Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It really is ironic that the Rams were the benefactors of the Griffin trade and then a mere 4 years later turn around and give up a very similar bounty in a very similar trade. I'm guessing that alot of this has to do with the Rams wanting to excite the fanbase and create some buzz going into LA, starting off a new era with Case Keenum, Nick Foles or whoever they picked in the 2nd wouldn't have sold too many season tickets in what is a very fickle, front-running city.

Even if Wentz/Goff aren't sure-fire prospects (which they aren't) and even if they overpaid, they can still sell the "1st overall pick QB" and Gurley to the glitzy idiots in LA who don't know dick about football.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But basically I think we're screwed. We'll wind up being stuck at 4 with no QB to take and no elite player to take and very little way to trade out.

This kind of sucks.
With Jalen Ramsey doing his best Terence Newman impersonation. Hurray.... No impact out of our fourth overall pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't know that next year's QB crop is better than this year's.
Nobody really knew who Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch was this time last year, we'll see what next year looks like next year. A guy like Watson looks like a pretty legit prospect at this point but we'll see.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nobody really knew who Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch was this time last year, we'll see what next year looks like next year. A guy like Watson looks like a pretty legit prospect at this point but we'll see.
The next two QB classes suck fron what I am seeing so far. I don't even think Watson is a sure thing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That is a tremendous boatload of draft picks to move up, especially when the consensus is none of these QB's are on par with Luck or other franchise types.

i'm sure the Rams take Wentz, but even if they did go Goff, Wentz would go #2 to Cleveland or someone who'd trade up. I guess SD takes Tunsil or Ramsey. We're either taking Ramsey or Bosa. And with Wentz/Goff off the board there's no likely trade down option either.
None of the QBs were Luck or Peyton Manning but I think they were every bit the Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan or Marcus Mariota.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck it. I'm on the phone to see what Cleveland wants for #2. Offer them #4, #67, #189, and Leary.

I'm having Prescott nightmares.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The next two QB classes suck fron what I am seeing so far. I don't even think Watson is a sure thing.
Did you think this year's QB class looked good this time last year?

You had Cook and Goff, neither of which looked like sure things, and then Wentz was probably considered a 3rd-4th type of prospect while Lynch was barely on the radar.

It's very possible that next year is a very poor QB class but it's just as possible that a couple of other guys pop up like Wentz and Lynch did this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fuck it. I'm on the phone to see what Cleveland wants for #2. Offer them #4, #67, #189, and Leary.

I'm having Prescott nightmares.
Yea, if we're sold on both of the top 2 and that's all it took I'd do it in a second. Like I said though, if I had to guess there may not be as much separation between Goff and Lynch in their minds as we would expect.

Keep in mind we didn't bring Prescott in for a visit, I'd be more worried about Cook at 34 or Hackenberg at 67.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You will take Jalen Ramsey and you will like it.
Yea no, I hated the Claibust pick from day1 and will hate the Ramsey one the same

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only thing I'll say for Ramsey compared to Claiborne is that Ramsey seems much more physical and aggressive than Claiborne, which has been one of his big downfalls, and Claiborne also did not test like an elite athlete while Ramsey did.

Of course Claiborne also showed very good ball skills in college and had 11 INT's in 2 years so there's that.

Cotton

Staff member
Titans say they had a couple other solid offers for the top pick

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 14, 2016, 11:21 AM EDT

Titans General Manager Jon Robinson says the Rams weren’t the only team looking to trade up to the first overall pick in the draft. But the Rams made the Titans the best offer, and the Titans accepted that offer in a trade announced today.

Asked how many other teams besides the Rams gave the Titans “solid offers,” Robinson answered, “I would say a couple.”

Robinson says he likes the depth in this year’s draft, and so he likes having the Rams’ first-round pick, No. 15 overall.

“This is a pretty deep draft at various positions, so there will most certainly be a good football player at No. 15.”

But what Robinson really likes is the wealth of picks the Titans now have in the first three rounds.

“We’ve got six picks now in the top 76,” Robinson said. “It definitely gives us a chance to strategize, if you will, with those picks.”

The Titans now have a huge haul of picks early in this year’s draft, plus two first-round picks and two third-round picks next year. Now Robinson has to prove he knows what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom