2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No badmouthing our starting qb.
:lol

:unsure

Yep. Not a fan of the guy and one of the reasons why I don't want any more of them.
Seems like it would make sense to bring him in to at least give our current castoff some competition.

But the roster is set.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mettenberger was claimed by the Chargers where he is reunited with Whisenhunt.

Couldn't have got him even if we wanted him, but we didn't want him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Mettenberger was claimed by the Chargers where he is reunited with Whisenhunt.

Couldn't have got him even if we wanted him, but we didn't want him.
Well yeah the roster is set

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:lol

:unsure

Seems like it would make sense to bring him in to at least give our current castoff some competition.

But the roster is set.
The Titans kept Alex Tanney and Matt Cassel over Mettenberger. Just saying...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Titans kept Alex Tanney and Matt Cassel over Mettenberger. Just saying...
True but I think cutting Mettenberger had more to do with the awkward dynamic of a former starter who lost the compition now sitting as your backup. I'm sure Mettenberger wanted out. Guys like Cassel and Tanney know their place in the NFL.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
True but I think cutting Mettenberger had more to do with the awkward dynamic of a former starter who lost the compition now sitting as your backup. I'm sure Mettenberger wanted out. Guys like Cassel and Tanney know their place in the NFL.
It's good that they do because I sure don't know their place in the NFL except for modeling uniforms.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Could be that, but the guy was kicked out of his first school after catching a misdemeanor sexual battery case. He was considered to have some character red flags going into the draft. Then again, if there was any off the field issues you would think he would have cleared waivers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could be that, but the guy was kicked out of his first school after catching a misdemeanor sexual battery case. He was considered to have some character red flags going into the draft. Then again, if there was any off the field issues you would think he would have cleared waivers.
Yeah, I don't know that his character stuff is a huge red flag but I think he does have a slightly off personality. The kind of guy who maybe doesn't have the right disposition to be leading an NFL team. Some of the same sort of stuff you see pop up with Ryan Mallett. But all the physical talent sort of keeps buying those guys more opportunities.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't see why our QB roster should change, especially for the likes of Mettenberger.

You seriously have to ask why any QB comes free at this point. I'm still reeling from the Weeden and Cassell rapes.

We have the QB of the present in Romo, an immediate depth guy/potential future starter in Prescott, and a run-the-practice-squad, break-glass-in-case-of-emergency castoff in Moore.

There aren't enough reps for two true developmental backup QB's, especially if one of them is a head case.

Dallas made it's near-term choice in Prescott.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Fair point but economics come into it as well and I'm sure that Cassel will cost more to keep. If they thought they had something in Mettenberger, even with Mariota around, I don't think they would just cut him loose three months before training camp.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, I don't know that his character stuff is a huge red flag but I think he does have a slightly off personality. The kind of guy who maybe doesn't have the right disposition to be leading an NFL team. Some of the same sort of stuff you see pop up with Ryan Mallett. But all the physical talent sort of keeps buying those guys more opportunities.
He's kind of the opposite of Moore, not all the intangibles in the world but he's big and has a big arm. He has some playing experience and has played well at times, taking how bad that team is into consideration. Can't blame the Chargers for kicking the tires on the guy given his age and talent.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Word on the street is Jalen Ramsey tore his meniscus. I haven't seen a verification as to which knee is injured. The article I read also pointed out that he had microfracture surgery on his right knee while he was in high school.

Looking like the Cowboys may have dodged and exploding knee bullet. #TBT

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Word on the street is Jalen Ramsey tore his meniscus. I haven't seen a verification as to which knee is injured. The article I read also pointed out that he had microfracture surgery on his right knee while he was in high school.

Looking like the Cowboys may have dodged and exploding knee bullet. #TBT
Jalen Ramsey suffers small meniscus tear in right knee

By Kevin Patra
For the second straight year the Jacksonville Jaguars' first-round pick suffered an injury in May.

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey suffered a small meniscus tear to his right knee during the second phase of on-field workouts, the team announced Thursday. The No. 5 overall pick will get a second opinion on the injury early next week. If the prognosis is positive, he could be back by the start of training camp.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport first reported the development.

Ramsey has not signed a rookie contract with the team yet.

It's déjà vu for Jags fans, who saw 2015 first-round pick Dante Fowler Jr. tear an ACL in the team's first rookie practice last May and miss his entire rookie season. The Jaguars scaled back their rookie workouts this year after Fowler's injury, but it's impossible to completely avoid injury risks.

Many draft analysts considered Ramsey the best player in the entire 2016 draft. The 6-foot-1 corner boasts the size and speed to play anywhere in the secondary. Some considered him a safety with the size potential to be a hybrid player.

Ramsey was slotted to start at corner for Jacksonville, creating a solid trio with Davon House and free-agent pickup Prince Amukamara. The extent of Ramsey's injury could shuffle the order to start the season. The hope is the stud rookie will just miss some offseason sessions.

With a potent, young offense and a buffed up, rebuilt defense, Jacksonville is bound to be a trendy pick to leap into the AFC playoff hunt. Ramsey's injury is an early reminder that many components factor into success September through December that can't be predicted in May.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought Ramsey had microfracture on the same knee when he was in high school.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Meniscus is nothing though, can be running again in a couple weeks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Depending it could be a 4-6 month injury supposedly which is why he is getting a second opinion.
A meniscus is just cartridge and will either regenerate or have to be scoped and trimmed. The normal healing time is 6 to 10 weeks for the regeneration of a tear. If it takes longer it is probably something more than a meniscus.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A meniscus is just cartridge and will either regenerate or have to be scoped and trimmed. The normal healing time is 6 to 10 weeks for the regeneration of a tear. If it takes longer it is probably something more than a meniscus.
Well the reports are it is either a 4-6 week injury or a 4-6 month injury depending on severity. He is supposedly getting a second opinion which usually means there is some real concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom