Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Um....ah...~lip smack~ we was in situations where we thought we needed to process some more points.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Honestly the entire offensive staff needs to be replaced, including Garrett.

Callahan wasn't the main problem. The problem is Garrett was complicit as he just sat back and allowed it to happen, especially the Green Bay and 2nd Eagles game. As HC he has the power to direct the OC to call more run plays. The fact that he just sat back and did nothing confirms to me that he's better suited for the pass happy Arena League than the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly the entire offensive staff needs to be replaced, including Garrett.

Callahan wasn't the main problem. The problem is Garrett was complicit as he just sat back and allowed it to happen, especially the Green Bay and 2nd Eagles game. As HC he has the power to direct the OC to call more run plays. The fact that he just sat back and did nothing confirms to me that he's better suited for the pass happy Arena League than the NFL.
I think it is typical how Callahan is now viewed as the problem.

Uhh...Garrett has called plays like that in the same situations himself.

Despite his lies to the contrary, he does not like to run the football. He just doesn't. It is not like Callahan did anything differently than he would, but he's the guy who gets the demotion and the "privilege" to stick around as OL coach instead of getting a job elsewhere with a real head coach who won't roll him under the bus.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think it is typical how Callahan is now viewed as the problem.

Uhh...Garrett has called plays like that in the same situations himself.

Despite his lies to the contrary, he does not like to run the football. He just doesn't. It is not like Callahan did anything differently than he would, but he's the guy who gets the demotion and the "privilege" to stick around as OL coach instead of getting a job elsewhere with a real head coach who won't roll him under the bus.
Yep. Callahan gets scapegoated despite the fact we had the same issues when Garrett was calling plays. But now that Callahan is "demoted" and replaced by Linehan, plus Marinelli moving up to DC on the other side of the ball, all is now supposedly well.

These small maneuvers are being passed off as big changes when in fact we are just continuing with the status quo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. Callahan gets scapegoated despite the fact we had the same issues when Garrett was calling plays. But now that Callahan is "demoted" and replaced by Linehan, plus Marinelli moving up to DC on the other side of the ball, all is now supposedly well.

These small maneuvers are being passed off as big changes when in fact we are just continuing with the status quo.
These are calculated PR moves, not football moves.

All in all, another smoke and mirror job to sell hope. Again.

He would not be able to sell hope without change.

He's tried the woodshed, making people uncomfortable and the whole nine yards.

Jones hired Linehan to protect his investment in Garrett. Having this illusion of a "power play" is a bonus.

He knows that if he gave a perpetually mediocre head coach an extension, fans would be disgusted...well a lot of them, at least. He promoted Marinelli and kept Kiffin around to make it appear as if there will be a difference.

Fact is, this is a slick way of marketing the status quo as change and I think there are people that will actually fall for it.

Wait until training camp. People will still be chanting his name and asking for his autograph.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
These are calculated PR moves, not football moves.

All in all, another smoke and mirror job to sell hope. Again.

He would not be able to sell hope without change.

He's tried the woodshed, making people uncomfortable and the whole nine yards.

Jones hired Linehan to protect his investment in Garrett. Having this illusion of a "power play" is a bonus.

He knows that if he gave a perpetually mediocre head coach an extension, fans would be disgusted...well a lot of them, at least. He promoted Marinelli and kept Kiffin around to make it appear as if there will be a difference.

Fact is, this is a slick way of marketing the status quo as change and I think there are people that will actually fall for it.

Wait until training camp. People will still be chanting his name and asking for his autograph.
~nail on head smiley~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd say there are no NFL OCs in Texas.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol Broaddus has been bringing it hard lately.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

:lol Broaddus has been bringing it hard lately.
I find your choice of words disturbing.

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

Priorities:

1. Play good football
2. Don't drink, drive and kill people

Welcome back, Mr. Brent

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We would get him and Crawford back. No need for Donald now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom