%. Why would I give two shits about the opinions of these assholes? Don't want it or need it. I watch games/highlights and that is it with a few exceptions (ie, NFL draft coverage/talk, MLB Hot Stove/trade deadline discussion, etc).

If some people consider SAS/Bayless, Mike & Mike, Cowherd, et al, to be entertainment then good for them I guess. I simply do not. The entire talking head, hot take culture has zero value to me and I find it repellent for the most part. Give me information about sports, sure, but the exhaustive hot take opinions of jerkoffs is not for me.
I could give a shit less about your opinion on this, Ed. :thumbsup

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't even understand that. What is real af?
Real ass feeler.

That's what those younguns call a butt slapper.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't give a shit.

The old saying is football players don't know what the hell is good for them and it is true.

They may hate the SOB coach who rides their ass, but they are the same guys who when they are in their forties, sniveling over them after they are accepting their induction into the Hall of Fame.

I think sometimes we all forget these are 20-something players for the most part. They just don't know what they don't know.

I will say this right now. No player will ever thank Jason Garrett in a Hall of Fame speech.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't give a shit.

The old saying is football players don't know what the hell is good for them and it is true.

They may hate the SOB coach who rides their ass, but they are the same guys who when they are in their forties, sniveling over them after they are accepting their induction into the Hall of Fame.

I think sometimes we all forget these are 20-something players for the most part. They just don't know what they don't know.

I will say this right now. No player will ever thank Jason Garrett in a Hall of Fame speech.
Dude, I think he was making a joke. Calm down.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Dude, I think he was making a joke. Calm down.
:lol Correct. As evidenced by my use of literally. I was playing on Gregory saying Garrett is "real" juxtaposed against us constantly joking that he's a robot.

I'm glad someone got it. :lol I don't think c-rock got it either.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Or maybe it just wasn't very funny... It was pretty clear you weren't being serious though.
I thought it was pretty damn clear he wasn't being serious.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys' Jerry Jones on his NFC East perspective: 'All I see is ass'

Trust Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to make anyone looking for a comment very happy.

This time, Jordan Ranaan of NJ.com was the lucky recipient of Jones' creative use of the English language. When asked what he thought of the NFC East this season, Jones explained what life was like being at the lowest level of a fairly pedestrian division and seeing all his rivals above him.

"I'm looking up, on my back, and all I see is ass," Jones said Tuesday in Houston at the NFL owners' meetings. "I want a different perspective."

That's a playful look at a 4-12 team that came in last in a division that produced one team with a winning record. That team, the Washington Redskins, were eliminated in the opening round of the playoffs by the Green Bay Packers. And though the other NFC East teams in Philadelphia and New York are going through changes at the top, Jones is still focused on Dallas and not the competition.

"I do see opportunity though," Jones said.. "But I want a different view and that will ring and intertwine through every meeting, every personal visit I have with everybody involved with the Cowboys. I want to see a different look."

dallen

Senior Tech
I guess he is more of a boob man

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kinda OT... Does anyone remember the name of that ESPN writer/correspondent who worked for ESPN maybe about a decade ago... He got ill and left ESPN I think, maybe works somewhere else now... He was kinda fat... I feel like his last name was kinda Italian or something. Can't remember the guys name for the life of me. I can kinda picture his profile pic on ESPN. I keep wanting to say Palantonio but obviously I don't mean Sal Palantonio. Len something?

Was just thinking about this because Chris Mortensen was just diagnosed with throat cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom