Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So far no one has factored that Dallas is playing better and personnel are returning.
Bcause winning 2 games, against bad teams, doesn't really constitute "playing better" to me.

It's not like we scored 35 and shut both teams out. We had to fight for those wins against those bad teams, and I don't see anything particularly impressive about that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I didn't say they were a juggernaut, I just laugh at the notion that Philly just can't go 3-1 but yet we're likely to do just that ourselves.
So look at it on the other side. Why is it so unlikely Dallas will go 3-1, but Philly can? They're both the same record wise, and Dallas will be getting some important pieces back from injury. It's just funny that you poo poo our win against them on their field, minimizing what Dallas has done. But prop up what Philly has done?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Bcause winning 2 games, against bad teams, doesn't really constitute "playing better" to me.

It's not like we scored 35 and shut both teams out. We had to fight for those wins against those bad teams, and I don't see anything particularly impressive about that.
Of course you don't. But if it was Philly that had went in to a hostile stadium and game where a division rival had pinned their seasons hopes and already proclaimed victory, or fought back from 14 down, I'm thinking that they would have been good hardfought, gut check wins for them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So look at it on the other side. Why is it so unlikely Dallas will go 3-1, but Philly can? They're both the same record wise, and Dallas will be getting some important pieces back from injury. It's just funny that you poo poo our win against them on their field, minimizing what Dallas has done. But prop up what Philly has done?
Why is it so unlikely that Dallas goes 3-1 to finish the season?

Uhhhhh....have you been watching this team play the last few years?

Philly is peaking at the moment and is getting better with each week. We're just starting to try and put together a decent streak. One team's defense has improved, the other is still playing poorly. Philly doesn't have to deal with the pressure and mental aspect of being a December choker like Dallas does.

And if that isn't enough, look at Philly's schedule and look at ours. I'd trade those last 4 games with them in a heartbeat.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They should make the playoffs at 9-7. Losses to Chicago and Green Bay and wins over Washington and Philly. Of course the defense might get raped again vs the Eagles, but I don't see that game breaking that wide open with so much on the line.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Of course you don't. But if it was Philly that had went in to a hostile stadium and game where a division rival had pinned their seasons hopes and already proclaimed victory, or fought back from 14 down, I'm thinking that they would have been good hardfought, gut check wins for them.
Nope.

I give them credit for wining 4 straight, something that we apparently are incapable of doing, and for beating a solid Cardinals team that was starting to play some good football themselves.

But that's the beauty of it.....we get to watch these next 4 weeks play out and see who was right and wrong in the end. Personally, I hope I'm wrong and the Cowboys reel off one win after the other and get into the playoffs.......but I know that's not likely.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't give a shit about what happened in the past. I care about what is happening right now. And Dallas is 5-2 in their last 7.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I don't give a shit about what happened in the past. I care about what is happening right now. And Dallas is 5-2 in their last 7.
At the end of November in 2011 you could have said "I only care about what is happening right now and the Cowboys have won 4 in a row and 5 of the last 6". Then they went on to go 1–4 in Dec/Jan.

In 2012 after that big Pittsburgh win you could have said "I only care about what is happening right now and the Cowboys have won 3 in a row and 5 of the last 6". Then they lose both of their final two games to come up short again.

I get it that "it's a different season, you can't expect the same results". That's true if you want to look at it that way but you can also say, hey, this has been a trend with this group (2008 was much the same way). This is a huge "prove it" situation in December and most times the Cowboys have proven that they can't get it done.

Are we forgetting that this is a historically bad defense? It was that way before Lee went down so I don't see him as the savior. The teams left on the schedule are certainly beatable but I'm sure every one of those teams looks at the Cowboys and how their season has gone and says the same thing about them. Assuming that this team can go, say 3–1, and close out the season on top of the division is a big leap of faith, IMO.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Until the team proves otherwise I think that's the only thing you can go by without losing your marbles.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not so sure. That game will be dangerous because it may be the one game left that they care at all about. Their proverbial personal Super Bowl.
It could be, but that's a game I think we win. I'd be much more inclined to bet that we choke in the finale against Philly.

I think we'll split the next two, then beat Washington. So we'll be 9-6 heading into the last game versus Philly. That's my guess.

That game is a toss up, but gun to my head, having already been 5-0 against the division, being at home.... I think we win.

I could see it going either way but right now I think this team can do it. Of course, I would not be surprised in the slightest if we don't.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They might be 3-8, but they are still trying, so this idea that they're just gonna lay down for us is foolish.
I don't think they'll lay down, like a total quit job, and let us run all over them, but the team is just a mess. I don't think they're capable of giving us a knock out punch. They might slog through a sloppy, underachieving game, and take advantage of a key Romo interception or Bryant fumble, or some blown coverage on our end, but I don't think the Skins have the ability to get up that much at this point. They are a beaten down team.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Only Philly progresses, not Dallas.
To be fair, we have a history of regressing, they have a history of finishing strong. Though it was under a different coaching staff.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

The rally cry of the 'realist'.
It's legitimate sometimes. You can think the team won't win but hope they do.

In Ace's case, it belies what he said like, last week. That he hopes they lose so they fire Garrett.

So in this case, it's not really true that he hopes they win. That, or he was lying about hoping they lose to fire Garrett.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They should make the playoffs at 9-7. Losses to Chicago and Green Bay and wins over Washington and Philly. Of course the defense might get raped again vs the Eagles, but I don't see that game breaking that wide open with so much on the line.
We raped Foles last time we played them...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That wasn't rape. We pressured him well and forced bad throws.

Rape means we picked him off etc.

I do think he is playing better now than he was then. You don't get this far in the season with no INTs by being shitty.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That wasn't rape. We pressured him well and forced bad throws.

Rape means we picked him off etc.

I do think he is playing better now than he was then. You don't get this far in the season with no INTs by being shitty.
He completed 37% of his passes for a total of 80 yards and was eventually knocked out of the game. That is definitely rape. Hell it may even be DP style rape...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually I see Philly as the toughest of the remaining opponents. The offense is balanced and executing well. The last time Foles was struggling with his new role and Dallas concentrated on shutting down McCoy. Foles has found his stride and that has allowed McCoy to be threat again.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He completed 37% of his passes for a total of 80 yards and was eventually knocked out of the game. That is definitely rape. Hell it may even be DP style rape...
Yeah, he was tearing it up before and after our game. But that's overlooked for some reason.

Top Bottom