Jaws says he wouldn't take Manziel in first 3 rounds.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well, I guess he would know

I fail to see how this negates his knowledge of the game and players. Yes there were some renegade players in the program but that is peripheral. Not unlike the Penn state debacle but that doesn't diminish Joe Patreno's football knowledge as a coach.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I fail to see how this negates his knowledge of the game and players. Yes there were some renegade players in the program but that is peripheral. Not unlike the Penn state debacle but that doesn't diminish Joe Patreno's football knowledge as a coach.
Just seems disingenuous for him to rag on anyone considering he's a drunk who loves cuckolding and ran a program full of criminals, steroid abusers, and ne'er–do–wells.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just another reason to hate Barry Switzer.

I also hate it that he pronounces the word program like pro-grum.

Go away, bozo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just seems disingenuous for him to rag on anyone considering he's a drunk who loves cuckolding and ran a program full of criminals, steroid abusers, and ne'er–do–wells.
You might have a point if that is the only thing to be considered but the total picture is much larger than the negative things you point to.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Switzer is a fricking hillbilly retard and always has been.

His opinion about pretty much anything means zero to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was a piece of white trash, so it is kind of hypocritical for him to judge anyone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Pretty much.

I hated seeing him on the Fox set prior to bowl games.

I have yet to hear one person say that they appreciated his insight on anything.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

It is purely arbitrary to dismiss his accomplishments hillbilly or no. Make no difference whether he is personally regarded, his records will still be there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jerry does.
Fuck Jerry...especially for making watch Switzer embarrass us on tv during his press conferences.

I remember when he first joined the team and saying he didn't know who all the teams in our division were.

Or the those times when he would be talking normally and then just have this really goofy outbursts during a PC and the press would just laugh at him.

And how he'd compare every win to some bowl game he coached in.

:mad

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Pretty much.

I hated seeing him on the Fox set prior to bowl games.

I have yet to hear one person say that they appreciated his insight on anything.
Spoken like a true Longhorn fan.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Spoken like a true Longhorn fan.
Has nothing to do with that.

It has to do with the fact that he isn't all that intelligent nor is he insightful about the game.

He may have built a top flight program in his day, but he can't offer any information of value when talking about today's game whether college or pro.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is purely arbitrary to dismiss his accomplishments hillbilly or no. Make no difference whether he is personally regarded, his records will still be there.
Respect for his accomplishments does not have much to do with respecting his opinion on anything.

There are lots of great coaches in the history of football. That does not mean it translates much beyond their particular compartmentalized areas of success.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And, LT's Oklahoma homer side rears it's nasty head.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Has nothing to do with that.

It has to do with the fact that he isn't all that intelligent nor is he insightful about the game.

He may have built a top flight program in his day, but he can't offer any information of value when talking about today's game whether college or pro.
As far as you know but that is your personal assessment without the benefit of actually knowing what he knows about the game. You don't lose knowledge simply because you get older.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And, LT's Oklahoma homer side rears it's nasty head.
Yes I am a homer but the issue is what Switzerland accomplished. That's a matter of record and has nothing to do with me being a homer. It stands on its own.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Respect for his accomplishments does not have much to do with respecting his opinion on anything.

There are lots of great coaches in the history of football. That does not mean it translates much beyond their particular compartmentalized areas of success.
Maybe so but on the other hand the accomplishments are prima faca evidence that he knows something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes I am a homer but the issue is what Switzerland accomplished. That's a matter of record and has nothing to do with me being a homer. It stands on its own.
You are just trying too hard to defend him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

You must be typing from a phone because this is what my phone auto corrected to when I was spelling his name.
Typing on a Kindle without being careful to edit or proofread.

Top Bottom