Archive - Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Completely disagree. If we traded Leary, then had a major injury to Collins, we turn to Bernadeau - a former starter and a guy with whom we can get by. The Eagles are much thinner at corner. They traded Boykin and are already counting on a rookie who they HOPED would work out. Now I guess they move Carroll or hope Rowe can man the slot...I guess. And all for a conditional 5th. I'd expect we'd get more for Leary.

It's not the same situation at all.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Completely disagree. If we traded Leary, then had a major injury to Collins, we turn to Bernadeau - a former starter and a guy with whom we can get by. The Eagles are much thinner at corner. They traded Boykin and are already counting on a rookie who they HOPED would work out. Now I guess they move Carroll or hope Rowe can man the slot...I guess. And all for a conditional 5th. I'd expect we'd get more for Leary.

It's not the same situation at all.
Yeah let's take 3 huge steps back and put on freakin' Bernedough.

GShock

DCC 4Life
49ers cut Aldon Smith

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 7, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT

Aldon Smith has used up his last chance.

Smith, the talented but troubled 49ers pass rusher who was arrested overnight for DUI, has been released.

There was little doubt that had to happen: The 49ers have given second and third chances to Smith and he has repeatedly made them regret it, and at some point they simply had to say enough is enough.

“This organization has tried very hard to help Aldon fight his issues,” the team said in a statement. “Although he is no longer a member of this team, our support and concern for him will continue.”

In his only season as a full-time starter, in 2012, Smith was a sensational player, finishing the season with 19.5 sacks. But in 2013 he missed five games while in alcohol rehab, and in 2014 he missed nine games because of an NFL suspension. Now his 49ers career is over, and his NFL future is in doubt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/07/49ers-cut-aldon-smith/
The 9ers took Alex Smith over Aaron Rogers.
And Aldon Smith over J.J. Watt.

:laff

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah let's take 3 huge steps back and put on freakin' Bernedough.
I'm not saying it's a situation that you want, but its exact same situation that we would have been in if we had not lucked out With Collins. Its the same back up situation we were in last year, and it worked out just fine. All we're doing now, is hopefully upgrading the starter position and getting rid of a player that we don't need anymore and will lose in free agency eventually.

I get why you would want the best players At a position and then just hoard them just in case you need them.But I don't think, with the salary cap and all, that's the best most efficient use of a resource. Because you're going to lose him To free agency For nothing.

That's a different situation than the Eagles were in. They didn't like the boykins because of his size, and they were hell bent On dumping him. Even though he was probably worth more to them than what they got in return. And now, hopefully it bites them in the ass. The difference is the Eagles were one injury away from really scrambling to fill the position. If we trade Leary, we are not one injury away from scrambling at the position. We have a solid backup. The Eagles left themselves without one.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Steelers lost Shaun Suisham to a torn ACL last night.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or better yet, suggesting Collins could be trade bait.
Imagine how pissed a guy like Collins would be if that happened. You basically can chose any team to sign with and you sign with the Cowboys because you love the organization and basically no other reason. Then they immediately turn around and flip you for a pick. It's like the ultimate dick move.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Good lord. They're talking about this Cam Newton-Josh Norman fight as if it's a major news story.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony McDaniel heads to Tampa

Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2015, 7:06 PM EDT

The Seahawks couldn’t afford defensive tackle Tony McDaniel. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers can.

Per a league source, McDaniel has signed a one-year deal with the Bucs, eight days after being cut by Seattle in the wake of quarterback Russell Wilson and linebacker Bobby Wagner going from six-figure guys to eight-figure tycoons.

McDaniel can make up to $2.5 million, which was the amount of his base salary in Seattle.

McDaniel appeared in 32 regular-season games and six postseason games with the Seahawks over the last two years, starting 34 times. He’ll compete for playing time across from Gerald McCoy, whose presence should make it easier for McDaniel to create some havoc.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

D

Deuce

:lol
I want to laugh, but I'd be that desperate if I were them too.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

I wish nothing but nagging groin pulls for the rest of his life.

D

Deuce

[h=1]
NFL draft will return to Chicago in 2016

Said Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel in an interview with "The Carmen & Jurko Show" on ESPN 1000: "We're going to do the same places, everything is going to be the same, Grant Park, the [Auditorium Theatre]. We made the investments already and upgraded so we'll continue to do it there. The NFL is happy."

Goodell: Are you ready, Bears fan?!?

~crickets~

[/h]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I didn't like the Chicago draft, but I guess it is better than moving it to a more horrid place, like L.A.

Top Bottom