Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tomorrow just can't get here soon enough. I might get my heart ripped out but at least it will be over.
No shit. Usually I am excited, doing a night before mock etc.

I am mentally worn out and I think I just want us to get the shit storm started.

Draft Ramsey. Draft Prescott. Get this shit over with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Not my first choice, but it would beat the hell out of taking Ramsey there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You posted this in two threads?

Okay then.
Well, to be fair that thread you started with the tweet about Dallas looking to move back into the first was the 3rd time it was posted today. :art

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a rumor that Sheldon Rankins in play at 4 for Dallas.
That's certainly a rumor I like. I've always been a big fan of Rankins. I know we don't value the 1 technique in our defense much but Rankins is that all important 3 technique type. And unlike most of the bigger DE's that we move to 3 technique, Rankins would be a beast against both the pass and the run. Plus with the things going on at DE, we can shift Crawford out to play DE while Rankins plays the 3 technique spot.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Myles Jack on his knee injury:

“(The degenerative problems are) there, but it’s nothing extreme,” Jack said on Thursday. “Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery – potentially. Who knows what will happen? Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average.”

Yikes

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Myles Jack on his knee injury:

“(The degenerative problems are) there, but it’s nothing extreme,” Jack said on Thursday. “Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery – potentially. Who knows what will happen? Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average.”

Yikes
Yeah its funny because a few days ago he was basically calling it all made up garbage.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Rich Cimini of ESPN.com is hearing that the Jets have cooled on Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch, suggesting that Lynch is “too boom-or-bust to take a chance in the first round.” Cimini believes it’s more likely that the club will target Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg on day two of the draft.

data

Forbes #1
Rich Cimini of ESPN.com is hearing that the Jets have cooled on Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch, suggesting that Lynch is “too boom-or-bust to take a chance in the first round.” Cimini believes it’s more likely that the club will target Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg on day two of the draft.

Bust-or-bust vs boom-or-bust....hmmm.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Hackenburg starting to get a lotttt of love in the coming weeks and i like it. I like it alot. Move that overrated peice of shit into the first round and push down Lynch/Cook

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
When can we re-open the "Happy Ezekiel Elliott Day" thread??

I feel it's appropriate to do so...

Only because I was right :happydance

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Werder says Jerry thought he had a deal in place to get Lynch, and if he knew what the Broncos gave up, he might have offered more.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My nigga right here. The dude lives like he's 7' tall.

Jakeem Grant's personality shines in conference call, tells media 'You can't hate what you can't get'
By Kevin Nogle  @thephinsider on May 1, 2016, 1:58p 38

The Miami Dolphins drafted wide receiver Jakeem Grant in the sixth round on Saturday. His speed may not be the greatest thing about Grant however, as his personality and confidence dominated his introductory conference call.

 TWEET SHARE (9)
The Miami Dolphins spent the 2016 Draft targeting specific prospects, looking to add players who new head coach Adam Gase feels will fit his system. While much of the free agency period had been spent on the team addressing the defensive side of the ball, the offense took center stage for most of the Draft, including in the sixth round, when the team selected Texas Tech wide receiver, Jakeem Grant.

Grant met with the media shortly after his selection on Saturday night, and he was not shy about his expectations this season. "I definitely think I can play receiver, and I definitely will be the return guy," Grant stated. "I feel like I can do the same exact role I did at Texas Tech there at Miami."

Slipping into the sixth round, Grant's biggest issue was his lack of size. The NFL listed him at 5-fooot, 5-3/4 inches, but Grant does not necessarily agree with that the measurement is accurate when he is on the field. "Yes, they had me at 5'5 ¾" but I always tell people that I'm 5'6 ½" because you never going anywhere without shoes on," Grant explained, laughing. "You never see me playing a game in my bare feet, so I always tell people I'm 5'7 because you never know how tall I am once I step on the field."

WHEN THEY TOLD ME I RAN A 4.3, I WAS TICKED OFF, BECAUSE THAT'S SLOW TO ME.
While his size may have been a factor in Miami being able to pick him in the sixth round, his speed is probably what cemented his position as a draftable prospect. "A lot of teams clocked me at 4.1 (seconds). They said a 4.3 would have been labor time or whatever that is. I definitely feel like a 4.3 is definitely not my speed. I feel like if I would run a 40 (-yard dash) over and over again, (I would) tell guys that I don't run a 4.3, because ... When they told me I ran a 4.3, I was ticked off, because that's slow to me."

Grant clearly lacks no confidence when it comes to what he will bring to Miami. "I have faith in myself," he told the media. "I feel like once you get the ball in my hands, there's nobody that can stop me. With God being behind me and then after my back bone (injury), I haven't had any injuries off the field. I'm as healthy as a horse. I'm fast. I'm quick even if I don't have the size. But you can't hate what you can't get."

"I'm confident, self-motivated, and that's just the type of guy I am," Grant continued. "I'll continue to show people that and show them that I don't wish that I'm bigger than I am. I commend my size; I love my size. And I feel like I'm not blessed with the height but I'm blessed in other areas that some guys do not have."

Grant, who says he is a punt and kick returner, also sees himself as a receiver in Miami's offense, "I feel like I could fit in as a slot guy on the roster. Yes, there's going to be competition, it's a competitive sport and I'm looking to go in with a chip on my shoulder. I've been that way my whole life and I'm going to continue to do that. That's never going to go away."

The Dolphins will be hoping that Grant's talent and big-play potential will be as evident when the season starts as is Grant's personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom