Music Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Back in the old days...

Me===>
<===You
Yeah, I had a rough go of it for awhile. Thanks for being that back up, you heartless bastard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I had a rough go of it for awhile. Thanks for being that back up, you heartless bastard.
I take the same approach with my children.

I can give them advice, but when they screw up and lose their way, I can help them pick up the pieces.

With love and head noogies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I remember back on DCC II or maybe III, you suggested stuff like this and I have been listening ever since:

Never would have heard or considered them, as I am not a music buff that seeks out new stuff all the time.

I don't listen to radio either, so I couldn't tell you who the eff is really good right now.

I kind of stumble upon stuff or let Spotify do the work for me when I am in the mood.

Cool, I'm glad, that song is awesome.

Here's a fun fact that Iamtdg probably doesn't know: Pull Me Under is about Hamlet.

Cotton

Staff member
Cool, I'm glad, that song is awesome.

Here's a fun fact that Iamtdg probably doesn't know: Pull Me Under is about Hamlet.
You are wrong. I do know that. I also know all the band members have PHDs in music theory.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Coming from a huge fan of the 90's Seattle alternative scene, I never was a very big fan of Nirvana. That is all.
Me neither.

Pearl Jam and STP were far better.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I found STP to be greatly overrated. Actually, that whole grunge era sucked. I do like Pearl Jam...they are a great band, but bands like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, STP, and Soundgarden all were OK in small doses...but not something I would want to listen to regularly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You are wrong. I do know that. I also know all the band members have PHDs in music theory.
I just looked it up and even one of the band members said something about it being related to Hamlet.:shrug

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chris Cornell is the songbird of a generation.
Outside of the Stepbrothers reference, he was one of the best a shitty 1990s time period, yeah, he was pretty decent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Grunge era should resonate with me, but it just doesn't.

There are very few songs from that period that I would consider good enough to put in a time capsule.

Cotton

Staff member
I just looked it up and even one of the band members said something about it being related to Hamlet.:shrug
It is about Hamlet. I wasn't debating that fact. I was debating the idea that I might not know this fact.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I put "Nutshell" up there in the great songs category for sure.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The best stuff Cornell did was with Audioslave.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I kind of like this band. Has a bit of a 90s throwback feel to them. This particular song feels an awful lot like a Built To Spill song to me.

I think this may have been kind of a hit but I don't listen to the radio much at all. Good song. Not necessarily representative of their overall musical style though.

Cool song by indie rock vets. Hadn't heard it in a long time but listened to it again recently and remembered how good it is.

This band does almost exclusively instrumental semi trippy Spaghetti Western style stuff. Different but I like it and have found it to be good traveling music.

This guy has some pretty good songs. This is one of them, IMO.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
This band is a lot of fun to see live. Jazz Fusiony.

Another jazzy/funky instrumental that is worth seeing live.

Cool MF'ing song from the Black Dynamite soundtrack. Funky and smooth and makes me temporarily curse my whiteness when I listen to it.

Since I know there are so many people on this board who enjoy going to sweaty, boozy rock shows in crowded small venues (:unsure) I would highly recommend seeing Austin's A Giant Dog if they come to your town. I'm seeing them tomorrow night.

Top Bottom