Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez Bryant's agents met with Cowboys on Friday, source says

1h

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

With the deadline to agree to a long-term deal July 15, Dez Bryant's agents and the Dallas Cowboys had their first face-to-face meeting in nearly four months this week at the team's facility, sources said.

The meeting took place Friday, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Both of Bryant's agents, Tom Condon as well as Kim Miale of Roc Nation, met with the Cowboys, sources said.

Last month, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team would make a push to sign Bryant to a deal, but much work remains before that actually happens.

Bryant has yet to sign his $12.823 million franchise tag tender in hopes of a deal with larger guaranteed money. Bryant's camp has threatened the receiver will miss regular-season games even though there would be no financial incentive. After July 15, Bryant has to play the season on the tender, and the two sides could begin negotiations again after the season.

The only benefit to Bryant missing games would be if the team would agree not to use the franchise or transition tag on him in 2016. The Cowboys have a similar clause in place with defensive end Greg Hardy.

Bryant missed most of the Cowboys' offseason program, showing up for a handful of workouts and an organized team activity. He attended the final day of the Cowboys' mandatory minicamp June 18 but did not practice.

The Cowboys do not believe the threat to miss games because it would cost Bryant roughly $754,000 each week. Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said he believes Bryant will be "leading the way" when the Cowboys open the season Sept. 13 against the New York Giants.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Git'r'done.

D

Deuce

"Been hearing 100 and 45 thrown around a lot"

But my question is, is that enough "security" for him?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The general number that I've had in my head for a while is 6 years, 90 million with about 40-45 guaranteed, so if we can sign him for around 7 years, 100 million with 45 guaranteed, I'd be more than happy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
"Been hearing 100 and 45 thrown around a lot"

But my question is, is that enough "security" for him?
It sure as hell should be. Its got to be more than he can blow. But then again....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The general number that I've had in my head for a while is 6 years, 90 million with about 40-45 guaranteed, so if we can sign him for around 7 years, 100 million with 45 guaranteed, I'd be more than happy.
The guarantee is the biggest part of that. The length and total is mostly funny money anyway. 45 guaranteed is right where is should be in my opinion so I'd have no problem with that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Call me cray, but any info provided by a Bleacher Report blogger is suspect in my book.
Actually Bleacher Report has stepped up it's game in the last year or so.

They are not really the same fan-driven site with amateurs who thought they could "write".

They have scooped up some real journalists and accomplished bloggers to write for them.

Now, I will admit, Cole, who used to write for Yahoo Sports, is not the most accurate guy out there.

Cotton

Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Who da fuck is this guy?

townsend

Banned
Actually Bleacher Report has stepped up it's game in the last year or so.

They are not really the same fan-driven site with amateurs who thought they could "write".

They have scooped up some real journalists and accomplished bloggers to write for them.

Now, I will admit, Cole, who used to write for Yahoo Sports, is not the most accurate guy out there.
I did not realize that. To me Bleacher Report had always been synonymous with wannabes, outsiders, and super-fans. Good for them.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Who da fuck is this guy?
He writes for Star magazine. He used to be on their podcast but I guess they figured out that a guy with the juicy lisp of Sylvester the cat & the stutter of Porky Pig isn't great for the listening audience.

Cotton

Staff member
I did not realize that. To me Bleacher Report had always been synonymous with wannabes, outsiders, and super-fans. Good for them.
Even still they aren't exactly "insiders". Sully would be closer to an insider than Cole.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He writes for Star magazine. He used to be on their podcast but I guess they figured out that a guy with the juicy lisp of Sylvester the cat & the stutter of Porky Pig isn't great for the listening audience.

:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
Announcement imminent?

Top Bottom