Another Illegal presidential order

Jiggyfly

Banned
Does anyone have an actual summary on what Obama's attempt to write law with executive orders is actually going to do? I mean, are we back to waiting periods or are they just using more databases or what?
Basically it's making all people who sell guns for profit do background checks (gun shows, internet) and making mental health records more available to background checks.

Also adding more officers to the ATF so there can be better enforcement and quicker checks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's a nice thought and technically I agree with it but is completely out of the question. The FBI.can barely stay afloat with the requests it gets for background checks on government employees alone. There is no way in God's green earth they can deal with this situation. Who ever has these hair brained ideas simply do not know how the Federal governmental investigative system is wired together.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a nice thought and technically I agree with it but is completely out of the question. The FBI.can barely stay afloat with the requests it gets for background checks on government employees alone. There is no way in God's green earth they can deal with this situation. Who ever has these hair brained ideas simply do not know how the Federal governmental investigative system is wired together.
And the number of people who would be denied their rights because of a fuck up would be great. I've had many clients fail such things wrongfully and had to appeal the decisions.

townsend

Banned
I don't love persecuting people with mental illness, they're extremely unlikely to be shooters. While mass shooters could use mental health counseling they're very rarely diagnosed as mentally ill.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Everything about this is why Rand Paul should be President but I guess fake action makes people feel better instead.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Whoopi blathering about automatic weapons. :lol

Rand has to flip flop on killing people overseas before he gets much more support than his dad did.

Maybe if he came out saying he'd turn the entire Mid East into a sheet of glass after one more terrorist attack, he'd make a run at Trump.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoopi blathering about automatic weapons. :lol

Rand has to flip flop on killing people overseas before he gets much more support than his dad did.

Maybe if he came out saying he'd turn the entire Mid East into a sheet of glass after one more terrorist attack, he'd make a run at Trump.
I honestly wouldn't give two shits if he flopped and said that. Whatever it takes to win votes at this point. I'm confident that isn't what he would do at all once he took office.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Paul, an outspoken critic of the Patriot Act because of privacy concerns, thinks the agreements "allow the government to obtain a wide array of records without evidence that people may be hiding money," the aide said.

Shame on him for protecting people's civil rights.

townsend

Banned

Everything about this is why Rand Paul should be President but I guess fake action makes people feel better instead.
That was some really good posturing in enemy territory. Selling the limitation of government instead of trying to force the conversation on gun control.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was some really good posturing in enemy territory. Selling the limitation of government instead of trying to force the conversation on gun control.
I enjoy it partially because it makes Whoopi look like the uneducated fool that she is.

Top Bottom