BBQ Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have tried jerky on it, but it turned out shitty. I'm going to try again. I think I just cooked it too long.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have tried jerky on it, but it turned out shitty. I'm going to try again. I think I just cooked it too long.
Did you marinate the meat overnight? My go to recipe for deer jerky is bottle of worchestershire, half bottle of soy, 1/4 cup of Tony Cachere cajun spice, 1/4 cup of Lawrys season salt, liquid smoke, then coat with fresh cracked pepper.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have a Master Forge. I love it. The only thing I wish I could change is I wish I had bought one with the see-thru door. Other than that, it is awesome. I can smoke 2 large hams at a time on it or 3 chickens.

Mine doesn't have a glass door, either.

I've heard people say they don't like the glass doors, because they don't hold an even temp as well. Especially if you're smoking on a cold/windy day. I'm going to build an exhaust port into my heated garage and install 4" duct from the top so I don't have to go outside. Lazy MFer FTW! :fistpump

Cotton

Staff member
Well, when it's -stupidfuckingcold outside I wouldn't want to go out there either.

Cotton

Staff member
I love the digital features on mine. I get it preheated, put the meat on, add chips and don't have to mess with it again for an hour when I have to add chips again. Mine also has a convenient side loader for the chips so I don't have to open the door and lose heat. I hated myself when I first bought it, but I will probably never smoke anything any other way unless I have to do a ton all at once, then I will go back to my big wood smoker.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oh that's right, I'm not a really BBQ cooler dude because my grill doesn't leak heat like the rest of the poors. lawl

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh that's right, I'm not a really BBQ cooler dude because my grill doesn't leak heat like the rest of the poors. lawl
My smoker doesn't leak heat.

Oh, and it doesn't look like a big ugly T-Rex gallstone, either.

FACE!!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I suffered an injury for mines. I know that counts for something.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Electric smokers are for yuppy fags.

Sorry about your sissiness.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Can one of you guys come help me get this grill out of my truck?

jeebs

Brand New Member
Can one of you guys come help me get this grill out of my truck?
Sure, just provide me with detailed directions to your house and a basic description of the interior layout...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've got my first butt going. Super excited about this.

Threw a few shirt ribs and brats on as well.

I started a little hot...trying to bring it down.

I've got this red-check thing. Wireless temp alarms FTW.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My first smoke was frickin amazing. Short ribs, sausage and a butt.

I needed up smoking the butt for about 20 hours. I used a maverick thermometer with a remote read out. I set the temp alarms and set it by my bed. My temp went out of range a few times. I just got out of bed and adjusted my vents and went back to bed. Pretty dang sweet.

Today I purchased a cyberq for my egg. Basically you can control airflow and get cooker/meat temps remotely via smartphone. It comes with a cooker prob and three meat probs. that enables you to monitor 3 different meats separately. On my XL big green egg I wil be able to cook a crapton of food. I'm pretty stoked about all of this.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Damn, Skid learns to make great BBQ after he hates me. Life is unfair sometimes.

Top Bottom