Saints Stuff...

Carp

DCC 4Life
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

ST. LOUIS -- Unprompted after Sunday’s 34-31 win against the St. Louis Rams, cornerback Orlando Scandrick brought up what happened to the Dallas Cowboys the last time they saw the New Orleans Saints.

"We’ve got a hell of a challenge on our hands next week," Scandrick said. "Guys have got to dig down deep and remember that feeling walking out of the Superdome last year. They embarrassed us. The team embarrassed us. They beat us in every phase of the game. Kicking, offense, defense, coaching, they beat us. They embarrassed us. We’ve got to figure out a way to come out and prepare and be ready to win.”

For those who forgot what happened last year at the Superdome, the Saints won 49-17. Oh, the Cowboys had a 10-7 lead, but the Saints scored the next 28 points.

The Drew Brees-led offense put up 625 yards, the most the Cowboys allowed in a game just two weeks after they allowed 623 to the Detroit Lions. New Orleans set an NFL-record with 40 first downs. They held the ball for 39 minutes, 32 seconds.

The Cowboys had just nine first downs and 193 yards total offense.

"I don’t know that I’ve been humbled like that in a long time," tight end Jason Witten said. "That was a game, just nothing you can even say. You’re embarrassed. You’re disappointed. You’re frustrated. Going into the bye it seemed like those two weeks took a long time. Can’t make it more than what it is. We just didn’t play very well. Obviously that film’s going to be something that’s got to be a learning tool for us."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Love hearing players say what they did there. Now let's hope it translates to the field.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This game may be a little closer because we'll stay committed to the run and slow the game down a bit, but I don't see where we're going to get many stops.

Yesterday's performance from the defense was awful in all 3 phases. The line was bad, the LB's were crap, and the DB's sucked. We didn't force a single punt in the entire game and didn't show that we could stop them from moving the ball.

Yes, we got turnovers, but the defense didn't really show that they could stifle the Rams offense. If if that average unit with a nobody QB could do that, then what are the Saints going to do?

This one could get ugly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Austin Davis lit up this turd defense. Lord knows what Brees will do.

I smell rape.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I smell rape.
Not to mention Graham.

We couldn't stop Walker and then we had trouble with Cook. Graham is gonna have 100 by halftime if they play him like they did the other two.

Newt

DCC 4Life
The Saints haven't been running on all cylinders yet this season and I'm afraid things are going to kick in this week. I don't see us being able to stop them in the passing game, we have no match for Jimmy Graham and Brees is deadly when given time. There was very little pressure on Austin Davis yesterday, and he looked pretty good for most of the game, Brees will eat up that soft man coverage and patch work zones. I still hate how soft our coverage is at the snap, we are giving free releases to receivers and they are getting open before we can generator any pass rush.

Watching Seattle and Denver yesterday made me very jealous. We don't have anywhere near the type of talent those teams have, especially defensively. Seattle is so fast to the ball and they play hard every snap. Not to say our guys aren't trying, because I think they are, its just not gonna be enough when we play good teams.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There was very little pressure on Austin Davis yesterday, and he looked pretty good for most of the game, Brees will eat up that soft man coverage and patch work zones. I still hate how soft our coverage is at the snap, we are giving free releases to receivers and they are getting open before we can generator any pass rush.
It seems as if Carr has replaced Terence Newman as the obligatory CB who must give 10 yards of cushion on every down.

It's only a matter of time before teams catch on as they did with Newman where they would take the free slant every time.

I have no idea why coaches allow their DB's to play 10 yards off on a 3rd and fricking 2.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This game may be a little closer because we'll stay committed to the run and slow the game down a bit, but I don't see where we're going to get many stops.

Yesterday's performance from the defense was awful in all 3 phases. The line was bad, the LB's were crap, and the DB's sucked. We didn't force a single punt in the entire game and didn't show that we could stop them from moving the ball.

Yes, we got turnovers, but the defense didn't really show that they could stifle the Rams offense. If if that average unit with a nobody QB could do that, then what are the Saints going to do?

This one could get ugly.
I'll be surprised if we stay committed to the run. I'm guessing we'll feel like we need to score a lot and therefore will need to throw a lot to keep up with the Saints.

Cotton

Staff member
Not to mention Graham.

We couldn't stop Walker and then we had trouble with Cook. Graham is gonna have 100 by halftime if they play him like they did the other two.
I have Graham in the DCC league. :towel

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
I'll be surprised if we stay committed to the run. I'm guessing we'll feel like we need to score a lot and therefore will need to throw a lot to keep up with the Saints.
I don't know, man. We stayed committed to it down 21 with Murray only getting 3 yards and fumbling once up to that point. Linehan is impressing me so far this year. His playcalling for the most part has been good.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't know, man. We stayed committed to it down 21 with Murray only getting 3 yards and fumbling once up to that point. Linehan is impressing me so far this year. His playcalling for the most part has been good.
Yea....I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually have faith that we're going to stay committed to the run no matter what. If we did it yesterday, then I can't see why wouldn't do it vs New Orleans.

If we try to match them score for score, we're going to commit turnovers and fall behind by too much. We need to slow this one down and hope the defense can pull a stop out of their ass here and there and keep the Saints offense from getting into rhythm. Or at least, keep them from getting into a rhythm long enough so that we can stay close till the end.

Unfortunately, I don't think this defense stands a chance.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I hope Jerry is ready for a black and gold stadium. The Saints usually travel well to Dallas. I can't imagine what its going to look like after the publicity San Francisco got.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I smell rape.
Took the words straight out of my mouth. It will be fugly beyond imagining.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hope Jerry is ready for a black and gold stadium. The Saints usually travel well to Dallas. I can't imagine what its going to look like after the publicity San Francisco got.
I bet Carolina Panthers Central is outraged over the back and yellow in their stadium last night.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not to be overdramatic but this is the type of game a team sitting at 2-1 wins if they have any type of real playoff aspirations, especially a team like ours that has bumbled around 8-8 for 3 years in a row and has struggled gaining traction.

The Saints are a better team but they aren't an impossible team to beat, we're at home, primetime game, they embarrassed last year under the exact same circumstances and it's a chance to get a jump on the wild card, and probably tie the Eagles for 1st place assuming they lose to the Niners.

Being 3-1 would feel a whole lot different than 2-2. If we're 3-1 we have a strong chance of going 4-1 with a winnable game against Houston the next week, and possibly breaking out of this 8-8 cycle from the past few years. At 2-2 you have to imagine it looks like more of the same, with us probably being 3-3 after playing Houston and Seattle.

With that said, we likely lose.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not to be overdramatic but this is the type of game a team sitting at 2-1 wins if they have any type of real playoff aspirations, especially a team like ours that has bumbled around 8-8 for 3 years in a row and has struggled gaining traction.

The Saints are a better team but they aren't an impossible team to beat, we're at home, primetime game, they embarrassed last year under the exact same circumstances and it's a chance to get a jump on the wild card, and probably tie the Eagles for 1st place assuming they lose to the Niners.

Being 3-1 would feel a whole lot different than 2-2. If we're 3-1 we have a strong chance of going 4-1 with a winnable game against Houston the next week, and possibly breaking out of this 8-8 cycle from the past few years. At 2-2 you have to imagine it looks like more of the same, with us probably being 3-3 after playing Houston and Seattle.

With that said, we likely lose.
Well put and I agree totally.

This is the type of game that puts a stamp on your season, The embarrassment alone should have them playing at a high level.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Saint's lost to the Browns last week. Just sayin.....

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This game is the turning point of the season.

Saints can get well against our defense and break their road losing streak, or Garrett and Romo can prove that they are winners who deserve at least one more shot at the NFL playoffs.

Factors working for us: Saints are an average road team and have been bad this season.

Factors working against us: ATT Stadium provides perfect passing conditions and will appear like a home game to the Saints.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Saints in another route, 43-20.

Top Bottom