2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Not that I support rioters, but you know Trump was going to say all this was rigged if he lost right? Do you think things would be going nearly this well if Trump had lost, and inevitably taken to Twitter (like he did after Cruz won Iowa) and called everyone a cheater?

If Trump loses in 4 years and refuses to accept the results of the election, get ready. A few protestors will look positively adorable.
You honestly think his Middle America base is going to make people getting yanked out of their cars and beaten to a pulp "look adorable?"

Let's say his white nationalist fringe supporters go berserk. Do you really think there is enough of them to cause problems in major cities all over the nation. I don't see it.

What you'd probably get would look like the average Tea Party protest: a bunch of older white people sitting in lawn chairs outside public buildings.

2233boys

Not So New Member
While what you say about PA is true, it has been trending Democrat for several cycles. Part of that is the Philly suburbs have gone from leaning republican to leaning democrat. Trump taking PA was a pretty big surprise. McGinnty was supposed to beat Toomey, too, and that also surprisingly didn't happen.
I was shocked she didn't beat Toomey. PA is stupid andPA hillbillies are the worst. I am related to quite a few.

My brother-in-law said protesters should have their citizenship revoked?

Idiots

2233boys

Not So New Member
While what you say about PA is true, it has been trending Democrat for several cycles. Part of that is the Philly suburbs have gone from leaning republican to leaning democrat. Trump taking PA was a pretty big surprise. McGinnty was supposed to beat Toomey, too, and that also surprisingly didn't happen.
Although Democrats picked the wrong candidate with McGinnty too.

She is shady, had the chance to speak to her and came away unimpressed and feeling dirty. I voted for her in the general but I was a Fetterman supporter in the primary.

townsend

Banned
You honestly think his Middle America base is going to make people getting yanked out of their cars and beaten to a pulp "look adorable?"

Let's say his white nationalist fringe supporters go berserk. Do you really think there is enough of them to cause problems in major cities all over the nation. I don't see it.

What you'd probably get would look like the average Tea Party protest: a bunch of older white people sitting in lawn chairs outside public buildings.
Are you referencing this?

http://www.snopes.com/black-mob-beats-white-man-for-voting-trump/

Because scouring the internet I haven't been able to find evidence of someone actually being injured during the anti-Trump protests.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't think its funny that this could turn into a real thing, don't like somebody?

Call them in as an illegal just to fuck with them.

Because hey it's funny and stuff.

Illegal immigration is still ILLEGAL

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think people underestimated how unpopular Clinton was. I think liberals saw her as George W Bush, and conservatives saw her as Barack Obama. She tanked the entire democrat ticket.

I think the book of revelations summarizes the mood of the nation:

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Apparently so because I seem to remember you had her as a shoo in. And not to be tacky but there is no s on The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

townsend

Banned
Apparently so because I seem to remember you had her as a shoo in. And not to be tacky but there is no s on The Revelation of Jesus Christ.
You mean the book of Apocalypse written by John of Patmos that Jesus Christ didn't have one fucking thing to do with, and was largely considered apocryphal by much of the early church but narrowly made its way into canon.
I didn't realize you could Grammar police a book of the Bible that was invented before the English language. You realize Jesus isn't correct right? What you actually mean is Yeshwah.

As far as Clinton is concerned, I did greatly overestimate her chances. I expected liberals to turn out en masse to defeat an existential threat like Trump, I expected evangelicals to reject a man who stands for everything they pretend to dislike, I expected white women to reject a man who treats them like objects, and I expected the whole country to not vote for a con man who wouldn't even release his tax returns. I overestimated the country.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I believe he was referring to the song Revelations by Iron Maiden, which does indeed have an 's' on the end.

Genghis Khan

Although Democrats picked the wrong candidate with McGinnty too.

She is shady, had the chance to speak to her and came away unimpressed and feeling dirty. I voted for her in the general but I was a Fetterman supporter in the primary.
Yep, half the reason I voted at all was to vote for Toomey. I only voted for 2 republicans, Toomey and the attorney general candidate whose name escapes me, and the rest independent. But I liked that Toomey distanced himself from Trump. And yeah I can't stand mcginnty so I'm pretty happily surprised she lost.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I believe he was referring to the song Revelations by Iron Maiden, which does indeed have an 's' on the end.
But the quote is from the Bible reference of the churches and in particular the Laodician church.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Nice try on trying to clean it up.

But your bigoted comments were plain to see.

And you made it personal and I will continue the same.

Fuck you.:flip
I don't need to clean anything up to satisfy you. I just added to what I had said earlier. There are blacks (and other people of all races) that voted for him to make him the first black president. You can't be so naive to not know that. For some it may be as CRock said, but for some it was as simple as skin color.
You have already made it clear numerous times over that a salient point of disagreement can easily sit as racism or bigotry with you. Has been ever since I've been here. I never directed anything at you personally or claimed you voted for Obama solely because he was black, but if you want to take on that mantle for those that did, so be it.

Nice way to use your words BTW. Do you want a safe place of your own?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Fortsbest's post there was pretty fucked up and not reality in any meaningful way.
How so? There were black people who posted videos etc of how proud they were of it, that voted for him to make him the first black president. There are people of every color who have done it, but in this case more blacks voted in the elections that Obama was in and for him that either hadn't voted before or hadn't cared to in a long time. How is what I said f***ed up?

Jiggs can disagree with it and so can you. But I didn't put it on him personally, Also, I remember all the videos I saw posted by blacks that said just that. NO insult in it, just the way it was. Understandable even.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't need to clean anything up to satisfy you. I just added to what I had said earlier. There are blacks (and other people of all races) that voted for him to make him the first black president. You can't be so naive to not know that. For some it may be as CRock said, but for some it was as simple as skin color.
You have already made it clear numerous times over that a salient point of disagreement can easily sit as racism or bigotry with you. Has been ever since I've been here. I never directed anything at you personally or claimed you voted for Obama solely because he was black, but if you want to take on that mantle for those that did, so be it.

Nice way to use your words BTW. Do you want a safe place of your own?
Fuck You.

Again.:flip

It's nice that you finally showed your true colors, your hair has been on fire for Obama's entire presidency, now we know why?

Jiggyfly

Banned
How so? There were black people who posted videos etc of how proud they were of it, that voted for him to make him the first black president. There are people of every color who have done it, but in this case more blacks voted in the elections that Obama was in and for him that either hadn't voted before or hadn't cared to in a long time. How is what I said f***ed up?

Jiggs can disagree with it and so can you. But I didn't put it on him personally, Also, I remember all the videos I saw posted by blacks that said just that. NO insult in it, just the way it was. Understandable even.
Now its some instead of most, keep backtracking you will get there eventually.:flip

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Really?

That was essentially I know I am but what are you.

But hey whatever moves ya.
Take your burn like a man. That was funny.

Genghis Khan

How so? :rofl

You said "most" blacks voted for Obama because he is black.

Sorry but that's retarded. And pretty racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom