NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't remember Wade ever being a freak athlete. I think he was an above average athlete. When I think freak athlete I think of guys like Lebron, AI, Vince, etc.

Also, Wade had knee issues coming out of college so he's never been an ultra-explosive player. I view him as a guy who got by with his craftiness more so than his athleticism.

As an aside, it's Buddy Hield.

Put some respeck on his name!
Wade was considered that coming out it was the reason he went so high without having a jumper or much of a handle.

Wade never an explosive player?

Now that's just crazy talk, even if you take away Wades great lift Heild has not shown that blazing 1st step or body control of Wade.

Sorry on the name, I should know better.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wade was considered that coming out it was the reason he went so high without having a jumper or much of a handle.

Wade never an explosive player?

Now that's just crazy talk, even if you take away Wades great lift Heild has not shown that blazing 1st step or body control of Wade.

Sorry on the name, I should know better.
I think we just have different definitions of what's a freak athlete. But I do agree with you that Wade was a better athlete than Hield.

I just don't recall many instances where Wade has dominated a game with his athleticism.

D

Deuce

Frank Vogel is the new Magic coach. I guess they could have done much worse, so good on them.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Frank Vogel is the new Magic coach. I guess they could have done much worse, so good on them.
I think it's an very good hire for them. They've got some nice young pieces. They just need a little direction. I think they make the playoffs next year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think we just have different definitions of what's a freak athlete. But I do agree with you that Wade was a better athlete than Hield.

I just don't recall many instances where Wade has dominated a game with his athleticism.
The Dallas finals.

And Wade was always known for dunking on guys as a guard.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Dallas finals.

And Wade was always known for dunking on guys as a guard.
He was beastly in that Finals on both ends up the floor. I remember that great game 5 that we pulled out in the end. He had these 2 ridiculous blocks late in the 4th quarter with one of them coming against Tyson Chandler of all people.

Had Lebron not frozen up and choked, they would've won that. But he did freeze up....and well......we all know how it turned out:

:towel

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He was beastly in that Finals on both ends up the floor. I remember that great game 5 that we pulled out in the end. He had these 2 ridiculous blocks late in the 4th quarter with one of them coming against Tyson Chandler of all people.

Had Lebron not frozen up and choked, they would've won that. But he did freeze up....and well......we all know how it turned out:

:towel
I thought he meant the first time around.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I thought he meant the first time around.
I don't recall Wade dominating because of his athleticism in that first Finals, but I do recall some amazing performances from him physically the 2nd time.

The first time was a combination of a young star in the making doing great basketball thing combined with the refs being ridiculously one-sided with their calls.

Those finals along with the 2002 WCF's between the Lakers and Kings are the most blatant examples I have ever seen of favoritism/preference by an officiating crew.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Interesting scenario:

Sixers trade Okafor to Boston for the #3 pick. Sixers draft Ingram and Dunn.

Sixers lineup:

1. Dunn, Ish Smith
2. Covington, Stauskas
3. Ingram
4. Saric
5. Embiid, Noel

I still prefer Simmons and holding on to Okafor for now. But I have to admit the above scenario is intriguing.

D

Deuce

Interesting scenario:

Sixers trade Okafor to Boston for the #3 pick. Sixers draft Ingram and Dunn.

Sixers lineup:

1. Dunn, Ish Smith
2. Covington, Stauskas
3. Ingram
4. Saric
5. Embiid, Noel

I still prefer Simmons and holding on to Okafor for now. But I have to admit the above scenario is intriguing.
I'm in.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kyle Lowry is a faggot.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For the first time since the start of the 2014-2015 season, I think the Warriors are genuinely in danger of losing a series.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The 95-96 Bulls lost one game leading up to the Finals, which included series against the Ewing Knicks and Shaq/Penny Magic, and then lost 2 in the Finals only after going up 3-0, effectively ending the series. Even if the Warriors go on to win it all I think the magnitude of this ass-whipping is enough to say that they aren't better than that Bulls team at the very least.

I realize it's one game and it sounds ridiculous but all-time great teams don't lose by 30+ in the conference finals in a tight series.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The 95-96 Bulls lost one game leading up to the Finals, which included series against the Ewing Knicks and Shaq/Penny Magic, and then lost 2 in the Finals only after going up 3-0, effectively ending the series. Even if the Warriors go on to win it all I think the magnitude of this ass-whipping is enough to say that they aren't better than that Bulls team at the very least.

I realize it's one game and it sounds ridiculous but all-time great teams don't lose by 30+ in the conference finals in a tight series.
Yup.

I said the same thing to a friend. Not that I ever bought into the nonsense that this's was the greatest team ever, but the Bulls absolutely dominated in the playoffs that year and the losses to the Sonics I thought were more due to taking their foot off the gas pedal than anything else.

The Warriors were run out of the building last night and looked defeated and lacking confidence from the first half onward. That never happened to the 95-95 Bulls.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't expect Steve Kerr to throw his own guy under the bus, but I'm also surprised that he would say that Green's bush league kick to the balls was inadvertent and the flagrant should be rescinded.

If anything, that douchebag should be suspended for game 4.

Carp

DCC 4Life

:lol

I expect a Rose is more talented than Curry post soon.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:lol

I expect a Rose is more talented than Curry post soon.
He was at one point but that ship, any ship that had Rose as the perennial All-Star/MVP candidate that he once was has sailed.

Doesn't have anything to do with this Warriors team not being the greatest of all time/better than that Bulls team/whatever other superlatives that have been thrown around about them over the last 6 months.

Top Bottom