Watkins: Three Cowboys near top of Pro Bowl voting

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Three Cowboys near top of Pro Bowl voting

December, 4, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, inside linebacker Sean Lee and free safety Barry Churchare among the leaders at their respective positions in fan voting for the 2014 Pro Bowl.

Hatcher, who leads the Cowboys with nine sacks, and enters a free-agency year has 224,873 votes. Lee, second on the team in tackles with 93 and the team leader with four interceptions, received 193,027 votes. Church, the leading-tackler with 101, picked up 87,634 votes.

The Pro Bowl balloting concludes Dec. 26 with the players being announced Dec. 27.

There will be no more NFC and AFC Pro Bowl teams. Instead players will be assigned to teams through a first-ever Pro Bowl draft regardless of conference. The game will be played Jan. 26 in Honolulu.

Fans, coaches and players will each have their vote count as one-third for the teams which consists of 86 players. The players and coaches vote on Dec. 23-26.

Other Cowboys under strong consideration for the team include left tackle Tyron Smith, tight end Jason Witten, wide receiver Dez Bryant, cornerback Orlando Scandrick and quarterback Tony Romo.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Barry fricking Church?? Proof that Pro bowl voting is a steaming heap of crap

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
well, in that case hopefully we can trade this pro bowl safety...for a real one

superpunk

Banned
Church is honestly not a bad choice at FS, which is where he's listed. Production wise he is one of the best in the league. He has more tackles than any FS in the league by a mile, and his 4 turnovers (3 FFs, 1 INT) only rank behind Mike Mitchell (6) and Earl Thomas (6). He's having a pro-bowl year at his position, which happens to be a position without many marquis players. I'd go those three and Charles Woodson.

jester

Brand New Member
Church is honestly not a bad choice at FS, which is where he's listed. Production wise he is one of the best in the league. He has more tackles than any FS in the league by a mile, and his 4 turnovers (3 FFs, 1 INT) only rank behind Mike Mitchell (6) and Earl Thomas (6). He's having a pro-bowl year at his position, which happens to be a position without many marquis players. I'd go those three and Charles Woodson.
My eyes were telling me he was having a good year but that was from the perspective of palying on a shat defense. Props to him for his leading stats and to u for brining it to light.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Church has outplayed that punk beotch first round bust.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Swearinger and Barron certainly are worthy.

Top Bottom