Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not only do you do what your coaches told you not to, you argue back, get benched and then be a smartass in the pc but don't worry Jerry absolves you
I don't see it that way. Garrett chewed his ass and had him sit a while but he didn't bench Randle because he came back in to the game later.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't see it that way. Garrett chewed his ass and had him sit a while but he didn't bench Randle because he came back in to the game later.
Garrett has already stated he did bench Randle :art

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It was a benching. Just wasn't for the rest of the game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was a benching. Just wasn't for the rest of the game.
That makes it hard to tell from a routine committee change out. I know he climbed on his butt however I wasn't aware he said he benched him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, we really did trade a 5th for a temporary backup. Awesome.
I don't know if I'd go that far. I think the expectation is that we are going to try and get most of our player up to speed after the bye week. Meaning all of our defensive guys should be healthy. Dez will be close to coming back if not ready to go. We could be near full strength at that point and Cassel should have had plenty of time to get acquainted with the offense. Of course it all depends on how Weeden is progressing. He was better against the Saints then he was against the Falcons. If we can just figure out how to get him to loosen up out there and sling the ball maybe he can continue to progress.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did he say he was benched? I missed that.
Yes, and he was clear that it was at least partly because of him not following the direction of the coaches.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not only do you do what your coaches told you not to, you argue back, get benched and then be a smartass in the pc but don't worry Jerry absolves you
Did he really argue back or did he say that to another player or the media.

If he just said this to a reporter I have no real issue if he said it to a coach he should have been benched.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Did he really argue back or did he say that to another player or the media.

If he just said this to a reporter I have no real issue if he said it to a coach he should have been benched.
Yes he actually argued back

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm furious at coaches and scouts who were clearly afraid to challenge the notion that Joseph Randle was some budding superstar the Cowboys had discovered in 2013 and were waiting to unleash upon the NFL. These jokers were on the sidelines looking at Randle going "Shhh" to the cameras.

They wasted an offseason when we could have had Michael (or any legit back) in OTAs, TC, and preseason and figured out whether he was going to contribute or not.

Instead we get Darren McHamstring and end up with two backups who can't convert a 3rd and 1 short of superhuman blocking, struggle through the offseason and make a last-ditch trade for Michael.

You should always hedge your bets when you don't have a strong option, but instead they pandered to Jerry's ego (draft "steal" + former Razerback).

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm furious at coaches and scouts who were clearly afraid to challenge the notion that Joseph Randle was some budding superstar the Cowboys had discovered in 2013 and were waiting to unleash upon the NFL. These jokers were on the sidelines looking at Randle going "Shhh" to the cameras.

They wasted an offseason when we could have had Michael (or any legit back) in OTAs, TC, and preseason and figured out whether he was going to contribute or not.

Instead we get Darren McHamstring and end up with two backups who can't convert a 3rd and 1 short of superhuman blocking, struggle through the offseason and make a last-ditch trade for Michael.

You should always hedge your bets when you don't have a strong option, but instead they pandered to Jerry's ego (draft "steal" + former Razerback).
I don't really even mind the McFadden signing, but relying on him to be the starter or backup starter instead of a 3rd down back (he can block and catch the ball, I'm fine with him taking over Dunbar's role) was the real mistake.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't really even mind the McFadden signing, but relying on him to be the starter or backup starter instead of a 3rd down back (he can block and catch the ball, I'm fine with him taking over Dunbar's role) was the real mistake.
That's just it. They knew he wasn't a starter and signed him anyway just to prove to the fan base they were "on it" when instead they were getting lapped.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And you are getting this from where?

Not accusing you of making anything up just don't trust the media on actually fleshing things out.
Saw it in tweet,will try and find it when I get a chance. Also maybe arguing is too harsh, when Garrett was getting on to him he said something like "but I got six"

Jiggyfly

Banned
Saw it in tweet,will try and find it when I get a chance. Also maybe arguing is too harsh, when Garrett was getting on to him he said something like "but I got six"
Yeah I saw the tweet but they did put it into context.

It was a bonehead move but it seems they might be trying to blow it out of proportion.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah I saw the tweet but they did put it into context.

It was a bonehead move but it seems they might be trying to blow it out of proportion.
How can you tell that they are trying to blow it out of proportion?

Jiggyfly

Banned
How can you tell that they are trying to blow it out of proportion?
Because of not adding the context of everything that was said and painting it as a smart-alecky response.

I don't know but we all know how the media sensationalizes everything just like Dez "Blowing up" on the sideline last year.

But please tell us how you know they are not?

Rev

Staff member
Because of not adding the context of everything that was said and painting it as a smart-alecky response.

I don't know but we all know how the media sensationalizes everything just like Dez "Blowing up" on the sideline last year.

But please tell us how you know they are not?
Didn't say I believe one way or the other.

Hard to get everything on 140 character tweet.

It does sound like something he would do so I would tend to believe it. I mean the stupidest thing you could do in the media is argue and he is a mental midget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom