What Do You Want at #4?

What Do You Want at #4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now whether they can get Zeke or Lynch at that spot is my question.
To me it's easy. If you trade down hoping for Zeke and some crazy team takes him before you, it's really not that tragic. There are other backs in this draft that will be starters in the NFL and behind this line look great. Lynch is a different story though, if you trade down and a team snatches him before you, there really isn't another QB in the draft that makes me feel good about them being a starter down the road. So it just seems a lot riskier moving down for Lynch because of the scarcity of QBs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That looks great. But what if Miami decides to trade up with SF and takes Elliott there? Then we just missed on both Lynch and Elliott. Who do we take then, Bosa?
Sure and their are some great RBs to pick from later. Hell Bosa is the better prospect to Elliott anyway. Missing out on Lynch would be my bigger concern only because of the QB talent you are left picking from.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hell Bosa is the better prospect to Elliott anyway.
Yeah, don't think I agree with that. I think Bosa will be a good, steady player. I think Elliott has the ability to be a game changer. Even on another team without Dallas' Oline.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Elliott has the ability to be a game changer. Even on another team without Dallas' Oline.
Yeah I just don't see Elliott as that type of a transcendent talent but I guess we will see.

D

Deuce

To me it's easy. If you trade down hoping for Zeke and some crazy team takes him before you, it's really not that tragic. There are other backs in this draft that will be starters in the NFL and behind this line look great. Lynch is a different story though, if you trade down and a team snatches him before you, there really isn't another QB in the draft that makes me feel good about them being a starter down the road. So it just seems a lot riskier moving down for Lynch because of the scarcity of QBs.
I actually like Cook quite a bit and if it weren't for the asshole factor, I wouldn't care about trading back up at the tail end of the first or letting him fall to our 2nd. I think he could be a nice QB in the NFL.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah I just don't see Elliott as that type of a transcendent talent but I guess we will see.
He may not be "transcendent", but Bosa almost certainly isn't.

Jiggyfly

Banned
My problem with Elliott isn't that he is a safe pick. I think his bust potential is very low in Dallas. But I think the reason his bust potential is so low in Dallas is because of our offensive line and not because of Elliott. If I'm taking a RB at 4 in the draft I want to see Peterson or LT freakish ability running the ball. I don't see that with Elliott. If you or someone else does, then I can see why you would want him at 4.

But taking a RB just because our offensive line is good just seems silly to me.
I think Elliott is comparable to L.T. who would be probably ranked below Elliott if they came out in the same draft.

I don't think L.T. was a freakish back especially not in Peterson's category.

townsend

Banned
Sure and their are some great RBs to pick from later. Hell Bosa is the better prospect to Elliott anyway. Missing out on Lynch would be my bigger concern only because of the QB talent you are left picking from.
I wouldn't cry if we took Lynch at 4. I don't really think there's that much difference between his value and Bosa/Buckner/Ramsey etc. QBs are like San Francisco real estate right now, impossible for someone from San Francisco to actually acquire.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am kinda getting on the Elliott wagon, just because I don't like the idea of busting out on a pick this high.

I like the idea of Ramsey I think a player like that could really solidify this secondary but I also realize those types have a higher bust factor.

Nobody else excites I see a bunch of ok guys.

I really want a difference maker for the defense and if I go that route I am going for the high updside guys in Ramsey and Bruckner.

D

Deuce

I think Elliott is comparable to L.T. who would be probably ranked below Elliott if they came out in the same draft.

I think Elliott is closer to Leveon Bell. LT was more shifty.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think Elliott is as explosive as LT was. And while I like Elliott I just don't think he runs with as much power as you would expect from a 225 pound back. Now I don't want that to sound like the guy can't run because he certainly can. I think his quickness and change of direction is really good for a back who is 225 pounds for example. But Zeke just looks like a back who is very good at everything but not special at anything. The epitome of solid. Which behind our O-line is plenty to put up studly numbers. But I think behind an average O-line he puts up average numbers. He is not as good of a pure runner as Gurley was last year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think Elliott is as explosive as LT was. And while I like Elliott I just don't think he runs with as much power as you would expect from a 225 pound back. Now I don't want that to sound like the guy can't run because he certainly can. I think his quickness and change of direction is really good for a back who is 225 pounds for example. But Zeke just looks like a back who is very good at everything but not special at anything. The epitome of solid. Which behind our O-line is plenty to put up studly numbers. But I think behind an average O-line he puts up average numbers. He is not as good of a pure runner as Gurley was last year.
He runs with more power than L.T. if you don't see any power in his running I don't know what to say.

As a runner I think he is as good as Hurley he just does not have that combination of speed and power.

Actually for what we run I would much rather have Elliott than Gurley.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

I agree. People joked about my comparing Elliott with Emmitt Smith, but Florida Gator Emmitt wishes he could be OSU Elliott. LT was Emmitt with speed, and Elliott is a bigger LT with similar speed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He runs with more power than L.T. if you don't see any power in his running I don't know what to say.
I didn't say he doesn't have any power. I said I don't think he has as much power as you would expect from a 225 pound guy. Certainly he has more power then LT.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
There is going to be about 3 trades in the top 10 picks so it is legitimately impossible to figure out who we are drafting. I want Bosa/Buckner at 4 or Elliot at 5-10. Other than that its a shitty draft

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Ideally I'd take the trade down to the 8-15 area and see what's there, perhaps Lynch. If we stay at 4 I prefer Elliott, Bosa and Buckner, in that order, although Elliott/Bosa are a bit above Buckner without much separation between the two.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Ideally I'd take the trade down to the 8-15 area and see what's there, perhaps Lynch. If we stay at 4 I prefer Elliott, Bosa and Buckner, in that order, although Elliott/Bosa are a bit above Buckner without much separation between the two.
I agree. We are in a position to improve. I think we only forfeit that with a Ramsey pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. We are in a position to improve. I think we only forfeit that with a Ramsey pick.
Ramsey would make us better. I think to say otherwise is over the top. But I also just don't see him as a star. Just an upgrade to some of the shit we have in the secondary.

Top Bottom