DeMarcus Lawrence SUSPENDED? WTF?!?!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wonder if Lawrence will stall his suspension to at least staggar it with Gregory's.
Even if there were some way to pull that off I wouldn't play it that way.

You intentionally handicap yourself for 8 games instead of 4 with that method. I'd rather just take my lumps early and hope everyone stays clean and produces over the next 12 weeks.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
Interesting portion of a pre draft article before Dallas took Lawrence..

"On the flip side, Lawrence served three one-game suspensions in two seasons for what remain unspecified violations of team rules.
Lawrence blamed "childish behavior" for the suspensions.
Avalos said he would tell anyone interested in listening that Lawrence has "matured" and "grown" in his time in Boise.
The Cowboys are satisfied that his maturation now matches his toughness and his determination to succeed."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/02/08/cowboys-de-demarcus-lawrence-really-tough-tenacious-credit-childhood

I can't believe how much Dallas love to draft players with suspension or character history. They are right there with Cleveland in that area.

Scandrick, Ro McClain, Gregory, Lawrence ... And of course Hardy. Players on one defense who've been suspended 4+ games past couple years?

This is the continuity Garrett preaches?

I guess you reap what you sow huh?

I'm sick of this shit

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
For years they've preached RKG philosophy but it only seems to apply to first rounders. After that they ignore it because they think they're getting steals.. high fives and stuff.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've been away all day and just saw this. Between this, the Gregory suspension and the Iggles trading up to #2 which almost guarantees we take Ramsey or Bosa, :budd .

Jerral needs to make a call to the devil and revisit that deal he made before the Herschel Walker trade. "Yeah, uh, *lipsmack, uh hello, *lipsmack* devil? Could you make some uh, team temporarily stupid enough *lipsmack* to mortgage their uh, future for *lipsmack* Walker and let me win a few Super Bowls? You can uh, do whatever you want after that. You'll uh, even throw in a *lipsmack* facelift? Deal!"

If there's any small consolation, at least we're not Browns fans. :picard

dallen

Senior Tech
What is funny is I just chuckled softly and shook my head when I first read the news.

Although the narrative around here is I shit myself, that is not true.
Yeah, you just kind of expect this shit now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It is like they believe these addict's bullshit when they interview them. You've seen it a thousand times if you know someone fucked on drugs. They promise they're done, then something ends up missing from your wallet or house. Or they're getting fired or some kind of fuck up. Most of these weak minded fucktards aren't going to quit. Even for millions.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Even if there were some way to pull that off I wouldn't play it that way.

You intentionally handicap yourself for 8 games instead of 4 with that method. I'd rather just take my lumps early and hope everyone stays clean and produces over the next 12 weeks.
Same here. Just get it over with.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What a god damn disaster. This season is sunk before it has started just like last year was.

We need a Bill Parcells back because Jerry has ruined this team again. I have liked Garrett and his message and I still have some amount of faith in him but this organization has no direction from the top and it bleeds down to everything underneath including personnel.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What a god damn disaster. This season is sunk before it has started just like last year was.

We need a Bill Parcells back because Jerry has ruined this team again. I have liked Garrett and his message and I still have some amount of faith in him but this organization has no direction from the top and it bleeds down to everything underneath including personnel.
You are a bit late but welcome to the party. :hattip

vince

Not So New Member
These players are a result of poor drafting. With scouts like Bryan Broadus and Will McClay, where the fuck are we going wrong?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Plain and simple, we think we can rehab these retards. Something Jones probably picked up from Al Davis.

vince

Not So New Member
Ex-scout then. I'm sure he has some kind of voice with the organization.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is some assumptive talk going on right now on Twitter that says Lawrence has a very good chance of getting his suspension reduced or even eliminated. Gil Brandt is championing it, so take it for what it's worth.

Top Bottom