2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Trump wins, the movie Idiocracy becomes the most prophetic motion picture of all time.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Like I said, this is a shitshow. A total embarrassment to anyone with a partially functional brain. Even the most minimally informed voter should be insulted by this RNC. Trump is the most ignorant and unqualified presidential candidate that I've ever seen, and I didn't feel that either W or Obama were qualified. But holy shit, those two fools have forgotten more about governing than Trump will ever know.

Newt

DCC 4Life
If Trump wins, the movie Idiocracy becomes the most prophetic motion picture of all time.
You don't need trump to win for that to be true, its already happened.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
A meme to rule them all:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump is really showing he doesn't know how to put on a show. This whole RNC has been a colossal crap fest.

It wouldn't have taken much to get a foothold on Clinton. This is pathetically sad.

Nothing like watching a bunch no rhythm white people sway out of tune with the shitty motherfucking music.
:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Leaked emails show how Democrats screwed Sanders

By Daniel Halper

July 22, 2016 | 5:35pm

A top Democratic Party official tried to use Bernie Sanders’ religious beliefs to hurt his presidential campaign, according to a startling internal email.

The suggestion of undercutting Sanders based on religion is included in one of 19,252 hacked emails dumped Friday — just ahead of Democratic convention in Philadelphia — by WikiLeaks. The emails appear to have been stolen by the hacker “Guccifer 2.0.”

In one disturbing email dated May 5, 2016 with the subject line “No s–t,” the chief financial officer of the Democratic National Committee, Brad Marshall, plotted how to try to portray Sanders, who is Jewish, as an atheist.

“It might [make] no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief,” Marshall wrote, apparently referring to Sanders’ run just ahead of the Kentucky and West Virginia primaries.

“Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist,” Marshall said.

“This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and atheist.”
“My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and atheist.”

- DNC official Brad Marshall

The chief executive officer at the DNC, Amy Dacey, responded with a single word email: “Amen.”

Marshall told The Intercept website that he didn’t recall the sleazy email.

But then he claimed it wouldn’t have been about Sanders.

“I can say it would not have been Sanders. It would probably be about a surrogate,” Marshall said, without explaining why the DNC would try to slime a Sanders surrogate.

The DNC was supposed to be neutral in its party primary between Hillary Clinton and the Vermont senator.

But the latest batch of emails confirms the party establishment was in the tank for Clinton well before the primary had been decided by voters.

And top DNC officials were not happy when they were called out for taking sides.

DNC chief Debbie Wasserman Schultz sent an email to NBC anchor Chuck Todd complaining about MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski, who was calling on her to step down.

The heading read: “Chuck, this must stop!”

Wasserman Schultz said she wasn’t confident that a meeting with the anchor would go well.

“She’s already served as a judge and jury without even bothering to talk to me. Not sure why I should trust having a conversation with her would make any difference. Or that she even matters, to be frank,” she said in a May 19, 2016 message.

In another email dated May 21, 2016l, DNC press secretary Mark Paustenbach wrote to communications director Luis Miranda suggesting they plant a story that Sanders’ campaign was in chaos.

“Specifically, [Wasserman Schultz] had to call Bernie directly in order to get the campaign to do things because they’d either ignored or forgotten to something critical,” Paustenbach wrote.

“It’s not a DNC conspiracy, it’s because they never had their act together.”

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But the latest batch of emails confirms the party establishment was in the tank for Clinton well before the primary had been decided by voters.

That was pretty obvious from the jump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The DNC starts today with a bang even before the gavel is slammed. Then we hear that Obama's half brother has jumped ship in favor of Trump. This should prove interesting.

data

Forbes #1
That's a good one. If your approval rate goes below 67%, though, I can't give you my vote.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I am simply describing what appears to have occurred. The party line politicians aren't wild about the outcome and some have chosen to take the low road rather than line up with the outcome. They just can't accept what has happened.
It's America, voting is our most powerful tool to make change. I commend anyone even a republican for standing by what they believe and when they cast their vote they vote their conscience. Those who line up behind the D or the R are not doing anyone any favors. They are in fact perpetuating our broken political system.

That said, Ted Cruz is a smarmy asshat, but not for what he did at the RNC just in general.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's America, voting is our most powerful tool to make change. I commend anyone even a republican for standing by what they believe and when they cast their vote they vote their conscience. Those who line up behind the D or the R are not doing anyone any favors. They are in fact perpetuating our broken political system.

As for Cruz, he was already a poison pup with the system, now the public has seen him for what he is.

That said, Ted Cruz is a smarmy asshat, but not for what he did at the RNC just in general.
Where else can you line up except a D or an R? Even if the candidate doesn't espouse the party line they are affiliated with, chances are the end result will be either a D or R who wins the office. If a voter chooses to vote for an independent candidate they may get the satisfaction of voting their conscience but chances are the vote will be for naught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom