Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So I guess now Woodson would be a lesser player because he had less than 3 int's the majority of his career.

This harping on int's and ignoring everything else he does is just lazy.

How many int's are the result of luck or skill?

And if you could guarantee a Terrance Newman out of this draft at 4 I would have no issue.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There is no way he is a poor man's Byron Jones, that's just ridiculous.

What does Jones do that is better than him?
Byron Jones
Jalen Ramsey
Height:
6’1″
6’1″
Weight:
199 lbs.
209 lbs.
Arm Length:
32″
33 3/8″
Hands:
10″
9 1/2″
40 yard dash:
4.36 (pro day)
Bench Press:
18 reps (pro day)
14 reps
Vertical Jump:
44 1/2″
41 1/2″
Broad Jump:
12’3″
11’3″
3 Cone Drill:
20 Yard Shuffle:
60 Yard Shuffle:
11.10​

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So I guess now Woodson would be a lesser player because he had less than 3 int's the majority of his career.

And if you could guarantee a Terrance Newman out of this draft at 4 I would have no issue.
Again, if I was guaranteed that Ramsey would be a Woodson level player I would be perfectly fine taking him. Of course that is a huge unknown and risk to take when you consider that he didn't display great play-making skills in college.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Byron Jones
Jalen Ramsey
Height:
6’1″
6’1″
Weight:
199 lbs.
209 lbs.
Arm Length:
32″
33 3/8″
Hands:
10″
9 1/2″
40 yard dash:
4.36 (pro day)
Bench Press:
18 reps (pro day)
14 reps
Vertical Jump:
44 1/2″
41 1/2″
Broad Jump:
12’3″
11’3″
3 Cone Drill:
20 Yard Shuffle:
60 Yard Shuffle:
11.10​
Looks like Jones has an edge on the physical side of things. Slight as it may be.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

If you take away the GB years yes I would consider Woodson a lesser player. Just like Ed Reed would have been a lesser player if he didn't make all those game changing plays.

Woodson recorded most of those low INT seasons earlier in his career when he was with the Raiders but once he went to GB his IMPACT numbers/plays increased significantly.

The ability to generate big plays and turnovers counts for something. Especially when we're talking about the #4 overall pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Again, if I was guaranteed that Ramsey would be a Woodson level player I would be perfectly fine taking him. Of course that is a huge unknown and risk to take when you consider that he didn't display great play-making skills in college.
Even 3 INTs in a season would be a career best for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you take away the GB years yes I would consider Woodson a lesser player. Just like Ed Reed would have been a lesser player if he didn't make all those game changing plays.

Woodson recorded most of those low INT seasons earlier in his career when he was with the Raiders but once he went to GB his IMPACT numbers/plays increased significantly.

The ability to generate big plays and turnovers counts for something. Especially when we're talking about the #4 overall pick.
I think he was talking about Darren Woodson but I could be wrong.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well since we're talking Darren Woodson....if we were guaranteed a DW type career from Ramsey, I'd still be very hesitant to pull the trigger on him at #4. Players like Woody are a late 1st/top of the 2nd round kind of player, IMO.

Again, just my opinion, if I'm picking #4 I'm looking for someone who can make an impact on the game week after week.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well sense we're talking Darren Woodson....if we were guaranteed a DW type career from Ramsey, I'd still be very hesitant to pull the trigger on him at #4. Players like Woody are a late 1st/top of the 2nd round kind of player, IMO.

Again, just my opinion, if I'm picking #4 I'm looking for someone who can make an impact on the game week after week.
I would be looking for that as well but you can only draft the guys available and Ramsey rates with all of the available talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well sense we're talking Darren Woodson....if we were guaranteed a DW type career from Ramsey, I'd still be very hesitant to pull the trigger on him at #4. Players like Woody are a late 1st/top of the 2nd round kind of player, IMO.

It's difficult because Darren Woodson is one of those all time true Cowboy favorite types. I really loved him as a player and leader on this defense. But picking a safety at 4 I'm really hoping for more of a Ed Reed type. Which may be the same thing as hoping for Deion Sanders. Once in a generational talent you just won't find. But that may be setting my standards a little high. If I get Darren Woodson's career out of 4 I'm probably very happy. But I don't want a guy whose ceiling is Darren Woodson because most don't ever reach that ceiling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Byron Jones
Jalen Ramsey
Height:
6’1″
6’1″
Weight:
199 lbs.
209 lbs.
Arm Length:
32″
33 3/8″
Hands:
10″
9 1/2″
40 yard dash:
4.36 (pro day)
Bench Press:
18 reps (pro day)
14 reps
Vertical Jump:
44 1/2″
41 1/2″
Broad Jump:
12’3″
11’3″
3 Cone Drill:
20 Yard Shuffle:
60 Yard Shuffle:
11.10​
And what does any of that have to do with them as players?

And how does that make him a poor man's Jones?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I keep reading what I want from a #4 pick who is that guy in this draft?

Nobody wants Tunsil and he is the only legitimate guy that would go top 4 in most drafts.

So who is that guy in this draft that is a guy who is going to impact week to week?

Ramsey has as good a chance as anybody else.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well since we're talking Darren Woodson....if we were guaranteed a DW type career from Ramsey, I'd still be very hesitant to pull the trigger on him at #4. Players like Woody are a late 1st/top of the 2nd round kind of player, IMO.

Who is that guy over Ramsey in this draft?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd rather Ezekiel Elliot or Joey Bosa than Jalen Ramsey.

But if no QB than I want to trade down.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Attachments

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, can't say I really believe anything I see on that website. This is the same guy who said "The Cowboys are one of four teams that have inquired on moving up to the top spot of the draft. The other three teams are the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and the New York Jets, who are the dark horse. The overall belief around the league is the Jets don’t have the ammunition to move up. "

Yet never mentioned the Rams who actually did make the trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom