MLB Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So I'm going to the Astros game on Friday night because my daughter's school choir is going to be singing on the field before the game.

That's pretty cool.

And of all the teams they could play against on such a special night? The Red Sox.

:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
1 down. 18 to go.
It's getting to the point where the Astros shouldn't even bother to show up to play the Rangers anymore.

It's pwnge of the highest levels.

It broguth quite the smile to my face when the dudes at the coffee machine this morning were talking about how much they hate losing to Dallas teams.

:art

Carp

DCC 4Life
I recently booked a trip to Illinois in July and discovered that the Mets are going to be at Wrigley while I am in town. Just bought a ticket to a day game on July 20th. Part of me would like to see Syndergaard pitch that day but I also want to see the Cubs win so...not Syndergaard I hope?

That guy looks like an absolute monster right now. I'm hoping he is just off to a hot start but it doesn't look like that nastiness is going anywhere anytime soon.
He has a way about him that is just flatout confidence. After he told the Royals that if they had a problem with him throwing inside that he would be 60 feet 6 inches away from them if they cared to discuss it further. Legend status there.

Very exciting to see him quickly elevated to ace level and coupled with Conforto moved up to the 3 hole...feels good.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's getting to the point where the Astros shouldn't even bother to show up to play the Rangers anymore.

It's pwnge of the highest levels.

It broguth quite the smile to my face when the dudes at the coffee machine this morning were talking about how much they hate losing to Dallas teams.

:art
Did you see that stupid article in the Chronicle about how the Astros are better than the Rangers even though they keep losing to them. Ludicre

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Did you see that stupid article in the Chronicle about how the Astros are better than the Rangers even though they keep losing to them. Ludicre
I got a chuckle where it said they swim through floods. Yeah because they were dumb enough to go in an underpass when it was flooding.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's the typical We're-Houston-so-we-have-to-hate-all-things-Dallas line of thinking. There's no real logic to it, just pure blind Houston hatred.

Don't pay that foolishness any mind.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Another no hitter for Jake Arrieta. {yawn}

That guy is unfuckingbelievable. Scott Feldman & Steve Clevenger for Jake Arrieta & Pedro Strop. :rofl

Before tonight's No-No Arrieta's regular season since last June:

23 straight Quality Starts
19 W
1 L
0.91 ERA
0.71 WHIP
.156 Opponent Avg
29/167 BB/K

:furley

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Its like they arent even trying.

D

Deuce

Gosselin wrote an article that Gallo may be trade bait. That would be glorious with all the Gallo love around here.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Casey Williams --->:laff<---Arrieta and the Cubs organization/fans

:budd<---the Orioles organization/fans

Rev

Staff member
Gosselin wrote an article that Gallo may be trade bait. That would be glorious with all the Gallo love around here.
Why? He will either play with us or bring us something good. Win- Win

Rev

Staff member
He ain't going anywhere, anyways.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Its like they arent even trying.
Dating back to last season, what is the record between these two?

I can't recall another matchup being so lopsided that didn't involve a dominant team vs a shitty team.

I know the Astros are struggling right now, but even going back to last season, these two teams are fairly evenly matched but you wouldn't know it given how one-sided this has been.

Rev

Staff member
Dating back to last season, what is the record between these two?

I can't recall another matchup being so lopsided that didn't involve a dominant team vs a shitty team.

I know the Astros are struggling right now, but even going back to last season, these two teams are fairly evenly matched but you wouldn't know it given how one-sided this has been.
Looked it up and the Rangers have an 80-49 advantage in the series. 2013 was actually worse than last year with Texas winning 17 of 19. I Imagine it will even out this year but they aren't off to a good start.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Braves haven't hit a HR since April 10th. :lol

I honestly don't know why fans still pay to watch them. They're like the Sixers. They're not trying to be competitive right now. Every move they've made is about stocking the farm system with young talent as they prepare to head into the new ballpark.

They probably won't be watchable until 2018 at the earliest.

Top Bottom