2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So you think in your picture if he just extended his arms he would catch the ball? Because he clearly would not.
Who knows if he would have caught the ball. Its a sure bet he wouldn't catch it with the way he is positioned with his arms semi reaching. He obviously isn't competing for the ball. By all appearances he is simply waiting for the ball to get to him. That's the way he plays.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So you think in your picture if he just extended his arms he would catch the ball? Because he clearly would not.
Nope, but if he has actually jumped to try to high-point the ball he would have had a chance at least. Which is kinda what said to begin with.

Cotton

Staff member
Who knows if he would have caught the ball. Its a sure bet he wouldn't catch it with the way he is positioned with his arms semi reaching. He obviously isn't competing for the ball. By all appearances he is simply waiting for the ball to get to him. That's the way he plays.
Pretty much.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You manipulative little bitch. I said *I* would take him as a 6th round ST player. I knew where he would go, or at least where he was projected to go.

And, I can't find it, but at least a couple of you jackwagons were downplaying body catching as a negative.
There is a reason for that.:lol

Cotton

Staff member

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Part of me is excited because I think he is a good player. But the other part of me is wondering why basically every NFL team hates him after dealing with him for a short time. Which then makes me think he is a waste of time.

Cotton

Staff member
Part of me is excited because I think he is a good player. But the other part of me is wondering why basically every NFL team hates him after dealing with him for a short time. Which then makes me think he is a waste of time.
It would be nice to have another slot CB. Let's Scandrick play out wide more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Carr, Scandrick, Claiborne, Boykin and Anthony Brown would make for the best possible CB depth chart in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member
Carr, Scandrick, Claiborne, Boykin and Anthony Brown would make for the best possible CB depth chart in my opinion.
Terrance Mitchell and especially Olatoye both looked pretty good towards the end of the season. One of them could factor into the depth chart as well.

Cotton

Staff member
It's being reported now that Boykin has a degenerative hip condition.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We need our best guy in the slot where he can cover the most ground, but I agree Scandrick needs to play outside more.

I'm afraid if we play him every down both outside and in the slot like we did Newman that he'll regress to pre-2014 Scandrick under the strain. At 29 he's not old, but certainly not young either.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He wasn't known to be a problem in philly that I know of.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys Waive 3, Sign 3; Signings Include Defensive Lineman Lawrence Okoye
Wednesday, June 08, 2016 10:41 AM CDT

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys made a few changes to their 90-man roster as they wrap up OTAs this week, waiving three players and signing three, including defensive lineman Lawrence Okoye, who has spent time on three NFL rosters since 2013.

Okoye, a London native who represented England in the men’s discus throw at the 2012 Summer Olympics, signed with the 49ers as a rookie free agent in 2013 and has since been on the Cardinals’ and Jets’ practice squads.

The Cowboys also signed linebacker Brandon Hepburn and offensive tackle Bryan Witzmann.

To make room for Okoye, Hepburn and Witzmann, the Cowboys waived defensive end Caleb Azubike, linebacker Jerrell Harris and offensive tackle Justin Renfrow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys Waive 3, Sign 3; Signings Include Defensive Lineman Lawrence Okoye
Wednesday, June 08, 2016 10:41 AM CDT

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys made a few changes to their 90-man roster as they wrap up OTAs this week, waiving three players and signing three, including defensive lineman Lawrence Okoye, who has spent time on three NFL rosters since 2013.

Okoye, a London native who represented England in the men’s discus throw at the 2012 Summer Olympics, signed with the 49ers as a rookie free agent in 2013 and has since been on the Cardinals’ and Jets’ practice squads.

The Cowboys also signed linebacker Brandon Hepburn and offensive tackle Bryan Witzmann.

To make room for Okoye, Hepburn and Witzmann, the Cowboys waived defensive end Caleb Azubike, linebacker Jerrell Harris and offensive tackle Justin Renfrow.
Now those are some exciting names...

Cotton

Staff member
Brandon Boykin says he has no injury issues

Posted by Mike Florio on June 8, 2016, 3:26 PM EDT

CLEVELAND, OH - JANUARY 3: Brandon Boykin #25 celebrates his interception with Antonio Brown #84 of the Pittsburgh Steelers during the fourth quarter against the Cleveland Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium on
Free-agent cornerback Brandon Boykin reportedly has a career-threatening hip injury. Boykin predictably says otherwise.

Via Clarence E. Hill, Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Boykin claims that he has no injury issues. Boykin also said that Steelers defensive backs coach Carnell Lake started the rumor of Boykin having a hip problem.

Whatever the reason, Boykin can’t find another job. Also, during his season in Pittsburgh, Boykin couldn’t find his way onto the field.

Boykin added that his workout with the Cowboys went well, and that he hopes to sign with the team. At this point, Boykin presumably hopes to sign with any team.

Cotton

Staff member
Carnell Lake not exactly backing down from Brandon Boykin comments

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 10, 2016, 6:33 AM EDT

Brandon Boykin’s trying to find work, so naturally he’s not happy about being characterized as having a degenerative injury.

But after the journeyman cornerback fired back at Steelers assistant coach Carnell Lake for spreading rumors about his condition, Lake politely stood by his earlier claims that Boykin had a hip problem.

The story began with Lake telling a group of fans at a fantasy football event that Boykin had a hip problem. That message got picked up by the mainstream media, and combined with Boykin’s sheer number of teams in the last year (three, plus multiple workouts), there was some easy dot-connecting.

Via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Lake didn’t back down from his earlier assessment when asked Thursday.

“Well, I’m going to leave it like I left it,” Lake said. “I’m going to leave all that at the fantasy football camp and you guys can take it and go with it and do what you want with it. But it was what it was. . . .

“I made some comments that I had at fantasy camp and I’m not going to go back on that. I wish Boykin all the best; he helped us when we needed him, and I wish him the best in his career.”

Boykin’s hoping to be signed by the Cowboys, and to prove to NFL teams he’s well enough to help, after being traded by the Eagles, allowed to walk by the Steelers and signed-and-cut by the Panthers.

There may be more to the last stop, as there are suggestions that the comp pick formula came into play in his release by the Panthers, but the reality is, Boykin’s struggling to find work at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom